What made you huh?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: What made you huh?

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:47 am Megamind takes place in Michigan.
THIS
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed May 26, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

It'll make others huh but..... I have a confession.

I don't have Facebook, Instagram, nor Twitter. Or any other social media platforms.

And honestly I could give a fuck to join any of them. I never got their appeal and wanting other people's likes and follows. Having strangers validate my opinions or appearance is not something I care about.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm I never got their appeal and wanting other people's likes and follows. Having strangers validate my opinions or appearance is not something I care about.
For me, it's not about the likes and the follows so much as it's about having a convenient way to remain in contact with a large number of people. It's just a convenience, like a telephone, a car, a hair dryer, or any other technological doodad.
Last edited by eabaker on Thu May 27, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:45 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm I never got their appeal and wanting other people's likes and follows. Having strangers validate my opinions or appearance is not something I care about.
For me, it's not about the likes and the follows so much as it's about having a convenient way to remain in contact with a large number of people. It's just a convenience, like a telephone, a car, a hair dryer, or any other technological doodad.
No, I get that part especially connecting with people from the fandom one may be a part of. Like a forum lol. It's the stupidity that often follows with social media that's the problem. It's just a double edge sword and more often than not one gets the sharpest end.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:50 pm
eabaker wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:45 pm
No, I get that part especially connecting with people from the fandom one may be a part of. Like a forum lol. It's the stupidity that often follows with social media that's the problem. It's just a double edge sword and more often than not one gets the sharpest end.
Yeah, it can definitely be a pointlessly emotionally exhausting exercise.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm It'll make others huh but..... I have a confession.

I don't have Facebook, Instagram, nor Twitter. Or any other social media platforms.

And honestly I could give a fuck to join any of them. I never got their appeal and wanting other people's likes and follows. Having strangers validate my opinions or appearance is not something I care about.
Good for you man. Social media is a headache.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm It'll make others huh but..... I have a confession.

Same, except for YT, if you’d call it a Social Media platform.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: I’d rather avoid hurting people, so I’d mainly just disable the tanks
I don’t think he knows tanks can carry people in numbers from 2-5. To ‘disable’ a tank, he’d need to destroy the vehicle, thus killing how ever many crew members are in the tank.
For Emperor and Empire!

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:39 pm
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: I’d rather avoid hurting people, so I’d mainly just disable the tanks
I don’t think he knows tanks can carry people in numbers from 2-5. To ‘disable’ a tank, he’d need to destroy the vehicle, thus killing how ever many crew members are in the tank.
Or just tip it onto its back like a turtle?

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:34 pm
Good for you man. Social media is a headache.
Most social media are only worth their weight as places to promote art or creative endeavors. Other than that, it's practically a mixture of never meeting your heroes, mob harassment campaigns and dealing with people who share too much, post cringe or blandly repost what everyone else does. The kicker are the posts like "Share this if you believe in God/love the troops/insert some stupid emotional manipulation", fighting over politics and religion, those poorly made comics about how much they hate their spouses, or people who despise Facebook that still use it in the pointless posting equivalent of YouTubers claiming they'll "leave YouTube" or hatewatching shows and movies. I got over most of it and simply just use them sparingly. Even ones supposedly for "professional environments" like LinkedIn turned into the new Facebook.

The lack of nuance and the algorithms poison people against each other. I got tired of getting sucked into the toxic environment and left it. Still wish I didn't nuke my DeviantArt or Tumblr though [art again, basically], but that's just imposter syndrome and other issues to deal with.

Can't really post anything worth of salt within a restricted word and character limit. I still don't understand why people don't sanitize their social media or even adopt one given all the trolls out there. Then again, I find the entire idea of digging into everyone's post history and bullying them for it to be repugnant for the most part*. I've been against cancel culture since the Iraq War began. Or Freedom Fries. That was hilarious.

*It's rarely anything actually deserved where it outs morally wrong or illegal activities that exploit the vulnerable. Just misconstruing someone's words in the worst way imaginable.
Last edited by Bigdog on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Bigdog wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:39 am I've been against cancel culture since the Iraq War began. Or Freedom Fries. That was hilarious.
You make a lot of good points about social media. The thing that bothers me most is that social media, algorithms, etc encourage tribalism. Everywhere you turn there's somebody plugging an ideology, vying for your heart and mind, and these struggles enmesh any topic or interest I might want to discuss or have take space on my page. "Hey, cool page about X!" until they start posting extreme politics. It might be left wing, it might be right wing, but either way everywhere you turn somebody is trying to spin all the crazy shit happening in the world to fit their narrative.
So I'd rather just stay away. TohoKingdom might be crazy but I've found my time here more fulfilling than any time I've spent on social media.
(Also freedom fries! I forgot about that. America is such a spaz.)
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:11 pm
Bigdog wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:39 am I've been against cancel culture since the Iraq War began. Or Freedom Fries. That was hilarious.
You make a lot of good points about social media. The thing that bothers me most is that social media, algorithms, etc encourage tribalism. Everywhere you turn there's somebody plugging an ideology, vying for your heart and mind, and these struggles enmesh any topic or interest I might want to discuss or have take space on my page. "Hey, cool page about X!" until they start posting extreme politics. It might be left wing, it might be right wing, but either way everywhere you turn somebody is trying to spin all the crazy poop happening in the world to fit their narrative.
So I'd rather just stay away. TohoKingdom might be crazy but I've found my time here more fulfilling than any time I've spent on social media.
Why you America hating S.O.B...... Freedom Fries is what this country needs and how dare you insult Freedom Fries. If I had some in my hand right now I'd slap you with each one of them.
Good day sir.
. I said good day.

AMERICA Fuck YEAH!!!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

You make a lot of good points about social media. The thing that bothers me most is that social media, algorithms, etc encourage tribalism. Everywhere you turn there's somebody plugging an ideology, vying for your heart and mind, and these struggles enmesh any topic or interest I might want to discuss or have take space on my page. "Hey, cool page about X!" until they start posting extreme politics. It might be left wing, it might be right wing, but either way everywhere you turn somebody is trying to spin all the crazy poop happening in the world to fit their narrative.
The thing I found hilarious about sites like Facebook is the selective outrage when it came to its data being used for political purposes. Like, what politician in their right mind wouldn't consider using this data and their services for an election? Why wouldn't the justice system take advantage of people flaunting breaking the law? Or just for marketing. Many flops in entertainment like comics, films and TV shows can be credited to this and just generally being out of touch. People who don't post on social media or have middle of the road or more reasonable views are outweighed by ten extremists, and of course in entertainment, the rabid fans will buy anything.

I never once believed jobs should ever be chosen on immutable factors either, and I still don't. The mob is far more concerned that people share the exact shallow characteristics of the characters they voice and write than they are of vastly more important issues. Or they only care if it's "close enough", which is a can of worms I won't touch because of brevity. I thought everything about 2003 was absurd from how people were so willing to give up their freedom or to send their own children to die in wars against nations that at best, could've been handled diplomatically or with sanctions. Not a fan of Hussein, but destabilizing an entire country without any reconstruction plan because W's daddy was pwned was horrific. Imagine if the Marshall Plan Post WWII was hnadled like Iraq and Afghanistan. Those nations would be all messed up for decades and fall under extremism.
goji89 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:36 pm
Why you America hating S.O.B...... Freedom Fries is what this country needs and how dare you insult Freedom Fries. If I had some in my hand right now I'd slap you with each one of them.
Good day sir.
. I said good day.

AMERICA skreeonk YEAH!!!
Lol.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:05 am Or just tip it onto its back like a turtle?
At best this puts the crew in a very awkward predicament, unable to escape due to the hatch being blocked, until the necessary equipment is brought in to flip the tank back over or cut them out. The tank is definitely going to suffer some level of damage which will cost taxpayer money to repair. Potentially the tank (not being built to be upside down) could crumple under its own weight and crush the crew, or even explode if the ammo or fuel catch fire somehow.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:17 am
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:05 am Or just tip it onto its back like a turtle?
At best this puts the crew in a very awkward predicament, unable to escape due to the hatch being blocked, until the necessary equipment is brought in to flip the tank back over or cut them out. The tank is definitely going to suffer some level of damage which will cost taxpayer money to repair. Potentially the tank (not being built to be upside down) could crumple under its own weight and crush the crew, or even explode if the ammo or fuel catch fire somehow.
Apparently most tanks have escape hatches on the bottom for this very situation. And they don’t typically explode just from being tipped.

Plus, in this situation I’d be carefully and deliberately tipping it, not just whacking it over.

But yeah, the people inside would probably be fine aside from a few bruises.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Samsungs new virtual helper girl...... Jesus fucking Christ people need to get laid, or pay for it like normal people do.

This generation is all sort of fucked up.

She's 17 even if she is fake you closet pedos.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Since I went to sleep early, I woke up early. It was 2:00 a.m. today when I woke up from my sleep. Since I felt rested enough, I decided to watch YouTube via my Xbox One.

Then by 3:00, I heard what sounded like a small group of people either on my street or nearby. These people were shouting and making weird noises and they didn't stop until around 4:30. I swear, one of them was singing a really weird song. It sounded like one of those creepy backmasking songs or like something from a Satanic ritual. I had to pause the video that I was watching and listen to them for, like, three whole minutes just so I can wrap my head on what they are doing at that hour. It creeped me out so much that I was actually afraid that they were going to try and invade one of the houses at my street. Thinking about it now, it's kind of silly to think that since it's most likely just a few friends, probably drunk, having some early morning fun. But at the time at 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, it was pretty creepy.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:36 am Since I went to sleep early, I woke up early. It was 2:00 a.m. today when I woke up from my sleep. Since I felt rested enough, I decided to watch YouTube via my Xbox One.

Then by 3:00, I heard what sounded like a small group of people either on my street or nearby. These people were shouting and making weird noises and they didn't stop until around 4:30. I swear, one of them was singing a really weird song. It sounded like one of those creepy backmasking songs or like something from a Satanic ritual. I had to pause the video that I was watching and listen to them for, like, three whole minutes just so I can wrap my head on what they are doing at that hour. It creeped me out so much that I was actually afraid that they were going to try and invade one of the houses at my street. Thinking about it now, it's kind of silly to think that since it's most likely just a few friends, probably drunk, having some early morning fun. But at the time at 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, it was pretty creepy.
Lon Chaney, the Man of a Thousand Faces, said it best: "There is nothing funny about a clown after midnight."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Leo finally arrived so I can finish the series. The case was busted all to hell but luckily we had some extras multi-disc cases lying around. It's a bit small for the box but works well enough. Of course the final episode of Singular Point is today.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So today, i was just getting up from a nap. For the longest time i thought there was just this weirdly shaped splotch on my carpeting... turns out that "splotch" is actually an old school treasure chest that was sitting on the floor for the longest time.

I'm now wondering if there's hidden treasure somewhere inside my house.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!