Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
6%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
6%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
12%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
13%
10. Megalon
30%

Total votes: 126

Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Legion1979 »

Those YMSF Godzillas aren't terrible but I'm sorry, the Bandai one blows them away.

And that side view of the open-mouthed one is pretty awkward. I can't tell, are the faces separate pieces? If so, that's pretty rough.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am Those YMSF Godzillas aren't terrible but I'm sorry, the Bandai one blows them away.

And that side view of the open-mouthed one is pretty awkward. I can't tell, are the faces separate pieces? If so, that's pretty rough.
Yeah, I think that's the figure's main downfall. It gives it a really awkward seam like.

Added in 1 minute :
canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:36 am The sculpts aren’t that good… But yes the paint hurts rather than helps an already weak sculpt.

One of the biggest problems I see with Y-MSF gojis is the skin texture almost always looks cheap and amateurish. It’s worse than what I could do myself (and having built a few Godzilla models, I actually have sculpted the skin texture with putty to fill seams). And I’m not a particularly skilled sculptor.
I think it really depends on the run. My Showa ones are pretty awesome and don't have that shine like '89 does.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

New set of Hedorahs dropped earlier :Hedorah:

Smog color (glitter version), Strawberry and Spiderman variants

There was an Iron Man version too but it sold out already

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Snagged a Spider-Hedorah. That makes my 6th YMSF Hedorah... By God, I am DONE... The only color combo I can really see myself falling in love with would be a black and neon green one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

I use E6000.
Missingno. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 pm Rodan's wings are meant to come off and can be replaced if need be; it's not like a barbell/ball joint that once it's broken, you're done for, right? I took mine out of the box I unfortunately have my figures in due to a lack of display space, and the right wing is incredibly loose and looks like it could fall off at any given moment. If it's just a matter of simply gluing it back in place, is there anything in particular I should use?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

swfreakjpb wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm I use E6000.
Missingno. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 pm Rodan's wings are meant to come off and can be replaced if need be; it's not like a barbell/ball joint that once it's broken, you're done for, right? I took mine out of the box I unfortunately have my figures in due to a lack of display space, and the right wing is incredibly loose and looks like it could fall off at any given moment. If it's just a matter of simply gluing it back in place, is there anything in particular I should use?
Wrong thread

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im getting one of the glitter Hedorahs. Honestly, thats my favorite looking Hedorah to come out in a while.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Just realized only 5 Iron Man Hedorahs were made

Glad I grabbed one :Hedorah:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

First Y-MSF

I'm a sucker for a good KingGoji. I'm lined up for the teased prototypes for sure, count me in!
Resized Image
Shipped and on the way!

Going to see if he has a few other older releases lying around his place that he can sell. From the proto's he's shown off i'm biting my nails on that Zilla and Showa Anguirus.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I just got a Mechanikong, and my figure guy has a G89 and Rodan waiting for me. He also ordered a Shin Hedorah kit that will be sent off to an artist and finished up for me. Good prices too.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:21 pm I just got a Mechanikong, and my figure guy has a G89 and Rodan waiting for me. He also ordered a Shin Hedorah kit that will be sent off to an artist and finished up for me. Good prices too.
Please dont tell me he got the Mechanikong directly from Y-MSF...

Because you'd shatter my hopes and dreams if you got the last one lol. -I just confirmed, I missed him I guess. I picked up the repaint of the Raymond Kong 62 however as a bonus before I miss that one too. I prefer the original colors, and next time if he shows up again lol. Until then I need a Toho Kong to go with my King Goji.

Rodan and Ebirah on my list as well, but not necessary at the moment.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

no no, I get all of my figures through a guy who imports figures from Japan. He usually gets a handful of figures from YMSF and resells them for a pretty decent price. He has another Mechanikong, if you are interested. RipCityKaiju on ebay. Sometimes I feel like I should try ordering from the YMSF guy myself but I remember a while back when my paypal didnt want to send money to someone in another country so IDK if it would work.

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

Got myself the "Shin" Hedorah kit. Can't wait to paint it :D

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mistwalker98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:37 am Got myself the "Shin" Hedorah kit. Can't wait to paint it :D
See. I know I CAN PAINT IT. I know I have the skills to make it look decent - but im too chicken shit. Im in the mindset it falls under "too valuable to fuck up" syndrome.

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:44 am
Mistwalker98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:37 am Got myself the "Shin" Hedorah kit. Can't wait to paint it :D
See. I know I CAN PAINT IT. I know I have the skills to make it look decent - but im too chicken poop. Im in the mindset it falls under "too valuable to skreeonk up" syndrome.
I say get 2 then leave one as stock and the other one the color of your choice :D

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

You can always just remove the paint if you’re not happy with it. It’s not hard.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:15 am You can always just remove the paint if you’re not happy with it. It’s not hard.
I'm aware. If you paint it how your supposed to and seal layers especially if your working with only acrylics. It's hard if not impossible to remove sealed paint from a vinyl kit w/o damaging it. Atleast when I tried to remove some I applied on some flash remnants.

I still feel they are to limited to go "whoops I fucked up." I can throw away Playmates and Bandai vinyls all day with that attitude but not on something like this.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:27 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:21 pm I just got a Mechanikong, and my figure guy has a G89 and Rodan waiting for me. He also ordered a Shin Hedorah kit that will be sent off to an artist and finished up for me. Good prices too.

Because you'd shatter my hopes and dreams if you got the last one lol. -I just confirmed, I missed him I guess. I picked up the repaint of the Raymond Kong 62 however as a bonus before I miss that one too. I prefer the original colors, and next time if he shows up again lol. Until then I need a Toho Kong to go with my King Goji.

The 30cm Mechani-Kong (no belt) is still available

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:56 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:27 pm

The 30cm Mechani-Kong (no belt) is still available
Belt or bust! REEEEE!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

New Kumonga on the way next week. Colors appear to be more screen accurate. Good timing, because I don't think I'll have another chance to get one for a while.

More paint test shots for the big "Shin" Hedorah shown off. So start saving! I'm sure he'll be around the corner too since this Kumonga came out of nowhere.