American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornaments

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornam

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Those honestly don't look too great, especially in comparison to some of their better ornaments, but I'll probably pick 'em up to complete my collection.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Mr. Xeno wrote:Those honestly don't look too great, especially in comparison to some of their better ornaments, but I'll probably pick 'em up to complete my collection.
I agree. I'm glad that they are able to still produce them but they seem rather lack luster compared to the other ornaments. You get what you can take and I will get them since I have gotten the rest but not too impressed.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I think Ghidorah looks better than Godzilla, but I will still definitely get both!
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Saw these today....

I'm quite disappointed with they way they look in person but all Amercian Greeting ornaments looked a little lack luster. Also the set price on both of these was $35 a piece. Going to be quite a bit to swallow for these but I've got all the other ornaments up until now so I will probably eventually bite the bullet.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

It's a shame Hallmark doesn't have the license for yearly Godzilla ornaments.

Not that the LP one they did last year was any masterpiece.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Is that what American Greetings is doing this year? I have their Heisei Godzilla from years ago (with the building springs) and the 60th Anniversary 1954 one (I think they did that one- I like it though!).

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Legion1979 wrote:It's a shame Hallmark doesn't have the license for yearly Godzilla ornaments.

Personally, I'm happier with my American Greetings ornaments, I have and like theirs but I like my AGs better.

And from the pic above, these look like they turned out great.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'll have to pick these two up from Ebay eventually, can't really drop $70 down on two tree ornaments right now. They look fine, about on par with most of their ornaments, though Ghidorah doesn't really shape well.

Can't say I would want them to do two a year again. It hurts the wallet more, and it kind of screws the whole year-by-year setup.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Where are American Greetings sold besides online?

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Starsteam wrote:I'll have to pick these two up from Ebay eventually, can't really drop $70 down on two tree ornaments right now. They look fine, about on par with most of their ornaments, though Ghidorah doesn't really shape well.

Can't say I would want them to do two a year again. It hurts the wallet more, and it kind of screws the whole year-by-year setup.
Got to say that I like Carlton Cards ornaments WAY more then what American Greetings has put out. Seems like CC took their time to create some unique ornaments but with AG they look rushed and very "weak" in accuracy but I've never really liked AG ornaments anyways so this is "normal" for them.

I seem to remember that the first Godzilla oranments being around $20-$25 which is "doable" especially for once a year but now to have 2 "mediocre" oranments at $35 a pop is a bit much IMO. Again hate to pay so much especially for oranments but got to keep the collection complete.
GFAN198423 wrote:Where are American Greetings sold besides online?
Found these at Meijer which isn't everywhere but there is also a American Greetings store as well.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't think I can shell out $70 for two sort-of-accurate statues. Think I'll just pick up Ghidorah, seeing as he's the more unique of the two.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

DoubleDam21 wrote:Saw these today....

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz52 ... 2fauq1.jpg

I'm quite disappointed with they way they look in person but all Amercian Greeting ornaments looked a little lack luster. Also the set price on both of these was $35 a piece. Going to be quite a bit to swallow for these but I've got all the other ornaments up until now so I will probably eventually bite the bullet.
What store did you see these at???

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

^He said Meijer a couple of posts below that.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

What Meijer store did you see these at? I called five Meijers and all of them said that they don't have any Christmas stuff yet.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:

What Meijer store did you see these at? I called five Meijers and all of them said that they don't have any Christmas stuff yet.
Well technically they are right they don't have their Christmas stuff out its just the AG ornaments. I've went to multiple Meijers and they all have there ornaments out just go and look by where they keep their cards and they should be on a end cap.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

DoubleDam21 wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:

Well technically they are right they don't have their Christmas stuff out its just the AG ornaments. I've went to multiple Meijers and they all have there ornaments out just go and look by where they keep their cards and they should be on a end cap.
Okay, thanks.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Legion1979 wrote:It's a shame Hallmark doesn't have the license for yearly Godzilla ornaments.

How is it 'a shame'? Hallmark's quality has been suckish of late, & that LP Godzilla from last year was so bad, that I didn't even buy it when it went clearance! Masterpiece? FAR from it... X_X

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Hallmark does some amazing ornaments. I just think their Godzilla from last year was a rare miss.

At least Hallmark Godzilla ornaments would be a little easier to find.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I found both of these ornaments at my local Meijer store. As I and others have stated, these ornaments are sold back where the greeting cards are at and displayed on an end cap, NOT in the Christmas section. They are pretty sweet ornaments I think, best enjoyed as a pair. :)
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

So I just bought the Ghidorah but I can't get his wings to go in. Anybody else have and solve this issue?
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)