Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:The Little Godzilla, Mecha-King Ghidorah and Anguirus 55 that they promised and never delivered on, for starters.

Aside from that, Jet Jaguar and maybe GFW Hedorah and Ebirah.
Ooo yeah JJ and Ebirah would be great. Ebirah needs more love.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

Megalon
Titanosaurus
Baragon (either version)
Battra (larva and adult)
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Orga
... And of course, many Godzillas

Added in 4 minutes 44 seconds:
I forgot that they did show prototypes for Mecha-KG, Showa Anguirus, and Little Godzilla. They obviously already have molds, so start with those. And go ahead and reissue the Burning G mold, but in solid green this time, for a quick and easy Heisei Godzilla.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Lists such as these got my hopes up nearly five years ago. I looked forward to new releases in this line back then, since I could only afford so much in high school. None of these seem likely, as this line has been nearly defunct since 2015, but I'll entertain the thought this once. Let me go back in time and find my list, though...

"Godzilla 1962" was one I really wanted at the time, since a figure of KingGoji was hard to come by back then. Now, S.H. MonsterArts and NECA have 6-inch scale renditions of that design. It's still my favorite, and I wouldn't mind a new vinyl figure of him, but it's not a top priority of mine anymore. I'd prefer a 1964 (GTTHM version) over anything else.

"Anguirus 1955" was another interesting one on my list. He had a prototype shown several years before, but was never released. I agree with everyone else that mentioned both Mecha King Ghidorah and Little Godzilla, too. They would be a great change of pace if at all possible.

"Mothra 1964 - Because we haven't even gotten a Mothra that actually fought Godzilla." I pretty much nailed the reasoning those years back.

"Megalon." Why not? He's pretty cool. I don't see why not.

"King Ghidorah 1964" was also on my list. Any Ghidorah other than the 2001 design would be welcome at this point. I may still have to get that 2001, since my original broke some years ago. Anyway, King Ghidorah 1964, Rodan 1964, and a Mothra Larva would be great, serving as a tie-in with Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

"Even Varan." And, that's something I want to agree with today, but I can't. Not many collectibles of Varan have been produced in general. It would be nice to change that, but he's still much too obscure to be a probability.
Last edited by MegaEvilSaurus666 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I took pictures at my local Walmart with 3 pegs of BC Godzilla figures, but I can't attach photos. I hate having to upload pictures to another image hosting site account that I can never remember the password to. :mad: But they had King Caesar, Godzilla '68, King Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla '74 (two of each). I will say that Godzilla '68 looks slightly better with a repainted mouth without the bright pink mouth.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
Why do you come to this thread if you’re going to be so angry and bitter?
Who's angry and bitter? I just want folks to come over to the Good Side - the Bandai Japan Vinyl Side...
Oh for God's sake.
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Chris has said that Godzilla sells really well for them hence the reissues. My only complaint is why not try new versions. A 62, 89, 91 would be great

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzillian wrote:Chris has said that Godzilla sells really well for them hence the reissues. My only complaint is why not try new versions. A 62, 89, 91 would be great
Or hell. Reissue ones that aren’t already Available on amazon for cheap. I wouldn’t mind a Burning Godzilla or Final Goji reissue.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

It’s funny....for as much as a few fanboys on here and Facebook groups like to rag on the Bandai USA toy line it seems to be doing well with the general public. Went to Walmart on my break and their Godzilla toys were already cleaned out after just being put out this week

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’ve got a handful of the better ones in my collection with my bandai japan vinyls, but there’s nothing I’m interested in from this line myself unless they do something new. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised to come home from work and see my wife had bought the King Ghidorah at Walmart for our kids a few days ago. They were very excited to add King Ghidorah to their growing collection of monsters! I pulled up the finale of Monster Zero on Filmstruck’s YouTube channel (it’s kinda awesome that they have entire kaiju fights from their Godzilla films up on YouTube) to help remind them who exactly Ghidorah was (they’re both preschool age) and 20 minutes later we had an epic kaiju battle in the playroom. So, yes, these reissues are a good thing regardless of what us collectors think about the figures.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:It’s funny....for as much as a few fanboys on here and Facebook groups like to rag on the Bandai USA toy line it seems to be doing well with the general public. Went to Walmart on my break and their Godzilla toys were already cleaned out after just being put out this week
You SAW these vinyls on the pegs? And how many were there? I got empty pegs at my Wal-Mart too, but I can state matter-of-factly that no vinyls have EVER graced those pegs...

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

MandaSaurus wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:It’s funny....for as much as a few fanboys on here and Facebook groups like to rag on the Bandai USA toy line it seems to be doing well with the general public. Went to Walmart on my break and their Godzilla toys were already cleaned out after just being put out this week
You SAW these vinyls on the pegs? And how many were there? I got empty pegs at my Wal-Mart too, but I can state matter-of-factly that no vinyls have EVER graced those pegs...
Yep and I’d say around 10 figures with 4 pegs

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

They repainted Godzilla 1968's mouth?

Could anyone please provide pictures to confirm this?

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dr. Professor wrote:So what new figures would you guys like to see BC do some day?
Megalon
Gezora
Grand King Ghidorah
Rodan 1964/1965
Gorosaurus
Battra Larva
Anguirus 1968

Any of those would be a dream.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Why can't we get an Angurius?! Why Bandai?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I'd love a Megalon, or a Monster X, or an Ebirah, or Gorosaurus, or a Kamacarus, or a Death Ghidorah, or a Godzillasaurus...

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

[quote="Dr. Professor"]So what new figures would you guys like to see BC do some day?

As for Godzilla figures I would like to see a Godzilla 1989, 1991, 1973, 1962, 1964, 2002

And for monsters I would like to see Anguirus 1955, Varan, Baragon, Megalon, Kumonga, Manda 2004

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Honestly, the only new Godzilla variant I wouldn't mind would be a 1984. The NECA one is still off a little and I don't think we'll get an SHMA anytime soon.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:Honestly, the only new Godzilla variant I wouldn't mind would be a 1984. The NECA one is still off a little and I don't think we'll get an SHMA anytime soon.
I always forget that the only good '84 figure is that Memorial Box one.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I wonder if they'll do a second wave this year since they released so early

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

ROMG4 wrote:They repainted Godzilla 1968's mouth?

Could anyone please provide pictures to confirm this?
God, I hate being forced to learn new technology! :evil:

I tried uploading the pictures on my Photobucket account, but they now have a huge, ugly watermark on them. I tried starting up a Flickr account but for the life of me I can not figure out how to upload a friggin picture directly from my ancient iPhone without being forced to download the app. Are there any simple FREE photo hosting websites out there that do not have watermarks, nor require you to download an app? If I can find one that is easy to use then I can post pictures of these Bandai Creation figures.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.