The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

G1985 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Search mandarake, seen them pop up quite a few times there
How is Mandarake for used books? There are some old Godzilla books that I've been looking for forever.
Shipping is expensive, but that's about all I can tell you. I've never ordered a book from them.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

G1985 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Search mandarake, seen them pop up quite a few times there
How is Mandarake for used books? There are some old Godzilla books that I've been looking for forever.
Pretty good, never had a problem with the books I've ordered from them

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Daimajin Kanon by Bujinsama vinyl. How much do these usually go for?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

After measuring my display space and realizing that I have no hope of fitting the X-plus 1964 Ghidorah in my cabinet, I’m contemplating switching gears a bit. Rather than do a display of the realistic X-plus GTTHM Monster cast, I’m thinking about going for a stylized lineup instead. I’m already halfway there anyway since I’ve had the Gigabrain ‘64 Godzilla and Ghidorah for several years. I’ll need a Mothra larva, but between Marmit and Marusan, those don’t seem too hard to find. But here comes the request.

There is only one Rodan figure out there that will satisfy me for this display, and it is the Pilot Ace Rodan (I think it’s technically the ‘65 version of him, but in stylized form it looks close enough to the ‘64 suit. Certainly more accurate than any other stylized figure in this scale).

I’m keeping tabs on eBay and Mandarake, but does anyone have any other suggestions for places/dealers to seek out? I’d like to get him in some shade of orange or red if at all possible. Thanks for the help!

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

canofhumdingers wrote:After measuring my display space and realizing that I have no hope of fitting the X-plus 1964 Ghidorah in my cabinet, I’m contemplating switching gears a bit. Rather than do a display of the realistic X-plus GTTHM Monster cast, I’m thinking about going for a stylized lineup instead. I’m already halfway there anyway since I’ve had the Gigabrain ‘64 Godzilla and Ghidorah for several years. I’ll need a Mothra larva, but between Marmit and Marusan, those don’t seem too hard to find. But here comes the request.

There is only one Rodan figure out there that will satisfy me for this display, and it is the Pilot Ace Rodan (I think it’s technically the ‘65 version of him, but in stylized form it looks close enough to the ‘64 suit. Certainly more accurate than any other stylized figure in this scale).

I’m keeping tabs on eBay and Mandarake, but does anyone have any other suggestions for places/dealers to seek out? I’d like to get him in some shade of orange or red if at all possible. Thanks for the help!
Are you trying to keep them all in scale? If not, the Bear Model yellow Rodan is nice and stylized. 5" high. Club Tokyo describes it as the original Rodan but I disagree. The face sculpt definitely has traits of the 60's version.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah, the bear model does appear to be the 60’s version. But it’s too small and undetailed for what I want. The idea is to have them all in scale (or as close as possible) with each other and displayed together. The Pilot Ace Rodan is really the only figure I’ve seen that fits the bill (the Marmit and Marusan rodans out there just don’t work as a ‘64).

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ben Shapiro wrote:This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.
Not sure exactly what happened, but have you tried reaching out to NECA support to see if they'll send you a replacement? I don't know the circumstances, but just a thought.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Maritonic wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.
Not sure exactly what happened, but have you tried reaching out to NECA support to see if they'll send you a replacement? I don't know the circumstances, but just a thought.
That idea came to my mind but I don’t think my situation would fit their policy.
Facts don't care about your feelings

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Does anyone have 2014 pack of destruction buildings?

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Pretty much the title. Does anyone have some loose destructible buildings from the pack of destruction sets from 2014? eBay only has pricey Boxed ones.
GO GO GOJI KUN

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...
G14 didn't, why would this film have them?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...
G14 didn't, why would this film have them?
Well, thanks to Legendary, Goji has become a little more mainstream in the US...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If they still can't manage to make a non-retailer exclusive kid's toyline, they're not making Happy Meal toys.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I'm a bit confused why you think Bandai America is positively, absolutely not making KOTM stuff but a happy meal's toyline is in the process of being made, Mandasaurus.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

2004Zilla wrote:I'm a bit confused why you think Bandai America is positively, absolutely not making KOTM stuff but a happy meal's toyline is in the process of being made, Mandasaurus.
Okay. What, exactly, is Bandai America MAKING for the US market aside from re-issued BC vinyls and a few selected re-issued Bandai Japan items? AND I never said happy meal toys were being made! I said surely SOMEONE would be selling them - that's called "hope", not a certainty...

DocFlesh
Young Farmer

Post by DocFlesh »

I've got a Trendmasters 1993 godzilla (missing the pieces), as well as an Imperial Godzilla 6 inch toy and an SH Monsterarts Godzilla. If anyone's interested hit me up.
Also, looking for a 2005 Rodan's left leg.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I’ve been putting feelers out a bit but I’m decided now to go all in. I’m am actively hunting for a Pilot Ace Rodan. I’m not set on a specific color scheme but I do want it to be in the red, orange, or brown family of colors. Basically I want something that at least hints at his real color without having to adhere to any specific color pallette.

If anyone has any ideas or contacts that might help me track one down your help is greatly appreciated!

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Hello TK,
It has been quite a few yrs since I last posted, but I have not stopped collecting. Been very busy working two jobs until recently.
So I picked this up today for a steal.
ImageI am wanting to find a 30cm King Kong 62 (built and painted). If anyone has a line on one that won’t break the bank, I am all ears
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Can someone identify this Godzilla figure?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.