Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
xolta
GPN Volunteer

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by xolta »

SpaceG92 wrote:*insert Bagan theme*

Resin/Sofubi Bagan Kit - 17cm - 17000yen. December 17th Pre-sale, Event only.

https://twitter.com/nyoruniru/status/10 ... RioSorlnkw
All this dose is make me want a monster arts of bagan. A thing that seem unlikely with the all gojia hour thats going on in the line right now.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

xolta wrote: All this dose is make me want a monster arts of bagan. A thing that seem unlikely with the all gojia hour thats going on in the line right now.
Same - but take some solace that some collectibles are being made of him. Hell, a few X-Plus sculpts were original GOWROW kits that were recast into vinyl by X-Plus. We might have the same. Then again, limited Garage Kit > Business Garage kits

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

Do you think godzilla vs kong will get us a new Kong monster arts figure?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

xolta wrote:Do you think godzilla vs kong will get us a new Kong monster arts figure?
Probably since they'll want to cash in

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

:D

Marmit mini's for Akamatsu Kazumitsu (owner of Marmit) solo show Destroy All Monsters held at Clutter Gallery in NY starting May 11, 2019. Exhibit will be held to the end of the month.

Giganbrain April 2019 pre-orders.

Marusan

Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Hobby Search has the Nanoblock Charanano Shin Godzilla in stock for $15... if you're already ordering something, chances are you can pop this in the box and it'll ship for free...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10621380
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Bandai Premium exclusive Godzilla 1954 poster color edition. Price 6,600 yen. Release date October 2019. Packaging design will be handled by Sadao Iizuka who worked on the heat ray effects on the original 1954 Godzilla film.

Marusan 450 MechaGodzilla secret edition Snow White version. Super Festival 81 exclusive sales on June 30, 2019. Price 20,000 yen.

Marusan 450 MechaGodzilla. Super Festival 81 exclusive sales on June 30, 2019.

Marusan King Ghidorah. Super Festival 81 exclusive sales on June 30, 2019.

Y-MSF Bath Hedorah. Super Festival 81 exclusive sales on June 30, 2019. Price 3,500 yen each.

Hazawa Gumi Godzilla 1989 unpainted GID. Super Festival 81 sales on June 30, 2019 with additional pre-order sales available later. Price 4,860 yen.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’m going to take a trip to Tokyo this weekend for a day or two. I intend to visit the Godzilla store there. If I find anything interesting I’ll keep you guys posted.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Medicom x NagNagNag x Marmit Burning Godzilla lottery. 1-off hand-painted by Shigeru Arai of NagNagNag. Medicom lottery sales. Price 91,800 yen. July 2019 lottery.

Passion Tank Toys Shin Godzilla. Wonder Festival exclusive. Release date July 28, 2019.

Tanaka Studios Godzilla 1984 Poster Illustration Version resin kit. Wonder Festival exclusive release date July 28, 2019. Price 37,000 yen.

Max Toy Company Shin Godzilla. Wonder Festival exclusive release date July 28, 2019.

Gigabrain July 2019 pre-orders.

Marmit Giant Burning Godzilla. Time Machine Visionary exclusive. Limited edition of 5 pieces. Price $1,200 + S&H. July 2019 release.

Marmit Burning Godzilla. Time Machine Visionary exclusive. Limited edition of 10 pieces. Price $700 + S&H. July 2019 release.

Rocom Death Jaguar X-Ray Edition by artist Quang Le. June 2019 Kaiju Con exclusive. Limited edition of 5 pieces. Price $200.

Rocom Death Jaguar. July 2019 G-Fest exclusive. Price $125.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Question about the red gigabrain 1965 Godzilla, it looks VERY similar to the memorial box one from Bandai. Possible same mold?
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Question about the red gigabrain 1965 Godzilla, it looks VERY similar to the memorial box one from Bandai. Possible same mold?
There are some differences in the head and a crease in the torso on the Bandai one:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Ah, it's VERY similar though, gotta admit to that.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

I want the Max Toy Shin!
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a genuine question - what is the actual appeal of all these figures? They're so expensive and more often than not, they look the same as chinese bootlegs with their shininess, gaudy neon colours and deformed style- at least, that's what they look like to me. Some of them, like the death jaguar and that festival exclusive shin godzilla, look amazing though. But I'm mainly talking about all the small colourful ugly ones.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a genuine question - what is the actual appeal of all these figures? They're so expensive and more often than not, they look the same as chinese bootlegs with their shininess, gaudy neon colours and deformed style- at least, that's what they look like to me. Some of them, like the death jaguar and that festival exclusive shin godzilla, look amazing though. But I'm mainly talking about all the small colourful ugly ones.
I don't collect them (I'm a Bandai vinyl guy) but figures from Marmit, Medicom, etc etc are more like art pieces, if that makes any sense. They're called designer figures. Atleast I think that's what Showcase Daikaiju calls them.

I've always wanted to get some, simply because they're so different, but I don't have the money for them. They're so expensive because they're made in limited quantities.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

The appeal for me is the interpretation by the artist. I have always liked super deformed and I feel these are a natural progression from that. The majority of these one day licenses out side of 30cm or larger are relatively inexpensive. Check out the prices in photos and the majority are around $50-60. They only get expensive when importing. If you ever take a trip to Tokyo, make sure it is around one of the festivals. I’m going to G-Fest 2020, then Tokyo in 2021.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chibi Gojira Vinyl Figures Finally unveiled:
Godzilla:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0680034/
Ghidorah:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0680035/
Mothra:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0680036/

They`re relatively cheap and cute. They`re about 4 inches tall. I gotta admit I really love the Ghidorah.

You can essentially get all three for the price of some of the bigger Bandai`s. I`ll try to get all three.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a genuine question - what is the actual appeal of all these figures? They're so expensive and more often than not, they look the same as chinese bootlegs with their shininess, gaudy neon colours and deformed style- at least, that's what they look like to me. Some of them, like the death jaguar and that festival exclusive shin godzilla, look amazing though. But I'm mainly talking about all the small colourful ugly ones.
I know I’m a bit late responding, but these designer vinyls appeal for a number of reasons. Though stylized, they often do a better job capturing the spirit or character of a monster than many more realistic sculpts. They are also generally VERY high quality. The craftsmanship, attention to detail, and the quality of the materials is almost always top notch. In hand, Bandai vinyl looks and feels like a (admittedly very fun) child’s toy, whereas something from Marmit, Gigabrain, or the like looks and feels like a piece of pop art. I think seeing them up close in person for the first time makes a big difference in how you feels about them. I know it did for me. And I like (some of) the zany colors! They add a unique flair to the shelf. I mean, what’s not to love about these:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wow those look amazing, I really need to pick up a big Ebirah like that.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Those last two photos are more of my thing, But yeah I see what you mean.