Revoltech

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Re: Revoltech

Post by GojiDude95 »

MandaSaurus wrote: Spider? What spider? You mean the Giant Water Bug?

@GojiDude95: Yah, I got the Brute( brown )Tigrex and the Fire( red )Tigrex. Passed on the reg.( yellow/blue )as I liked the other two better. They looked just like their promo shots( something that the SHMA folks could learn from )and posed well. They're a little pricey on the secondary now, but if you sniff around sites like Mandarake you could score a deal...
Thanks for the advice.
Yep revoltech sure do know how to paint.
I'ma stalk Mandrake now.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I've got the Zinogre.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

So I finally got my hands on the holy grail, I got an Anguirus. And im nervous, is the tail as fragile as I have read? I want to pose it, but not break it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

the-killer-wc wrote:So I finally got my hands on the holy grail, I got an Anguirus. And im nervous, is the tail as fragile as I have read? I want to pose it, but not break it.
Congrats its a great figure, out of ALL my toys he is one I find myself looking at the most. But in regards to the tail.....yeah its a bendy wire. Do not play around with it too much and dont try to bend it too far one way or it'll snap......Sadly, mine snapped on me, but in its defense I have it since it came out and I fiddled too much with it.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

He is here! Man he fits right in with the rest, can't believe I missed on buying him for so long. I will very careful with his tail, only side to side if i get to it. Man this is a cool looking figure, I never got the rodan because i already got fire rodan, but I might get it now, maybe they fit in well with the new neca 62.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

the-killer-wc wrote:Image

He is here! Man he fits right in with the rest, can't believe I missed on buying him for so long. I will very careful with his tail, only side to side if i get to it. Man this is a cool looking figure, I never got the rodan because i already got fire rodan, but I might get it now, maybe they fit in well with the new neca 62.
Congrats bro.....Have fun with him and enjoy it....careful with the tail.

Display him in all his spikey glory. :huge:

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Is $140 - $150 an unreasonable price for a 1995 Gyaos. I really need one (working on a short film) and that’s the cheapest I can find one for.
I don’t really like the 60s version because it looks a bit too human and it doesn’t seem as free in the movement department. Is it possible to find one for a cheaper price or is this just how it is now?

also if someone could post a photo of a 1995 Gyaos figure perched on a branch like a bird that would be awesome...
Last edited by BARAGONZILLA on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the beginning of the end.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Unknown. I paid $28+shipping back when it first came out, but I haven't kept regular track of secondary market prices. I'd shop around a bit before settling on a price that high...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:Is $140 - $150 an unreasonable price for a 1995 Gyaos. I really need one (working on a short film) and that’s the cheapest I can find one for.
I don’t really like the 60s version because it looks a bit too human and it doesn’t seem as free in the movement department. Is it possible to find one for a cheaper price or is this just how it is now?

also if someone could post a photo of a 1995 Gyaos figure perched on a branch like a bird that would be awesome...
Here you go
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... ch%20gyaos

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Less than $60 shipped. Not bad...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Less than $60 shipped. Not bad...
I am now the TK Seeker

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:^ Less than $60 shipped. Not bad...
I am now the TK Seeker

Damn, thanks man! I really appreciate it.

And while we are here, how good/trust worthy is Mandarake?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Never had any dealings with them personally( prob. cuz I rarely go secondary market... ), but I've heard nothing but good things about them. But be aware that merch goes thru their hands very quickly - if you see something you want, grab it fast, before it's gone...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:Never had any dealings with them personally( prob. cuz I rarely go secondary market... ), but I've heard nothing but good things about them. But be aware that merch goes thru their hands very quickly - if you see something you want, grab it fast, before it's gone...
What he said. Buy the damn Gyaos already :D

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Never had any dealings with them personally( prob. cuz I rarely go secondary market... ), but I've heard nothing but good things about them. But be aware that merch goes thru their hands very quickly - if you see something you want, grab it fast, before it's gone...
I'm trying man. Is there like a sign up guide or something because I'm surprisingly having a difficult time with this... :oops:
Like, it won't except my zipcode, there is something wrong with my name, I don't understand what a prefecture and municipality are, and my phone number is formatted incorrectly?
There was a how to buy guide that goes through the process but for some reason the registration page looks a lot different than what I am seeing.
Last edited by BARAGONZILLA on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
I'm trying man. Is there like a sign up guide or something because I'm surprisingly having a difficult time with this... :oops:
Like, it won't except my zipcode, there is something wrong with my name, I don't understand what a prefecture and municipality are, and my phone number is formatted incorrectly?
Didn't mean to sound hostile, I'm just excited you got a deal :D
And I apologize also for forgetting to tell you there is a sign up thing, and it took me a while to figure out exactly how to do it. I'm gonna find the guide I used and post it here.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
I think these might help you. Can't remember which one I used.
https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20287
http://soundtrackcentral.com/registerin ... ake/tp8409

Added in 33 seconds:
I think the soundtrackcentral site is what you want to look at, but I posted another just in case.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: What he said. Buy the damn Gyaos already :D
And I apologize also for forgetting to tell you there is a sign up thing, and it took me a while to figure out exactly how to do it. I'm gonna find the guide I used and post it here.

Added in 33 seconds:
I think the soundtrackcentral site is what you want to look at, but I posted another just in case.
You didn’t sound hostile at all. :D

I don’t know what the deal was. It kind of just fixed it’s self when I went back through it.

Am I able to use a visa gift card when purchasing? I don’t feel like giving them my actual bank information.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

BARAGONZILLA wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:

Added in 33 seconds:

I don’t know what the deal was. It kind of just fixed it’s self when I went back through it.

Am I able to use a visa gift card when purchasing? I don’t feel like giving them my actual bank information.
That I don't know. I'm a 16 year old with some cash in his wallet. Whenever I buy a figure my dad takes care of the credit card business and I pay him back. :oops:

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: Didn't mean to sound hostile, I'm just excited you got a deal :D

Added in 33 seconds:

That I don't know. I'm a 16 year old with some cash in his wallet. Whenever I buy a figure my dad takes care of the credit card business and I pay him back. :oops:
:lol: Lol. I don’t know I just have trust issues when it comes to using new sites.
I just hope shipping isn’t expensive and I hope I don’t have to wait a month like I would have to on eBay.

And while I am thinking about it, is Revoltech officially done making monsters?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I heard rumors of Iris but it’s never came about
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking