Upcoming Interview - Y-MSF - Submit Questions

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Upcoming Interview - Y-MSF - Submit Questions

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just a brief announcement. Hoping this can remain separate from the Y-MSF general thread, at least for the time being. While talking with him, Fumiaki has graciously agreed to an interview for the TK main page. While I have a number of questions I'm ready to ask myself, I know there's more from other collectors. So if you have anything you'd like to ask, please post it here. I'll try and go through all of the questions and get as many answers as I can. I'm setting a deadline for questions at Friday, October 15th.

Feel free to ask about any upcoming releases, the history of Y-MSF, how/why it was started, etc.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Upcoming Interview - Y-MSF - Submit Questions

Post by shadowgigan »

How does he select the poses for the figures? And does he go for suit accuracy or take liberties with the design?

Edit: I guess I would also add a question about how he chooses which suit to sculpt.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

My question: Is there a specific thought process when choosing different colors for your Hedorah molds or do you choose randomly?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

How is the paint process? Do you value screen accuracy or fitting more in line with older Bandai figures?
Does he like the current work Bandai is putting out?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

How does the process of obtaining a license work? Does Toho give generous permission to licenses? Were there any behind stories about getting a license?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just a reminder that this is still a thing. Two days left to get questions in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

How has your processed changed from the very first figure through the most recent release? Such as the licensing procedures, technology, and personal habits/techniques.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I'd be interesting in knowing more about his process in deciding what characters/prototypes to prioritize for release. For instance, some of his prototypes have remained untouched since the mid-2000's, while others like Behemoth seem to go straight from prototype to production within only a couple years.

Similar to that, I'm also interested in why certain figures get axed. I recall Biollante Rose and Rodan 1964 being slated for a 2018 release at one point, IIRC, then nothing... What happened to those guys? I'm still upset we never got those two!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

What figures have you been rejected from making? Has Toho refused to license certain characters to you?