Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Yaaaaaas!

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’ve asked for this ever since they announced the Destroy All Monsters Sets, I’m so damn happy about this. King Ceaser is the prized figure out of this set for me.
:terrestris:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Havoks wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:21 am I’ve asked for this ever since they announced the Destroy All Monsters Sets, I’m so damn happy about this. King Ceaser is the prized figure out of this set for me.
I hope we can get at least one more set from Godzilla vs Megalon. That way we can get Gigan, Megalon and Jet Jaguar and we'd have most of the major Showa players.

Still want a 3rd DAM set though.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:48 am
Havoks wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:21 am I’ve asked for this ever since they announced the Destroy All Monsters Sets, I’m so damn happy about this. King Ceaser is the prized figure out of this set for me.
I hope we can get at least one more set from Godzilla vs Megalon. That way we can get Gigan, Megalon and Jet Jaguar and we'd have most of the major Showa players.

Still want a 3rd DAM set though.
I think we're far from done with this set. I agree, a 3rd DAM set should be a must have. I'd also love to see a GRA set of all things, complete with a Osaka castle. I also can't help but wonder what they'd give a G'54 release. Maybe a tiny dive suit Serizawa? Just imagine if they did some of the non-Godzilla movies like War of the Gargantuas, FCTW and, by God... Space Amoeba finally gets some love.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm not anticipating non Godzilla stuff like Space Amoeba or Gargantuas. Just don't see it. I don't even know if the Godzilla license covers those guys.

With sets like these my thinking is they need to keep them fresh. Would a GRA set sell well enough to justify it considering both monsters in the set are versions of characters Mezco had already done?

Doing DAM sets first definitely took away the need to do a lot of other films.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

I've always hoped for a Mechagodzilla set, & now it's finally happening, I'm still hoping for a Terror of Mechagodzilla set with Titanosaurus, you can't leave him behind, & hopefully some more Showa Era sets down the line, heck I'd be down for a Gigan or Megalon set.

As for Gojira 1954, I'm honestly hoping for a Giant figure with either a Beam Effect, or a mini Oxygen Destroyer, I also have my fingers crossed for a Giant Shin Gojira figure, in the future, for me that's the only non-Showa Era figure that I'm hoping for.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

kaiju115 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:20 pm I've always hoped for a Mechagodzilla set, & now it's finally happening, I'm still hoping for a Terror of Mechagodzilla set with Titanosaurus, you can't leave him behind, & hopefully some more Showa Era sets down the line, heck I'd be down for a Gigan or Megalon set.

As for Gojira 1954, I'm honestly hoping for a Giant figure with either a Beam Effect, or a mini Oxygen Destroyer, I also have my fingers crossed for a Giant Shin Gojira figure, in the future, for me that's the only non-Showa Era figure that I'm hoping for.
A Gigan set with the Godzilla Tower... Makes my mouth water.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

kaiju115 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:20 pm I've always hoped for a Mechagodzilla set, & now it's finally happening, I'm still hoping for a Terror of Mechagodzilla set with Titanosaurus, you can't leave him behind
Well, aside from Titanosaurus, for ToM you can get away with a new head on Godzilla and new arms on MG so I bet we get it.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

A Revenge two pack woth Gabara lol.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Well, I was hoping for a Gigan set of some sort next (for a belated anniversary release like Hedorah), but this is definitely cool! Godzilla looks a bit odd, but Mechagodzilla and King Caesar already look great.
Here's to hoping a Megalon or Terror set will follow, since the Godzilla design can be reused and revised.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think what Mezco needs to stop doing is molding the teeth as separate pieces and gluing them into the mouth. It's just not working and it's making all of their Godzillas looks really weird.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Yeah the Godzilla teeth is a little wonky. But the King Ceaser and Mechagodzilla look absolutely solid. I want Titanosaurus so bad now.
:terrestris:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I really like how that set looks, especially Mechagodzilla and King Caesar. The beam effects look so nice!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

I’m hoping there are some other beam effects as well.

Give me the force field!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

InfiniteHollywood wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:45 pm I’m hoping there are some other beam effects as well.

Give me the force field!
Yeah, i wouldn't count on that one. BUT look at MG's chest plate. It looks like it either opens up or comes off or something.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

That Mechagodzilla set looks great! Despite some slightly wonky paint apps on DAM Round 1, I'm very pleased with these 5 Points XL figures.

How I'd like to see these sets to round out the Showa era kaiju:
-Destroy All Monsters Round 3 - Kumonga, Varan, Manda
-A one-off single release of Godzilla '54, maybe with a figure of Dr. Serizawa?
-Godzilla Raids Again - Godzilla (GyakushuGoji), Anguirus (ShodaiAngira)
-Mothra vs Godzilla - Godzilla (MosuGoji), 2 Mothra Larvas
-Ebirah, Horror of the Deep - Godzilla (DaisensoGoji), Ebirah, Giant Condor, Mothra (repaint to look like 1966 version)
-All Monsters Attack - Godzilla (MusukoGoji), Minilla, Gabara, Kamacuras (if Kumonga comes in a DAM Round 3, then I see no need for a Son of Godzilla set, since those unique kaiju also appear in All Monsters Attack, so I put them in with Gabara)
-Godzilla vs Megalon - Godzilla (MegaroGoji), Jet Jaguar, Gigan, Megalon
-Terror of Mechagodzilla - Godzilla (MekaGyakushuGoji), Mechagodzilla 2 (GyakushuMekagoji), Titanosaurus
-Possibly a 2nd Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla set - Fake Godzilla (with exposed arm), Anguirus (missing tusks)
And obviously if the rights could be worked out - King Kong vs. Godzilla - Godzilla (KingGoji), King Kong, Giant Octopus

I think it would also be cool if Mezco released some more human figures like they're doing with the Shobijin. Maybe some aliens like the Xiliens (Controller, Officer & Miss Namikawa), Kilaak (Queen & 2 others), and Simians (Kuronuma, helmeted officer & officer in ape-form) with some little flying saucers to add to the kaiju sets.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Regarding the 5 points DAM sets - I own a lot of Godzilla beam effects, from Bandai/SHMA, Playmates, NECA, and a number of custom beams. But I think the beam that comes with the DAM Godzilla is the best-looking one I own. It actually looks like Godzilla's breath in the film.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

That’s cool. I love having beam effects, but I agree many of them done look great. My favorites are flame breath from the Neca Poster G’54, the SHMA spitfire G14, and the revoltech Showa Gamera flame breath. Each of those meets the same requirement of actually looking like the respective effect they’re meant to emulate.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Did anyone get the blue SDCC Godzilla? I expected them to be flooded on Ebay but literally ONE has appeared since SDCC at a ridiculous price.

How many did they give out? Did they sell them?

All very confusing and typical Mezco con nonsense. Consense, if you will.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

What's the chances of the Mothra and twins being restocked? Missed out on that, when were these even announced?