Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Havoks
Interpol Agent

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by Havoks »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:48 pm For the most part the Mezcos look really good, especially considering the size.

And is that the Super7 G91? Because if it is....yikes.
Nope that is the Neca 89 actually.
:terrestris:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:55 pm Gorosaurus is definitely the weakest of the set, but even then he looks pretty good. The teeth are a bit much for sure. Ghidorah looks amazing.
Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:48 pm And is that the Super7 G91? Because if it is....yikes.
Uh....what?
Oh wait, is that the NECA? I wouldn't know since I've never bought any of them.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:48 pm For the most part the Mezcos look really good, especially considering the size.

And is that the Super7 G91? Because if it is....yikes.
That's the NECA '89...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:00 pm Oh wait, is that the NECA? I wouldn't know since I've never bought any of them.
The Super7 literally just got announced lmao how would someone have it in hand already?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Yeah, its the NECA Godzilla 89. Probably NECA's ugliest figure. Super7 isnt doing a 91 as far as we can tell and if they were it certainly hasnt released yet lol.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah I brain farted there. Sorry about that.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Does anyone have info from Mezco about why Set 1 was not released simultaneously with Set 2? Just Curious :eh:

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

rob559 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:42 am Does anyone have info from Mezco about why Set 1 was not released simultaneously with Set 2? Just Curious :eh:
Probably production delays. It says next month is a estimated shipping date so figures crossed it’ll be here by then.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Havoks wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:05 am
rob559 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:42 am Does anyone have info from Mezco about why Set 1 was not released simultaneously with Set 2? Just Curious :eh:
Probably production delays. It says next month is a estimated shipping date so figures crossed it’ll be here by then.
Thanks, Lets hope it's soon :angel:
Rob

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Gorosaurus's face is wonky but overall it looks like it's better than the Playmates AND the Bandai. The other three are looking great as well.
Bring it on, Mezco!!

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I just wanna say, I love these guys. When I was a kid, my favorite Godzilla toys, and the only toys I collected, were Gashapons and these figures evokes those very same emotions. There’s some minor issues in some sculpt choices and paint application but all and all, Mezco nails it. The figures have a hefty feel as well. King Ghidorah is absolute perfection. Just be careful putting the wings together, the peg holes were pretty tight and the wings are one hard solid piece! All in all, I love these guys.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Are Ghidorah’s wings poseable or are they stuck in that very upright position?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What does Ghidorah look like from the side?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:03 pm Are Ghidorah’s wings poseable or are they stuck in that very upright position?
Wings are static, the only things that are poseable are the necks and legs.
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:24 pm What does Ghidorah look like from the side?
It looks pretty good! Comes off fairly screen accurate.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Man, they really stuck Manda right on the front of the box despite not even including him in the sets.

I'm almost certainly going to be getting these anyways, but I haven't committed just yet due to the lack of those last few kaiju from the movie. I'd like to think this is a sign of a third set, but I'm not holding my breath.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:29 pm Man, they really stuck Manda right on the front of the box despite not even including him in the sets.

That because that art is taken directly from the Japanese poster for the film (the Champion Festival release- note that Ghidorah is from "Godzilla vs Gigan").
Last edited by Legion1979 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

For anyone who ordered through BBTS...they just processed my order for set 2.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Exciting! I'm waiting for word from Awesome Collector. I wonder if they're waiting for both sets to ship together.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Just got my Round 2.

Incredibly charming figures. I can't stop fiddling with all of them, especially Ghidorah. WAY more impressive then the promo pics made him see.

RIP Evan.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah a lot of photos make these figures look off. They're actually amazing little toys that would fit in perfectly on a shelf of Japanese figures. The X-Plus influence in the designs is really apparent. Baragon in particular looks like a mini X-Plus figure. Pictures don't do these justice, although there's no hiding the fact that Gorosaurus - which does have an extremely strong body sculpt - suffers from wonky assembly/sculpting around the teeth.

But Ghidorah was the one that could have went horribly wrong and I'm so glad it turned out beautifully. The body proportioning is perfect, the necks are perfect, and heads are perfect, the paint is incredible...this might be one of the most screen accurate Showa Ghidorahs I've ever seen outside a $400+ X-Plus. My only problem is the wings, which are well detailed and bigger than the official photos make them look, but are very vertical and not at all like the ones on the DAM suit. Guarantee they were using the X-Plus 1968 figure as a model, and that had the same issue with the wings. But be careful with this guy. The wings are solid, brittle plastic and it looks like a lot of the figure is too. So don't drop this guy.

In hand, it's amazing how people complained about the price. Four figures, all but one with extra parts with the centerpiece being a truly fantastic King Ghidorah. All This for 80? Fuck yes.

Hopefully "round 1" comes out soon.