What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2021 edition

Post by goji89 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:57 am For those who’ve mentioned it, the SHMA Gamera 99 is a really fun figure. Don’t let the lower teeth dissuade you. For one, I’ve yet to see a single copy that DOESNT have that white brick of paint on them. And, more importantly, it doesn’t look as bad in person because the head and mouth are rather small. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, it’s really really easy to repaint if you get a decent quality really tiny paint brush (I got one at hobby lobby for about $2).

With about 5 minutes of work mine went from this:

To this:

:lol:

Your post comes off like an infomercial one would see late at night. Like you're trying to sell me something and I don't know what. The figure or the tiny paint brush from Hobby Lobby.
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Mine are the instruction manuals (just for the stories on the front) and box front pictures for the Aurora 1970s glow-in-the-dark Godzilla and King Kong vinyl model kits and an uncolored copy of the coloring book Monster Gallery.

Two more that are non-Godzilla related are the instruction manuals (again, just for the stories on the front) and box front pictures for the Aurora 1970s glow-in-the-dark Mummy and Creature vinyl model kits.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

goji89 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:10 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:57 am For those who’ve mentioned it, the SHMA Gamera 99 is a really fun figure. Don’t let the lower teeth dissuade you. For one, I’ve yet to see a single copy that DOESNT have that white brick of paint on them. And, more importantly, it doesn’t look as bad in person because the head and mouth are rather small. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, it’s really really easy to repaint if you get a decent quality really tiny paint brush (I got one at hobby lobby for about $2).

With about 5 minutes of work mine went from this:

To this:

:lol:

Your post comes off like an infomercial one would see late at night. Like you're trying to sell me something and I don't know what. The figure or the tiny paint brush from Hobby Lobby.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Current grail pieces that I own
Grail piece on its way
Grail piece want to get
Unless X-Plus surprise me this year with the GvK line.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

My NECA Godzilla 1964 figure. I'm really proud of owning one.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1995
Kaibutsuya 30cm Godzilla 1989
T's Facto Nirasawa Godzilla 2004
GowRow 50cm Godzilla 1999
GowRow 50cm Godzilla 1989
Spiral Studios Ghidorah
GowRow Grand King Ghidorah

Edit: MM28 Godzilla 1984
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

MMS Showa Anguirus. I used to see it at Newbury Comics back in the mid 2000s all the time. Nowadays, it almost never shows up online.
Friends don't lie.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

John Pannozzi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:26 am MMS Showa Anguirus. I used to see it at Newbury Comics back in the mid 2000s all the time. Nowadays, it almost never shows up online.
I have Showa Anguirus, and got it when I was four. Unfortunately being a kid at the time, I dropped it and two of Angurius’s crest horns snapped off. :(

Definitely deserving of a re-release!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:38 pm
John Pannozzi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:26 am MMS Showa Anguirus. I used to see it at Newbury Comics back in the mid 2000s all the time. Nowadays, it almost never shows up online.
I have Showa Anguirus, and got it when I was four. Unfortunately being a kid at the time, I dropped it and two of Angurius’s crest horns snapped off. :(

Why? Because of your butterfingers.....I bet you had actuall butterfingers that day you dropped it huh....

You don't deserve a re-release.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Why? Because of your butterfingers.....I bet you had actuall butterfingers that day you dropped it huh....

You don't deserve a re-release.
I was 5 :cry:

But yeah, the same goes for my original Heisei Ghidorah, and Destroyah. I still have them in my collection, but damn it's painful.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Might as well add this Tanaka Museum Irys to my list.

Simply incredible.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Irys feels so out of place in the Gamera trilogy for me, I think it's overrated to high Hell. It feels like a design that would best be used in that Ultraman ripoff series.... Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad?
With that said......

That piece does look Dope as fook.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

The standard Banpresto Shin Godzilla. It's the best representation of the design IMO, but it's just too pricey nowadays. Wish they would reissue it.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

X-plus Gigantic Godzilla 2016 (Atomic Breath Ver.)
X-plus Gigantic Godzilla 1995
X-plus Ghidorah 2001 & 1964 Ric-Boy

I see Youtubers with dozens of X-plus and I wonder what they do for a living that would enable them to have a room with a tuitions worth of them.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Andagi1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:47 pm X-plus Gigantic Godzilla 2016 (Atomic Breath Ver.)
X-plus Gigantic Godzilla 1995
X-plus Ghidorah 2001 & 1964 Ric-Boy

I see Youtubers with dozens of X-plus and I wonder what they do for a living that would enable them to have a room with a tuitions worth of them.
Youtube money? Mom and Dad? A good job? Hooking? Selling that booger sugar? I mean ...... there are plenty of ways. Also you can right now ...... Biden sent you X Plus money

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 pm The standard Banpresto Shin Godzilla. It's the best representation of the design IMO, but it's just too pricey nowadays. Wish they would reissue it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shin-Godzilla- ... SwGzNdsUNB

Sssooo I found one for $200 shipped - seemed too good to be true, but the seller looks legit with a 95% rating. It won't arrive until May, fingers crossed.

Once I get this, I'll have a nice Shin Godzilla collection: the Banpresto, the SHMA Frozen version I just recieved, plus the standard NECA and a Heat Ray Marmit that are in transit. After that, I'm done collecting toys, and will go back to my modus operandi of observing/admiring figures from afar. :)

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

SHMA Kiryu
SHMA Shin Godzilla
SHMA Godzilla (2019)
SHMA King Ghidorah (2019)

I’m planning on building up my SHMA collection soon and these are the ones i really want
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 am https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shin-Godzilla- ... SwGzNdsUNB

Sssooo I found one for $200 shipped - seemed too good to be true, but the seller looks legit with a 95% rating. It won't arrive until May, fingers crossed.
In my experience, "seller looks legit with a 95% rating" sets off warning bells all over the place. I hope it works out for you, but take this advice anyway:

Once you buy that puppy, mark three dates on your calendar: 30, 45, and 59 days after the date of purchase, ESPECIALLY that 59 day one.

- at 30 days, confirm that the seller has shipped your item, has provided a tracking number, and that your package is showing progress. Contact the seller via eBay if this is not the case.

- at 45 days, confirm it again. Verify that your package is showing MORE progress than it did at 30 days. Contact the seller via eBay if this is not the case.

- at 59 days, confirm that your package has arrived in and been accepted by the USPS here in the USA. IF NOT, file a claim with eBay immediately. DO NOT LET THE DAY PASS WITHOUT FILING THE CLAIM. I believe that you lose the opportunity to file a claim and to leave negative feedback, once 60+ days passes after the date of purchase. The emails you sent the seller at 30 and 45 days will be proof for your claim. I have a purchase that I made from a Chinese seller back in September that still hasn't arrived, and they claim to have shipped out a replacement for it back in November. I missed my window for a refund, and eBay will not allow me to open a case now.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Dude, thanks! I will definitely take those steps.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:59 pm Irys feels so out of place in the Gamera trilogy for me, I think it's overrated to high Hell. It feels like a design that would best be used in that Ultraman ripoff series.... Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad?
Tsuburaya Productions' own Gridman is "that Ultraman ripoff series"? We can't be friends any more.