Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Platypus Prime »

Well, they made some oversized Ultimates before, and I'd expect some like Ghidorah, some others with big wings like Rodan, or just a lot of bulk and complexity like Destroyah would all be candidates. I only have their Baxter Stockman but he 's great. I hope the joints won't have traUMA fragility issues in the big ones.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I am quite impressed with their new Power Rangers and Tyrannosaurus Zord. Godzilla and his fellow kaiju are different characters, but going by that, their Godzilla stuff are in good hands.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

With the deep cuts into Power Rangers, some super, super deep...I have high expectations for the Godzilla line.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Godzilla Vs. Space Godzilla is on Comet, and I just realized that Super 7 could use their track record of unusual glow-in-the-dark Ultimates to give us a Space Godzilla with glowing crystals. That would me an awesome item, especially if they did it in the larger size.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

https://super7.com/blogs/news/the-super ... 6cd4c56a24
AVAILABLE THURSDAY, JULY 22 at 10am PT

Godzilla ReAction Figure Wave 1 - Shogun Godzilla

This green 3.75” Super7 Spectacular Kinda Sorta Still at Home-ic-Con Godzilla ReAction figure is modeled after the classic Shogun toy and features a spring-loaded retractable flame tongue! In special throwback packaging, it’s just like the Shogun Godzilla you remember, only much smaller! Adding this Shogun Godzilla ReAction figure is a far more manageable way to incorporate The King of Monsters into your Kaiju collection! ($25)
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

It amuses me that this thread got to 8 pages before any reveals.
Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 am Image

This green 3.75” Super7 Spectacular Kinda Sorta Still at Home-ic-Con Godzilla ReAction figure is modeled after the classic Shogun toy and features a spring-loaded retractable flame tongue! In special throwback packaging, it’s just like the Shogun Godzilla you remember, only much smaller! Adding this Shogun Godzilla ReAction figure is a far more manageable way to incorporate The King of Monsters into your Kaiju collection! ($25)
I knew they were going to do the Shogun Godzilla, it was an obvious choice for a company that specializes in retro-style figures. And I love it! I actually have the real thing (partially broken, but still), so this is a must despite the unfortunately ridiculous price. Truth be told, I always wanted a small version of the Shogun Godzilla. I think there was a 12" one from Japan a couple years back...

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

This is cool and a great start to the line, honoring the first American Godzilla toy, but I have no interest in owning it myself.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Man it would be crazy if they did Shogun Warrior style figures for like Baragon, Jet Jaguar, etc.
I might actually have to cop this guy. Just popped my Super7/ReAction cherry with Ol Dirty Bastard.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

A logical first move, but not one I care to own. Hope to see what else is in store.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 am https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2726/ ... 1625258568

I may have to buy one!

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I'm interested but not
$25 for a three inch figure interested.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 am Image

Eh...not the most exciting reveal to start off with. Never did like the look of that one.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This is already a fantastic reveal that shows how much love Super7 has for the series.

Can't wait to see more

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I'll get one for sure. Already got the original, but I'll support it. Really hoping for a Trendmasters line...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The guy who is in charge of Super7 said in an interview he created the orginal Shogun Godzilla and if he wanted to remake it now and do it right it would be around $250. Nice to see figure zero is a remake of that figure.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

$25 huh?

Kind of makes those 4" four-figure box sets from Mezco with swappable parts and effects parts for $70-$80 not look so bad, huh?

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

I don't dig that at all.
Never heard of that Shogun figure, anyway.
And without the nostalgia value (which i can totally get), it's just an ugly pricy little greeny poop with a tongue ;)

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:28 am I don't dig that at all.
Never heard of that Shogun figure, anyway.
And without the nostalgia value (which i can totally get), it's just an ugly pricy little greeny poop with a tongue ;)
Surprised you never heard of it. It's one of the more infamous pieces of memorabilia out there, albeit an old one.

This will certainly appeal to some people but $25 for a miniature repro is a bit steep for me. Makes me curious if they'll attempt small reproductions of other "big figures" like the large Imperial figure, the Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla, etc. Could make for an interesting series.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I thought the more 'accurate' Toynami version was pretty cool...