Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Platypus Prime »

I went for Rose Biollante within minutes of finding out it existed, as it was exactly what I wanted, something 'non-standard' that I had not seen before in any form that would fit with my existing setup. At this point in life I think I'm better off adding to or enhancing my arrangement than starting a new one. I look forwards to seeing what comes next.

JetJaguarPaunch
Samurai

Post by JetJaguarPaunch »

One thing that I think is being forgotten here is that the Godzilla line in and of itself has been priced UP to 85 dollars based on the first *four* sculpts they came up with, not just Rose and BioGoji.

We still don't know what the other two kaiju were, but if Destroyah wasn't it, they're definitely 100% on Super7's mind. Destroyah will be 85 dollars. While wider and taller, it's mass probably equals out to Godzilla without the nearly two foot long tail included. Destroyah's tail is relatively short comparably.

You'd need a kaiju that really breaks the form factor to see a proper price increase, I think. Something like Kaiser Ghidorah or Death Ghidorah.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

JetJaguarPaunch wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 am One thing that I think is being forgotten here is that the Godzilla line in and of itself has been priced UP to 85 dollars based on the first *four* sculpts they came up with, not just Rose and BioGoji.

We still don't know what the other two kaiju were, but if Destroyah wasn't it, they're definitely 100% on Super7's mind. Destroyah will be 85 dollars. While wider and taller, it's mass probably equals out to Godzilla without the nearly two foot long tail included. Destroyah's tail is relatively short comparably.

You'd need a kaiju that really breaks the form factor to see a proper price increase, I think. Something like Kaiser Ghidorah or Death Ghidorah.
Brian said they were still playing with the scale of Destoroyah to determine the price point that they think will work. If you do some loose calculations under the assumption that their Burning Godzilla will be about the size of BioGoji (which Brian outright told us is the starting point), and that Burning G will scale properly with Destoroyah, we are talking about a figure that has AT LEAST 50% more plastic volume than their $85 BioGoji.

I believe that he will land in the $150-$200 range, depending on accessories. Some have said $120, and while I think that is in the realm of possibility, there is no chance he will be $85.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Personally I’m really hoping one of the other two ready-to-go monsters is Ghidorah. But I suspect one is Mechagodzilla 2.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

JetJaguarPaunch
Samurai

Post by JetJaguarPaunch »

Ghidorah is going to be the one that determines how the pricing on the line goes. Not as dense as Destroyah, but easily the tallest figure in the line and certainly one of the most complicated engineering wise.

If Bryan balked at selling a set of four figures at 85 dollars each, Destroyah cannot cost 150 unless its coming out alone.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm Personally I’m really hoping one of the other two ready-to-go monsters is Ghidorah. But I suspect one is Mechagodzilla 2.
I’d love a MG2 Ultimate personally, if they did him, they’d probably pair him up with Rodan.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

JetJaguarPaunch wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:12 pmIf Bryan balked at selling a set of four figures at 85 dollars each, Destroyah cannot cost 150 unless its coming out alone.
It's not that he balked, they were fully prepared to solicit a full wave at $85 a piece before he panicked and pulled the plug on it. They're not opposed to doing larger waves, as evidenced by the latest MMPR Wave 3 priced at $330 for the set. It's just they don't want every wave to be that expensive. A potential $210 - $290 set of two massive Godzilla figures seems very plausible.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Fermix wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:45 am
JetJaguarPaunch wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:12 pmIf Bryan balked at selling a set of four figures at 85 dollars each, Destroyah cannot cost 150 unless its coming out alone.
It's not that he balked, they were fully prepared to solicit a full wave at $85 a piece before he panicked and pulled the plug on it. They're not opposed to doing larger waves, as evidenced by the latest MMPR Wave 3 priced at $330 for the set. It's just they don't want every wave to be that expensive. A potential $210 - $290 set of two massive Godzilla figures seems very plausible.
Power rangers is much more popular than Godzilla especially mmpr.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah, can people just STOP comparing Godzilla to massively popular franchises with extremely large, nostalgic, rabid fanbases?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:05 am
That literally doesn't matter in the context that I'm discussing. Brian said he feels uncomfortable repeatedly asking fanbases to shell out $350 every time he releases a wave. Doesn't matter if it's MMPR, doesn't matter if it's TMNT, doesn't matter if it's Godzilla.

All I'm saying is that an occasional expensive wave is something we might see, especially for the larger Kaiju, and we shouldn't expect the waves to be held to two $85 figures.
Legion1979 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 am Yeah, can people just STOP comparing Godzilla to massively popular franchises with extremely large, nostalgic, rabid fanbases?
See above.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

KingCornetto wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:13 pm
Poe Ghostal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm Personally I’m really hoping one of the other two ready-to-go monsters is Ghidorah. But I suspect one is Mechagodzilla 2.
I’d love a MG2 Ultimate personally, if they did him, they’d probably pair him up with Rodan.
Yeah, that would make sense. Ghidorah is going to be a huge mf, he'll need a special release.

I suspect you're right, it's Rodan and MG2 (or possibly Mothra and Battra).
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:37 am
KingCornetto wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:13 pm
Yeah, that would make sense. Ghidorah is going to be a huge mf, he'll need a special release.

I suspect you're right, it's Rodan and MG2 (or possibly Mothra and Battra).
MG and Rodan would make sense since they're two of the Big 4. I do wonder if MG will come with Garuda though.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 am MG and Rodan would make sense since they're two of the Big 4. I do wonder if MG will come with Garuda though.
I mentioned a page back or so that I think Kyle let it slip that MG2 was being sculpted. When asked how the T Rex Zord was only $55 he said something to the effect of "He's not bulky like Mechagodzilla with the backpack."

At the very least I see him coming with a non-transforming Garuda backpack.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 am Yeah, can people just STOP comparing Godzilla to massively popular franchises with extremely large, nostalgic, rabid fanbases?
Maybe if you stopped downplaying Godzilla's popularity and potential, especially since the franchise (MMPR) it's currently being compared to has had one reboot movie attempt end up with box office numbers less than half of KOTM's box office numbers.

As far as Garuda goes, I could see it being a separate release.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

darthzilla99 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:24 am
Maybe if you stopped downplaying Godzilla's popularity and potential, especially since the franchise (MMPR) it's currently being compared to has had one reboot movie attempt end up with box office numbers less than half of KOTM's box office numbers.

As far as Garuda goes, I could see it being a separate release.
The power rangers movie vs kotm doesn't change that fact that 93 MMPR own Godzilla out of the water popularity wise.

I love both franchises and the mmpr dedication is much higher then what we as Godzilla fans have. You see how we complain the same Godzilla suits keep getting made as figures and we want something different.

The mmpr base buys the same figure over and over again and everytime a toy company gets power rangers they start with mmpr over and over again.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Fermix wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:20 am

That literally doesn't matter in the context that I'm discussing. Brian said he feels uncomfortable repeatedly asking fanbases to shell out $350 every time he releases a wave. Doesn't matter if it's MMPR, doesn't matter if it's TMNT, doesn't matter if it's Godzilla.

All I'm saying is that an occasional expensive wave is something we might see, especially for the larger Kaiju, and we shouldn't expect the waves to be held to two $85 figures.
See above.
One person said Destroyah would be 85. I'm saying Destroyah isn't going to be $200.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:35 am
Fermix wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:20 am

See above.
One person said Destroyah would be 85. I'm saying Destroyah isn't going to be $200.
At this point you and I are having two different conversations, so we can just end it there.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Entertainment Earth has the ReAction Wave 1 up for pre-order here! (no images yet)

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Fermix wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:42 pm Entertainment Earth has the ReAction Wave 1 up for pre-order here! (no images yet)
If that’s the case then an announcement should be coming soon.
:terrestris:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

BBTS has the ReAction wave 1 up for pre-order with a Q4 ETA here

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Preordered Godzilla 1957 for the historical aspect surrounding the suit, but not too interested in the others. Might add some here and there depending on the monsters they do though.