Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
G-Grasper

Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Moth »

https://godzilla.com/news/super7-joins- ... -and-more/

So, guess we got our NECA replacement! 7" figure line of super posable figures. And "ReAction" figures in the style of 3" scale figures from the 80s. Dropping 2022.

Super7 loves things like the 60s-80s era. Would bet on Showa stuff.
Last edited by Moth on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by _JNavs_ »

Super7’s super articulated ULTIMATES! 7” figures are the premiere fan product. They are made-to-order figures that come with a huge assortment of extra features
Consider me very intrigued...

Added in 30 seconds:
Made to order means online only right?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

VERY excited for the Ultimates line. Curious how they'll go about it; Godzilla designs primarily or Godzilla and other kaiju. Either way, those who are upset at NECA's absence with the license should definitely keep their eyes open here.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 am VERY excited for the Ultimates line. Curious how they'll go about it; Godzilla designs primarily or Godzilla and other kaiju. Either way, those who are upset at NECA's absence with the license should definitely keep their eyes open here.
Strategically it might be good to target Godzilla incarnations that NECA has not done and classic versions of other kaiju as well, at least to start. I could see Wave 1 being something like '74 Godzilla, Anguirus, and Mothra. Super7 seems to be all in on their TMNT Ultimates, so this could be our best shot at getting an articulated Titanosaurus or Gigan. A man can dream, right?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Super7's staff are also very big fans of the series too, considering the company started as a magazine focused on Godzilla toys. They'll know more than NECA in regards to what fans want and what's viable.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 am Super7's staff are also very big fans of the series too, considering the company started as a magazine focused on Godzilla toys. They'll know more than NECA in regards to what fans want and what's viable.
Woah! I didn't know that!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yep! Although "Godzilla toys" was a bit of a misnomer, it was focused on general Tokusatsu toys and sofubi:

https://super7.com/blogs/super7-magazine

One of their first toy offerings was an exclusive Baremodel Godzilla figure.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

If the Ultimates line gets deep into the Showa kaiju roster, this could be a dream come true.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Godzilla 1955 please... All I've ever wanted...
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Nathus214 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:42 am Godzilla 1955 please... All I've ever wanted...
Just watched that film in its entirety about 3 days ago, I liked it. Godzilla was a lot creepier than his uh, dead sibling. I think it was something in his jerky motions and giant eyes.

But yeah even though I have the MMB set, I'd love an updated modern articulated figure.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I'm very curious to see how Super7 would do these. A lot of their Ultimates have a strong Masters of the Universe Classics aesthetic (like movie Conan and the Ninja Turtles), although there have been exceptions like Voltron and Ren & Stimpy, and the upcoming Disney stuff. But those all still have something of a cartoonish, comic-book look.

But to approach the detail of NECA (to say nothing of SHMA), they'd have to change their style a bit.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Hmm, I'll get excited when I actually see the figures, hopefully something other than Godzilla.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I'm very happy with this. I have Super7's Ultimate Toxic Avenger figure and that is amazing.

So expect these figures to come with a ton of extra bits like alternate heads and hands, beams, tanks and buildings.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow! Very exciting news!

For those of you unfamiliar:

Reaction Figure example:

Ultimates Figure example:

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Both their MOTU and TMNT Ultimates lines are heavily based on the original 80s figures. It would be cool if they did a Godzilla in the style of the Shogun Warriors figure.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Super 7 X Godzilla

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Looks like we got our NECA replacement line.

https://godzilla.com/news/super7-joins- ... -and-more/

REALLY hope this means they got more than just Godzilla for releases.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Wow! Great news.

I actually wouldn't mind if the high-end Ultimates line was a smidge stylized. Would differentiate them from NECA and SHMA.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

After learning about their love and devotion to Tokusatsu, I'd say the Western Godzilla collectible side of things has a pretty bright future. I don't have any Super7 figures besides an Alien ReAction figure, so is there Ultimate stuff heavy and substantial like the NECA figures? I love how solid those figures were.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

^^^
My heart says, “YAY!!” but my wallet says, “Ouch!”

I’m gonna go with my heart on this one...!
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.