Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by KingKaiju »

I saw that listing on AC too. Hopefully it's more than that, but if not... It's okay. PAAATIENCE! Plus, I missed the initial Shogun Godzilla release. I'll take a full color figure, with slightly darker color. I didn't care for the GID figure.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Is this the company that has full reigns on the figure license? I'm going to need to see something a little bit more substantial than that, if I'm to bite.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Hope something can be shown off soon, the wait is killing me. Especially after all the Bandai / Monsterarts reveals.
:terrestris:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

If it's another Shogun Godzilla color, I'll start missing NECA.

Added in 54 minutes 13 seconds:
HERE IT IS GUYS!

THE BIG REVEAL!!!

https://super7.com/collections/godzilla-day-2021

...I miss NECA
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

When they said they were doing every monster, I didn't think they meant as glassware.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I dont think Ill ever MISS NECA's terribly inaccurate and goofy looking sculpts, but Ill admit Super7 is starting to peeve me off a bit.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Moth wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:54 am If it's another Shogun Godzilla color, I'll start missing NECA.

Added in 54 minutes 13 seconds:
HERE IT IS GUYS!

THE BIG REVEAL!!!

https://super7.com/collections/godzilla-day-2021

...I miss NECA
I mean, I hope this just means they're spending extra time getting the Ultimates right. But yes, this is very disappointing. Not even a teaser? The names of the first wave of figures?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Cool. Will be interesting to see how these compare to the Mezco offerings since they’re both “vintage style” 3.75” lines.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

It’s clear that these will probably be much more toy like compared to Mezcos, which are more collector / diorama type pieces. They look good from the silhouettes and when you zoom up close on them. Seems like 64 Mothra and Rodan and 54 Godzilla. Not a bad start to the Reactions.

Added in 43 seconds:
Also I’m totally using that egg for a Mezco Mothra Vs Godzilla piece.
:terrestris:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Very curious color choices. I woulda thought they'd use blue for Godzilla, red for Rodan, and... I dunno, maybe yellow for Mothra?

Also, is it ust me or does 54's feet look off? It looks like he's wearing those broom shoes that absolutely no one uses but get made anyway.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm excited for these, Super 7 produced great products and this could be a good way to have a full franchise representation without spending a lot or taking up too much space.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:51 amAlso, is it ust me or does 54's feet look off? It looks like he's wearing those broom shoes that absolutely no one uses but get made anyway.
The ReAction product line is meant to be a "what if Kenner made other figures back in the 70s and 80s like Star Wars" product, they're not striving for NECA or Bandai level accuracy necessarily, tails will be shortened, wings smaller, etc., depending on needs of fitting into the packaging and style.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Well…I was kind of wrong lol we got glassware and shirts to with our new Shogun variant

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I am beyond hyped for these! I love small-scale figures, especially these Kenner style ones. I'm a little disappointed mini-Shogun is being reissued, though, if only because it will make the original version much less sought after. Still glad I got it, though, I really dig the little box.

I'm pretty psyched they're going with Sowa era designs. I hope this means we could see more obscure vintage characters like Gigan or Ebirah sooner or later.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ah, and all is right with the world. I love the super7 ghost bc figs I have, and I really wanted them to do something equally as awesome as that for Godzilla. I was close to giving up hope, but thankfully I was wrong for doubting them evidently. Most likely going to buy them, since they will probably be readily available at Hot Topic or FYE.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I bought the Shlgun Godzilla since I missed the first. Definitely looks like they’re playing it safe out of the gate, but I’m waiting to see what else they throw at us.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

The glasses are super cool, though. I was really hoping for a Gigan Ultimate, but alas.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Im not sure if this has been talked about but in a Fwoosh youtube interview the head dude at super7 did confirm there will be a Godzilla ULTIMATES line. So do not start missing neca yet!
He said the 1st wave of line will be revealed end of this year or beginning next year. So be patient guys, the wait is killing me too!!

Judging by how they are nailing the power rangers line, i have high hopes! Super 7 started out as a sofubi magazine, so the love for showa is real. I really can not wait!!
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Still waiting for Ultimates, but I'd love these others. Anyone know how they scale with gashapon?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:55 pm Im not sure if this has been talked about but in a Fwoosh youtube interview the head dude at super7 did confirm there will be a Godzilla ULTIMATES line. So do not start missing neca yet!
He said the 1st wave of line will be revealed end of this year or beginning next year. So be patient guys, the wait is killing me too!!

Judging by how they are nailing the power rangers line, i have high hopes! Super 7 started out as a sofubi magazine, so the love for showa is real. I really can not wait!!
Wow, that's super exciting! I just hope they don't re-tread NECA and SHMA's history too much. Unless they really go all-out with the sculpts and accessories, I could do without more of the usual Heiseis, or G'54s. Luckily, I've seen Super7 is pretty creative with their other lines, so here's hoping.