3rd Party Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: 3rd Party Figures

Post by G1985 »

For those who missed out before, the maker of that SHMA-scaled USS Argo is doing another production run. The jet has a 12cm wingspan, and will cost you $50 USD + $20 shipping. Stand not included.

https://www.facebook.com/Carla.Custom/p ... 1043499514

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

Post by DoctorWarpdrive »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4862145 ... 999336279/

PSA: If you're planning on getting a 9modelism Jungle Lord or Jungle Lord EX version, place your order by the end of September. He's no longer going to sell the figures after the end of the month, and does not plan to make the figure available again.
9Modelism wrote:I'll also stop selling Lord of the jungle in the end of this month.
This figure will not be available later since I didn't want to deal with revoltech joint anymore, it's just too much work for what it's worth.
Here's the rest of his post I linked, it's just saying he's starting to ship out figures but is having to use a different service which is slightly more expensive, so he's doing small batches of shipping in hopes that the other service will reopen soon.
9modelsim wrote:Hi, I have some good news :D
Jungle lord is able to ship right now for USA, the thing is the service I normally used is not available for me so I've to the other service which is $5 more. Which I already send about 20 box this week.

Which mean I've lose out for $100.
The only reason I'm shipping is that I don't really know when this pandemic will stop so I want to ship while I still can, and that if I didn't ship my order I can't sell my new work since it's not appropriate to open a new pre-order when some of you have waited for the whole year.

But I'll ship in small batch,since I don't want to lose out too much. to pay for $5 might sound so little, but I've 200 order to ship, so basically $1000.

That's why I'll shipping in small batch in hope that the other shipping service will be available soon so I'll not lose out too much. Once that service is back I'll ship all the order at once.

For those that didn't live in USA it'll be case by case, If what I have to pay for you is more than $5 then your order will be on hold a bit til the cheaper service is back. Or you can pay a bit more so it can be ship,but since you already wait for so long wait a bit might be a better option since it's cheaper that way.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

I'm glad he seems to have gotten this figured out finally, though losing out on all that money due to the extra shipping sounds rough. I hope this whole mess won't hurt the sales of his next figures too badly, guy could use a break.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I was told the figures I make if I were to sell them since they are licensed characters is "illegal and a scam since they look like shit and are an abomination" lol. They're my sculpts and I won't call them by their trademarked names. 3rd party transformers and jungle lord did it.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

My Muto kit from Photon is scheduled to arrive today. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. Still have yet to receive Jungle Lord.

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4862145 ... 450350067/
9Modelism wrote:Next project.
#Godzilla #Kaiju #sculpture #kingofthemonsters #modelkit #resinkit #garagekit
Looks like he's done with his 98 movie version sculpt. And boy, is it ever stunning.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

...It's beautiful

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

DoctorWarpdrive wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/4862145 ... 450350067/
9Modelism wrote:Next project.
#Godzilla #Kaiju #sculpture #kingofthemonsters #modelkit #resinkit #garagekit
Looks like he's done with his 98 movie version sculpt. And boy, is it ever stunning.
Dang, that looks fantastic!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Anybody ever see this guy's store?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/microre ... h+Wars&s=0

He sells little 3D printed figures. They're unpainted and fairly pricey, but he's got a handful of Godzilla characters that don't have figures, like Super Godzilla...

And... oh yes... H I M

In all seriousness, I don't believe I've ever seen a Bagan figure for sale, or any video game Godzilla characters, so I thought it was worth sharing if anyone's interested. He's got a few there.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Those models look... Exactly like 2009MECHAGODZILLA's animation models.

Guess they got permission. Those are really good models.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What's Jungle Lord?

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:What's Jungle Lord?
9modelism's first foray into the articulated 3rd party kaiju market, a rendition of Kong from K:SI.
https://www.9modelism.com/product-page/ ... ion-figure

As I understand it he is no longer accepting new orders for it, he wants to focus on shipping out the orders he already has and then move on to new figures.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

DirektorSplennic wrote:...It's beautiful
I've looked at this for five hours now
your source of self destruction

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I definitely do not recommend 9Modelisms work, as he was very unreliable.

As nice as it would've been, I ordered my Kong figure July 14th, 2019. He told me I'd be part of batch 3, then come 2020 and he's telling me he's working on getting my shipment out, then come January, February, March/ June, July, August, each month he gives me a different story. I saw he then broke his hand and I told him it was no issue, and to take his time as I understand he's just one person. During this time I also see a bunch of reviewers (including one or 2 right here on this forum) get their little "Review Sample", which was odd to me since, considering it was a small release, you'd think everyone would get theirs based on batch and not recognition. But I'm sure they likely PM'd him and personally asked for an early sample due to their rec.

Then comes October and he tells me he's shipping it next week and I'd receive tracking info, next week comes, nothing. Week after, nothing. I ask him how far along is my item because it's been more than a year already. He tells me he shipped it but it got lost in shipping and he could ship another in a week or two.

So I just told him I'd prefer a refund.

If you guys are looking for a reliable team of 3rd party guys, I highly recommend PhotonCollectibles. They keep you up to date and are very organized with their batches. Good luck to those of you trying to get your hands on a Zilla within the next 2 years.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 pm I definitely do not recommend 9Modelisms work, as he was very unreliable.

As nice as it would've been, I ordered my Kong figure July 14th, 2019. He told me I'd be part of batch 3, then come 2020 and he's telling me he's working on getting my shipment out, then come January, February, March/ June, July, August, each month he gives me a different story. I saw he then broke his hand and I told him it was no issue, and to take his time as I understand he's just one person. During this time I also see a bunch of reviewers (including one or 2 right here on this forum) get their little "Review Sample", which was odd to me since, considering it was a small release, you'd think everyone would get theirs based on batch and not recognition. But I'm sure they likely PM'd him and personally asked for an early sample due to their rec.

Then comes October and he tells me he's shipping it next week and I'd receive tracking info, next week comes, nothing. Week after, nothing. I ask him how far along is my item because it's been more than a year already. He tells me he shipped it but it got lost in shipping and he could ship another in a week or two.

If you guys are looking for a reliable team of 3rd party guys, I highly recommend PhotonCollectibles. They keep you up to date and are very organized with their batches. Good luck to those of you trying to get your hands on a Zilla within the next 2 years.
I mean, all of the reasons he's given have been valid and I've been in contact too(and my order, which I haven't got yet, was placed around the same time, I was one of the last of Batch 2). It's not like it's been a constantly changing story on his part, it's consistently(after the initial delay from his hand breaking) been "COVID has screwed up shipping internationally and he's having trouble with the the services he's using". I'll admit it's not fun having to wait so long for it but I don't consider him unreliable due to things outside of his control. People have been posting recently about getting their figures so he is getting them through the mess that is shipping, it's just not easy.
Last edited by DoctorWarpdrive on Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pmIn all seriousness, I don't believe I've ever seen a Bagan figure for sale, or any video game Godzilla characters, so I thought it was worth sharing if anyone's interested. He's got a few there.
Looking at Bagan's posture is hurting my back...

Anyway, this dude was beaten to the punch, a Bagan garage kit has popped up now and again at Wonder Festivals in Japan, and with Toho's blessings to boot. I have a gut feeling the dude you linked is posting these models without permission, I saw no mention of the people who made the original Super Godzilla, Bagan, and Orochi models. The Orga one looks like it's straight out of GU, too.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:06 am
Shenanigans wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pmIn all seriousness, I don't believe I've ever seen a Bagan figure for sale, or any video game Godzilla characters, so I thought it was worth sharing if anyone's interested. He's got a few there.
Looking at Bagan's posture is hurting my back...

Anyway, this dude was beaten to the punch, a Bagan garage kit has popped up now and again at Wonder Festivals in Japan, and with Toho's blessings to boot. I have a gut feeling the dude you linked is posting these models without permission, I saw no mention of the people who made the original Super Godzilla, Bagan, and Orochi models. The Orga one looks like it's straight out of GU, too.
I didn't want to say anything without absolute proof, but yeah, every single one of those models are stolen.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 pm I definitely do not recommend 9Modelisms work, as he was very unreliable.

Oh, yours went through shipping hell? He said he'd ship mine out last month, but he never asked for my address or anything. Very poor show.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Nathus214 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:46 pmOh, yours went through shipping hell? He said he'd ship mine out last month, but he never asked for my address or anything. Very poor show.
Yeah originally I'd ask him every month since December of 2019, with him telling me my order would be shipped out the next month/ the next week. So it was getting extremely tiring, and then COVID struck and I just had a hunch "something" would happen where I wouldn't get my order.

Then restrictions lightened up in September of 2020, he made a whole post about it, and the figures were supposedly being shipped again. I asked him Sep-Oct what the case was, and I continued to receive the "next week" after "next week" and it just got to a point. Then he says it shipped but I'd have to wait 7 days for the tracking info? And then I was the one who contacted him 2 weeks later, he never, never, contacted me directly. It was like pulling teeth, the entire situation became very frustrating, then it came to a head when he told me "it must've gotten lost I'll ship another next week"

Just not a good experience, it seemed like he wasn't really trying to get my order out. I also realized the figure is about 4 inches tall and filled with revo joints, so I just came to the conclusion that I could find something better to spend my 50 on.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

Nathus214 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:46 pmOh, yours went through shipping hell? He said he'd ship mine out last month, but he never asked for my address or anything. Very poor show.
IIRC he might be able to get your address through the paypal payment or something? IDK. I just asked for an update on mine(since some people on the page who ordered AFTER me have gotten theirs) and he said he's shipped mine out but the tracking numbers aren't working half the time when he's been giving them to people so he said if I haven't got it in a week to message him and he'd send another out.