3rd Party Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: 3rd Party Figures

Post by Shenanigans »

I don't think anybody's posted these yet and I'm interested in seeing how these turn out - Custom MUTO resin statues from Carla Custom & Repaint. Anybody else see these before?

Not only are they stunning to look at, but they'll come in different sizes, too. Apparently there's Gashapon size (roughly 3" I guess), SH Monsterarts size, and X-Plus 30cm size.

The 6" Female MUTO is coming out in February, don't know about the rest; $210 fully painted. Little too much for me I think but it's really not that bad for something that looks this damn good. I'm blown away.

Looks like they have some more stuff too like the Queen MUTO.

https://www.instagram.com/carlacustom_repaint/
https://www.facebook.com/Carla.Custom/

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow those are neat! The price is high; but it is a custom made, custom painted, and probably quite limited product...

Any word on the cost of the “x-plus scale” figures? And are they 25 or 30cm scale?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:48 pm I don't think anybody's posted these yet and I'm interested in seeing how these turn out - Custom MUTO resin statues from Carla Custom & Repaint. Anybody else see these before?

Not only are they stunning to look at, but they'll come in different sizes, too. Apparently there's Gashapon size (roughly 3" I guess), SH Monsterarts size, and X-Plus 30cm size.

The 6" Female MUTO is coming out in February, don't know about the rest; $210 fully painted. Little too much for me I think but it's really not that bad for something that looks this damn good. I'm blown away.

Looks like they have some more stuff too like the Queen MUTO.

https://www.instagram.com/carlacustom_repaint/
https://www.facebook.com/Carla.Custom/
Stunning is right! The price is too steep for my blood, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. Didja notice there was also a MUTO Prime(?), the one at the end of KOTM, in that last pic?
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Don't know anything about a 6 inch $210 MUTO statue, but my $73 Photon Collectibles MUTO set came in. Gave them a quick paint job and im blown away by both the end product, and the sculpts themselves..

9 pictures incoming:

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Great paint job on those Parasite figures. I love the washes and splatters/drips on the legs and body.
Last edited by NickMockoviak on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

NickMockoviak wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:55 pm Great paint job on those Parasite figures. I love the washes and splatters/drips on the legs and body.
Thank you so much! I was actually wondering if I made the color patterns a bit too asymmetrical, but after looking over the pics I took, they really blew me away.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:42 am
NickMockoviak wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:55 pm Great paint job on those Parasite figures. I love the washes and splatters/drips on the legs and body.
Thank you so much! I was actually wondering if I made the color patterns a bit too asymmetrical, but after looking over the pics I took, they really blew me away.
They came out pretty dang good. I think that if you made it too "perfect" and symmetrical, it would feel a bit off, you know? Your paint job is on-point.

I'm still looking for decent reference shots so that I can get mine all dolled up.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My Jungleord has Shipped and my Charybdis from Photon has been pre-ordered.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Well, I came to a realization. I'm getting both Playmates Kongs, I got NECA King Kong and I'm probably ending up getting the inevitable Kong they make for GVK. Why wait on a small (and out of scale with almost everything) figure with Revoltech joints? Asked for a refund, hoping he comes through.
I'll probably check back in for Urban Dragon though, hoping it goes smoother.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My Jungle Lord is in. Will open later.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I have been really wanting to see if I could get a really basic toy of my own Godzilla design 3D printed. Now aside from the cost of commissioning someone to make a 3D model with cut joints for basic POA. Is there any legality issues that could come up? Does anyone know who I could possibly talk to about such an idea?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:13 am I have been really wanting to see if I could get a really basic toy of my own Godzilla design 3D printed. Now aside from the cost of commissioning someone to make a 3D model with cut joints for basic POA. Is there any legality issues that could come up? Does anyone know who I could possibly talk to about such an idea?
As long as you don't sell it and you only make one for yourself their is no legality.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:13 am I have been really wanting to see if I could get a really basic toy of my own Godzilla design 3D printed. Now aside from the cost of commissioning someone to make a 3D model with cut joints for basic POA. Is there any legality issues that could come up? Does anyone know who I could possibly talk to about such an idea?
Also no, no legality issues.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:58 pm
Starting to feel ready Direktor?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:58 pm
Starting to feel ready Direktor?
If it's one commission maybe. PM me the details please.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Would this be considered a 3rd party Godzilla toy?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/146612

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 am Would this be considered a 3rd party Godzilla toy?

Yes. Rebor doesn't have an official Godzilla license, and even though it's sorta an artistic take on Shin with Evangelion thrown in there, it's still trying to be Godzilla without it being called Godzilla.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:36 am
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 am Would this be considered a 3rd party Godzilla toy?

Yes. Rebor doesn't have an official Godzilla license, and even though it's sorta an artistic take on Shin with Evangelion thrown in there, it's still trying to be Godzilla without it being called Godzilla.
Damn, they should do more. If all those other companies can get away with it with all the Transformers figures, surely they can.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Ready Player One (2018) Mechagodzilla

So yeah, this is a thing now. I previously posted this in the custom thread, but as it turns out, its not actually a custom but something you can buy! I also said I would kill for such a figure, but now it seems I don't have to resort to murder! Yet...

Posting it here because I don't think you can really call it a bootleg, being a completely original sculpt, and that's what this thread is for. First found it on Ebay the other day. Don't know about you, but I'd say this thing is absolutely stunning! I love the design for this guy, and was always hoping the inevitable Monsterverse design would be similar. And they ended up having some similarities after all, as it was designed by Jared Krichevsky, who went on to design Godzilla vs. Kong's Mechagodzilla! Its awesome to see it in figure form. Never, ever thought we would.

Video showing off the articulation was posted here.

Good size, too. Here is is next to some bootlegs; its listed as about 8" tall, might be a little less. Also comes with shoulder missiles which I do not think were in the movie (though they are removable).

So, I found it on AliExpress where you can get it for $45 or $50 with beam. Free shipping. Decided I would be the guinea pig and bought one for myself. I have bought a couple figures from AliExpress before and received exactly what was advertised, though the site is much like Ebay with different sellers, but with many more scammers. So who knows what I'll end up getting, if anything at all. But you can do everything through PayPal so I'm not terribly worried.

Buy at your own risk but don't blame me if it ends up being a scam. I'd recommend waiting till I get mine to see how it is. I'll be sure to share pics and comparisons of what I end up with once I get it, but that probably won't be for a while since its from China. But worth sharing now anyway since I figure its going to start popping up more frequently sooner or later.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Similar here with the guinea pig thing, it looks fantastic and I do have had a decent experience buying bootlegs as of lately so Im willing to try.