Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

Post by ApexOversteer »

Ok... here you go y'all... this is an email exchange I've had over the past couple days with AwesomeCollector... bold is my emphasis.
ApexOversteer wrote:
Greetings!

I'm hoping you can help quell or even confirm some rumors that are being passed around lately, regarding the delays in shipping stuff out of Japan. As someone that imports quite a bit of product, I'm wondering if you have heard anything.

Lately there's a rumor spreading that Japan Post is telling retailers it may take up to 16 weeks (4 months) to get anything deemed "non-essential" onto a flight, affecting even EMS shipments with that lengthy time frame.

I'd appreciate any comment you can offer, even to the negative. I do understand you're probably very busy, and without a doubt these concerns are very small in light of the current world situation, but I would be very grateful for any information or opinion you can share.

Be well.

T.
AwesomeCollector wrote:
T. -

EMS is currently suspended from Japan to the US. EMS packages "piggy back" on commercial flights. Right now, there aren't any flights from Japan to the US (or extremely limited) so there aren't any flights to ship packages. That's why EMS had to suspend their service. And yes, they are estimating that the delay could be as long as four months.

We have a work-around at AwesomeCollector.com and will be shipping as normal (mostly). We have already shipped the Shin 4th Form Deforeals and are shipping Gamera figures as well. We can ship all of our orders in bulk to the US and then ship to customers in the US with USPS and UPS. We are also able to keep our usual shipping rates from Japan. It's taken us around a week to get everything setup, but we will have more emails and announcements soon.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
AwesomeCollector.com

So there it is. The delay could indeed be upwards of 4 months.

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Re: Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

Post by Sachiel »

ApexOversteer wrote:Ok... here you go y'all... this is an email exchange I've had over the past couple days with AwesomeCollector... bold is my emphasis.
ApexOversteer wrote:
Greetings!

I'm hoping you can help quell or even confirm some rumors that are being passed around lately, regarding the delays in shipping stuff out of Japan. As someone that imports quite a bit of product, I'm wondering if you have heard anything.

Lately there's a rumor spreading that Japan Post is telling retailers it may take up to 16 weeks (4 months) to get anything deemed "non-essential" onto a flight, affecting even EMS shipments with that lengthy time frame.

I'd appreciate any comment you can offer, even to the negative. I do understand you're probably very busy, and without a doubt these concerns are very small in light of the current world situation, but I would be very grateful for any information or opinion you can share.

Be well.

T.
AwesomeCollector wrote:
T. -

EMS is currently suspended from Japan to the US. EMS packages "piggy back" on commercial flights. Right now, there aren't any flights from Japan to the US (or extremely limited) so there aren't any flights to ship packages. That's why EMS had to suspend their service. And yes, they are estimating that the delay could be as long as four months.

We have a work-around at AwesomeCollector.com and will be shipping as normal (mostly). We have already shipped the Shin 4th Form Deforeals and are shipping Gamera figures as well. We can ship all of our orders in bulk to the US and then ship to customers in the US with USPS and UPS. We are also able to keep our usual shipping rates from Japan. It's taken us around a week to get everything setup, but we will have more emails and announcements soon.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
AwesomeCollector.com

So there it is. The delay could indeed be upwards of 4 months.

Thanks for the informative update! I live in Canada and would guess that EMS parcels would be piggy backing on flights done by our major airline, Air Canada. Air Canada currently has cancelled all routine roundtrip scheduled flights with Japan. As of now all scheduled flights between Tokyo and major cities in Canada have been suspended.

However, I do see that Air Canada has plans to restart flights occuring three times a week between Vancouver and Tokyo beginning on May 15th. Other flights between Tokyo and Canadian cities including Calgary, Toronto and Montreal To begin once a week starting mid June.

Guess with any luck my X-Plus Godzilla 1984 will arrive sometime between May and late June....

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Got this from JapanPost website. Hopefully the Xplus '84 Godzilla can find its way sooner than later being accepted at Tokyo on 4/11.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I guess that Hoby Search is will be holding onto shipments, unless alternate shipping is arranged. Without knowing what provider they are using for their alternate service, since they don't name that provider, I'm reluctant to use that alternate service...

Looks like I'll be having my pre-orders stacking up at Hobby Search until the bottleneck is over and then I'll have a series of box days...

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Flossie's apparently has the '84 standard in stock now.

Edit: Image
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue May 05, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, at long last, my shipments from Mandrake arrived. Only took like two months.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ShonenRIC updated their announcements bulletin board with this message on 5/5...

ShonenRIC wrote:

Thank you for your continued love and support of our products.

International shipping to the US will be temporarily suspended starting April 24, due to the significant decrease in transportation capacity caused by the reduction/suspension of flights brought by the new coronavirus.

As such, we regret to inform you that we are currently unable to ship the following items scheduled to be released in April, delaying them as stated below:

・Deforeal Godzilla(1999) Shonen RIC Exclusive
・Deforeal Orga Shonen RIC Exclusive

Shipping Date:Ships in April 2020 → Release Date TBA

*"Large Kaiju series Gamera(1999)Damage Ver.", which is also scheduled to be released in April, will still be shipped, but delivery is expected to be significantly delayed due to the circumstances above.

We currently have no estimate as to when we can resume shipping.
We will update you as soon as the situation changes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and ask for your kind understanding.

We will continue striving to deliver the best products to all our customers.
We appreciate your patience.

Shonen RIC

Looks like they'll be holding orders and only shipping once EMS resumes accepting US shipments.

I'm expecting a similar message from Hobby Search at some point.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

I ordered the SHMA Burning Godzilla from Mandarake through DHL shipping, and to my surprise it came like 2 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with this. experienced zero issues along the way, and I live in Asia. :mrgreen:
Last edited by GojiBerries on Sat May 09, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GojiBerries wrote:I ordered the SHMA Burning Godzilla from Mandarake through DHL shipping, and to my surprise it came like 2 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with this. experienced zero issues along the way, and I live in Asia. :mrgreen:
Are you referring to the 2019 or 1995?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

shadowgigan wrote:
GojiBerries wrote:I ordered the SHMA Burning Godzilla from Mandarake through DHL shipping, and to my surprise it came like 2 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with this. experienced zero issues along the way, and I live in Asia. :mrgreen:
1995, they were asking about it in the SHMA thread.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

shadowgigan wrote:
yeah, I got the old release of the SHMA 1995 Burning, I was thinking of the special color but eh worried about QC issues and couldn't find it for a good price.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

After 26 days languishing in a Saitama Prefecture post office, Translucent Shin has moved! He suddenly appeared in Tokyo, and a minute later, he left! I'm hoping to have him in hand middle of the week...

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Frustrating.... Sakai '84 sitting at Tokyo post office for 1 month already tomorrow.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, I still have three packages that was supposed to be shipped Air EMS and have been sitting still now for a few weeks.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Frustrating.... Sakai '84 sitting at Tokyo post office for 1 month already tomorrow.
3 weeks and counting for me....

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I really don't want to order anything from Japan. Wish they would push releases back but understand why companies would be reluctant to do so.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:I really don't want to order anything from Japan. Wish they would push releases back but understand why companies would be reluctant to do so.
As much as we would like to think so, the world does not revolve around the USA, and there are countries that are receiving shipping just fine. Not only that, these companies need revenue to survive, delaying releases would slow revenue generation, and jeopardize their survival in already troubling times.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Wow, can't believe an update on my X-Plus Sakai '84 Godzilla shipping:
"Shipping from international exchange
May 16th 19:00
Handling Bureau:
Tokyo International Post Office (Tokyo)"
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sat May 16, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Whoa! Mine too! I had stopped even checking it until you posted that.

“Dispatch from outward office of exchange” today.