Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

Post by ApexOversteer »

With the current situation in various nations around the world, particularly Asia and Europe, there are reported delays in receiving parcels shipped from countries affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.

It has been noted that in Japan especially, some retailers appear to be returning to full speed capacity, in terms of doing business, but they are warning of "Great Delay" in shipping to certain countries, particularly the United States and Australia.

Has anyone recently received any shipments from Japan, or China? Have you experienced delays in either the parcel being shipped (leaving the source country) or going through customs upon entry into your own nation?

We're not talking about product delays, those are covered in the threads related to the specific product manufacturers, this thread is to discuss the shipping of product, once actually released.

Yes, this is a "First World Problem", and for sure there are greater things to be concerned about than Godzilla toys during such times. That said, these businesses are returning to business, require business to stay in business, many times we collectors have had these products pre-ordered for some time and cannot cancel them, and after all, this IS the Toy and Collectible sub-forum of a Godzilla Fan Forum, the natural place to discuss such things, so please, let's take the fact that this is a small, insignificant issue in the wider scope of the current world situation as read, and move from there.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

Post by ApexOversteer »

Well, guess I'll see first hand...

Have a shipment in process now, got the alert that Hobby Search had my final March item in stock and my March pre-orders entered processing for shipping at 3pm local Japan time. We'll see how long it takes EMS to get it to my door with this "Great Delay" they're warning us about...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Late Q1/Early Q2 2020 International Shipping Re: COVID-19 - What Have You Experienced?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not sure if its because of the pandemic or not, but both of my BBTS orders have yet to ship. Granted, they are both pretty BIG orders.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

MM Raids Again wrote:Not sure if its because of the pandemic or not, but both of my BBTS orders have yet to ship. Granted, they are both pretty BIG orders.

How long are we talking?

I've had them take up to 4 or 5 days to put a large Pile'o'Loot order together... 8 or 10 items...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

As of right now things like amazon and most things in general are completely normal in japan. I’ll let you know as soon as things get weird.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Message from Hobby Search, from their news ticker on their front page...
Hobby Search wrote:
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Japan Post has announced temporary suspension/delay of international mail service destined to various countries as of 2nd Apr 2020.

Given the situation, we are only able to use EMS shipment to certain countries.
Unfortunately, SAL shipments cannot be used for the time being.

For detail, please see Japan Post website.

As for processing of your orders, payment will be charged as usual.
However, orders that cannot be shipped will be paused until their corresponding shipping services are resumed.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience, and pray everyone stays safe in this difficult time.

Japan Post has this to say on the subject:
Japan Post wrote:
The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused many countries/territories to take measures such as stopping acceptance of inbound postal items as well as considerable suspension and reduction of flights from/to Japan. Accordingly, our transportation performance has significantly declined. Therefore, acceptance of international mail items, mainly EMS and parcel-post/letter-post items by air and SAL, will be temporarily suspended from April 2.

Items which have already been accepted and cannot be dispatched to their destinations will be returned from the delivery offices to the senders in order. In addition, because of the global reduction of flights, considerable delivery delays are expected for outbound mail items to other countries/territories.

Thankfully, it appears that the US, and the UK are still accepting Japan Post at this time, with "considerable delay". For those in other countries/territories, check this PDF from Japan Post to see if your location is affected:

"Countries and territories to which acceptance of mail is temporarily suspended because of the novel coronavirus pandemic": https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/infor ... _01_en.pdf

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ApexOversteer wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Not sure if its because of the pandemic or not, but both of my BBTS orders have yet to ship. Granted, they are both pretty BIG orders.

How long are we talking?

I've had them take up to 4 or 5 days to put a large Pile'o'Loot order together... 8 or 10 items...
Last Friday, so about that time frame.

Nevermind. First shipment just shipped.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Godzilla Store just unveiled a bunch of new products, mostly shirts, so for the time being things in Japan internally seem to be alright.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MM Raids Again wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:

How long are we talking?

Last Friday, so about that time frame.

Nevermind. First shipment just shipped.
Just put in an order Monday and was worried since it hasn't moved out of processing so it's good to hear that they're still shipping. Was worried it would take eons to arrive.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I pre-ordered shf kamen rider zero-one from the bluefin website early this year. It had a release date sometime in March. Soon later March was coming to a close and I had yet to receive any shipping notification. I suspected the virus to be the cause for delay. Finally I emailed customer service and they quickly responded that their distribution is temporarily closed for the next couple of weeks due to the virus. They'll eventually notify me when it ships. I gotta say they have excellent customer service.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Japan Post has now had possession of my Hobby Search shipment for a full 60 hours (2.5 days). Usually once JPost takes possession from Hobby Search, the shipment will pass through customs within 24 hours...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

JapanPost had possession of my shipment for 4.5 days total, before their tracker listed it as having passed through the Outward Office of Exchange... that's looooong for them...

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I know that the MMS Gamera 95 that I preordered from HLJ has yet to even get to the point where I can ship it out. I typically use their private warehouse service so that I can get multiple things shipped at once and lower the cost of shipping, but they haven't even gotten to that stage yet.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

My shipment is now in the States, currently going through customs... 6 days from shipping start... at this moment, the shipment is roughly, ~24 hours behind my slowest previous shipment, which was huge, 15 items in an enormous box...

Now we'll see how long it will take for the shipment to go through US Customs in New York... typically, this is very quick, this is already several hours longer than I'm used to...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

The shipment hit my doorstep about 30 minutes ago, 72 hours long-ish to normal service, which isn't too bad IMO, if the warnings of "Great Delays" are to be heeded...

One interesting thing to note is that the USPS never updated with the tracking for this shipment once it entered the country. I was blind from customs to my porch.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I bought a Gappa BD off eBay and it was accepted by the USPS on April 6 in its state of origin. Hasn’t moved or updated since...

Got billed and shipment notice from HobbySearch for x-plus standard Sakai G’84 last night. Will see how long shipping on that takes and if it actually comes to me. I emailed them my new temp address since we sold our house and they say they updated it and it will ship here. I hope that turns out to be true...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I have been waiting on shipments from Mandrake now going on a month, which is okay. However, what does have me a bit worried is that the tracking isn't moving since Japan. The tracking numbers aren't working on USPS tracking sites and the Japanese ones haven't moved since 3/18. I also have two packages coming from a direct seller for new Y-MSF figures... keeping my fingers crossed they're not being stuck by this shit.

Quote of the Year:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MM Raids Again wrote:I have been waiting on shipments from Mandrake now going on a month, which is okay. However, what does have me a bit worried is that the tracking isn't moving since Japan. The tracking numbers aren't working on USPS tracking sites and the Japanese ones haven't moved since 3/18. I also have two packages coming from a direct seller for new Y-MSF figures... keeping my fingers crossed they're not being stuck by this shit.
What'd you ship with?

They posted this on their website yesterday: https://earth.mandarake.co.jp/help/ship ... sions.html

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

MM Raids Again wrote:I have been waiting on shipments from Mandrake now going on a month, which is okay. However, what does have me a bit worried is that the tracking isn't moving since Japan. The tracking numbers aren't working on USPS tracking sites and the Japanese ones haven't moved since 3/18. I also have two packages coming from a direct seller for new Y-MSF figures... keeping my fingers crossed they're not being stuck by this shit.
What country are you in?

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
What'd you ship with?

They posted this on their website yesterday: https://earth.mandarake.co.jp/help/ship ... sions.html
I was going to say, Hobby Search put up an alert and pointed at a JapanPost PDF with a very similar list. I posted Japan Post's Message and PDF list of affected countries/regions on April 1st, scroll up to see it.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ApexOversteer wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:I have been waiting on shipments from Mandrake now going on a month, which is okay. However, what does have me a bit worried is that the tracking isn't moving since Japan. The tracking numbers aren't working on USPS tracking sites and the Japanese ones haven't moved since 3/18. I also have two packages coming from a direct seller for new Y-MSF figures... keeping my fingers crossed they're not being stuck by this poop.
What country are you in?

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:I have been waiting on shipments from Mandrake now going on a month, which is okay. However, what does have me a bit worried is that the tracking isn't moving since Japan. The tracking numbers aren't working on USPS tracking sites and the Japanese ones haven't moved since 3/18. I also have two packages coming from a direct seller for new Y-MSF figures... keeping my fingers crossed they're not being stuck by this poop.
What'd you ship with?

I was going to say, Hobby Search put up an alert and pointed at a JapanPost PDF with a very similar list. I posted Japan Post's Message and PDF list of affected countries/regions on April 1st, scroll up to see it.
I live in the US. And yeah, pretty sure that's the hold up then. I usually go with SAL because it's the cheapest and I still get tracking. -_-

Quote of the Year: