Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by goji89 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:10 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:53 am I just bought the Jet Jagaaa and BG playmates which in all honesty are not that bad. I prefer the soft vynal than that cheap hard plastic they started using. JJ looks cool and BG looks very good too..... thinking about buying the FW Gigan from this set too. My boy wants a MA FW Gigan so hell no and the playmates will have to do lol.....
Did you get them from Walmart? I am trying to find out how much they are selling for there.
Yeah, WalMart.... I believe $12 dollars. I also saw them at Target as well.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:53 am I just bought the Jet Jagaaa and BG playmates which in all honesty are not that bad. I prefer the soft vynal than that cheap hard plastic they started using. JJ looks cool and BG looks very good too..... thinking about buying the FW Gigan from this set too. My boy wants a MA FW Gigan so hell no and the playmates will have to do lol.....
Did you get them from Walmart? I am trying to find out how much they are selling for there.
Thank you. Alright they must have raised the prices back up then because the previous wave of Classics were lowered to $10.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:26 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 pm

Thank you. Alright they must have raised the prices back up then because the previous wave of Classics were lowered to $10.
Well maybe they still are because I'm talking about total spent. My final total was about 12 bucks so that's including taxes.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

The GVK line stopping UK distribution better not mean we won't see the other figures like JJ and BG too. That'll be so disappointing...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:29 pm The GVK line stopping UK distribution better not mean we won't see the other figures like JJ and BG too. That'll be so disappointing...
That would suck. Only thing I dislike about JJ is he can't stand worth a damn on his own. He needs his plastic case he comes packaged with to stand but other than that he's great.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:29 pm The GVK line stopping UK distribution better not mean we won't see the other figures like JJ and BG too. That'll be so disappointing...
Tell me about it, like I mentioned before I wasn't all that set on the Hong Kong Battle figures so that's fine but I will attempt to get the Supercharged Godzilla, mainly because it is a new sculpt and also comes with a different accessory whereas the Hong Kong Battle figures are repaints with the same accessories as before.

I'm not exactly thrilled about buying it from the US due to tax charges, did the same for the Godzilla with Radio Tower.

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

Has anyone seen the Space Godzilla in stores? Found Burning, Destroyah, Gigan and Jet Jaguar. Are they shipping any of the other classics?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

swfreakjpb wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:57 pm Has anyone seen the Space Godzilla in stores? Found Burning, Destroyah, Gigan and Jet Jaguar. Are they shipping any of the other classics?
Don't take me as actual info because I'm not from the US, but I'd hazard a guess that Spacegodzilla might be phasing out of stores, I heard that they stopped selling Shin Godzilla... I have no clue if that's true or not, though. But Spacegodzilla was certainly the most maligned out of the first figure wave behind Shin Godzilla, so it'd make sense to phase him out if noone likes him.

I honestly think it's a shame. They came absolutely swinging out of the doors with that first wave's lineup- Shin Godzilla, Spacegodzilla, Destoroyah, Final Gigan, KSI Kong... we're talking some of the most popular and awesome characters from the entire series. And yet the rush to get them out made them all so sloppy. Imagine if they were more carefully done...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:20 am
swfreakjpb wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:57 pm Has anyone seen the Space Godzilla in stores? Found Burning, Destroyah, Gigan and Jet Jaguar. Are they shipping any of the other classics?
Don't take me as actual info because I'm not from the US, but I'd hazard a guess that Spacegodzilla might be phasing out of stores, I heard that they stopped selling Shin Godzilla... I have no clue if that's true or not, though. But Spacegodzilla was certainly the most maligned out of the first figure wave behind Shin Godzilla, so it'd make sense to phase him out if noone likes him.

I honestly think it's a shame. They came absolutely swinging out of the doors with that first wave's lineup- Shin Godzilla, Spacegodzilla, Destoroyah, Final Gigan, KSI Kong... we're talking some of the most popular and awesome characters from the entire series. And yet the rush to get them out made them all so sloppy. Imagine if they were more carefully done...
It was inexplicable to me why they didn't just reuse the Bandai Creation vinyl molds for Destoroyah, Spacegodzilla and Gigan rather than the terribly cheap looking plastic (not to mention the goofier vinyl FW Godzilla). They had no trouble reselling the BC King Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla vinyls.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the Mechagodzilla with Proton Scream is going to go unreleased, or it was what the Mechagodzilla figure was originally going to be packaged with until they decided on a repainted HEAV.

Got the Mechagodzilla figure btw, really fun to handle.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:37 pm I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the Mechagodzilla with Proton Scream is going to go unreleased, or it was what the Mechagodzilla figure was originally going to be packaged with until they decided on a repainted HEAV.

Got the Mechagodzilla figure btw, really fun to handle.
I'm starting to wonder what's happening with any of the supposed future releases. Last thing we hear was that the mini figures aren't being released, then silence. I know these things usually appear out of the ether with no forewarning, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they were done with the line now that the movie's effectively run its course.

And I envy you being able to grab Mechagodzilla. I think I'm shit out of luck with that one, I have no idea where I could get one at this point. -_-

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Could Playmates have lost the US license to Super7? And so they can only release whatever was already in the pipeline?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Considering how Star Wars have the Black Series, Transformers the Studio Series, and Jurassic Park the Legacy Collection, it would be a dream come true if Playmates did that with the MonsterVerse or even Godzilla/Kong in general.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm Considering how Star Wars have the Black Series, Transformers the Studio Series, and Jurassic Park the Legacy Collection, it would be a dream come true if Playmates did that with the MonsterVerse or even Godzilla/Kong in general.
I would be over the moon for a line like that.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

I'm starting to think over here in the UK we won't even get Mechagodzilla, Smyths had it listed to be sold in the end of April(maybe?) but then the end of May, now it says the end of June...

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:04 pm I'm starting to think over here in the UK we won't even get Mechagodzilla, Smyths had it listed to be sold in the end of April(maybe?) but then the end of May, now it says the end of June...
Strange, I live in the UK and now have Mechagodzilla because I had pre-ordered him back in April. Is he out of stock already?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:33 pm
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:04 pm I'm starting to think over here in the UK we won't even get Mechagodzilla, Smyths had it listed to be sold in the end of April(maybe?) but then the end of May, now it says the end of June...
Strange, I live in the UK and now have Mechagodzilla because I had pre-ordered him back in April. Is he out of stock already?
It's, like, wavering between in and out apparently. It turns out my closest Smyths doesn't get him until the end of june as I said, they kept bumping it up every month, and some other stores on the store finder have him in stock. I'm giving up and risking one from Ebay.

There's this one seller that I keep seeing who really peeves me off, they have the GVK figures up out of box for double store price, without accessories. And they keep trying to sell the playmates classics as the original 2004 or other date vinyls they're based on.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Huh, well I'll be damned - Playmates ain't done yet.

https://twitter.com/hisbrawlers/status/ ... 3031298056

Would've preferred a Skullcrawler repaint than that Antarctic Kong, but Battle Mechagodzilla looks pretty neat.

Maybe there's hope for the electronic 13" Mechagodzilla yet!
Last edited by Shenanigans on Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Awesome!
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Might just get that MG for the Proton Scream alone. Looks neat!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: