Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KREXILE
Ronin

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by KREXILE »

Anyone know if playmates or any company will be releasing the stuffed animal Kong that Jia had? I'm kinda lacking merch from Team Kong and If I had to get one, that would probably be it.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Xenagoji7802 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18 pm Is it possible that they might do MUTOs? Not familiar with what has been said or not. Because that would be sweet.
They said they'll make everything that appears in the film.

Small spoilers for GVK:
Spoiler:
The female MUTO (along with the Skull Island Skullcrawler and Ghidorah) appear in the opening credits. So, maybe? Someone should ask them.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

I went to 7 Walmart’s over the past few days and everything GvK related was absolutely cleaned out.
Guess I shouldn’t be surprised with how popular this movie is right now
God only knows when Walmart will re-stock

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

KREXILE wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:36 pm Anyone know if playmates or any company will be releasing the stuffed animal Kong that Jia had? I'm kinda lacking merch from Team Kong and If I had to get one, that would probably be it.
The only merch of that I know of is the small bag clip figurine thing.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

It'd be awesome if they did a KOTM Ghidorah for the 11 inch line to scale with the 6 inch line. Wishful thinking and it doesn't make the most sense, but fun thought.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

1 of my 6 area stores finally got them in.. and they said.. 1 person came in and bought the whole display. Smh. Ugh.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:59 pm 1 of my 6 area stores finally got them in.. and they said.. 1 person came in and bought the whole display. Smh. Ugh.
What? No fucking way?

An entire display bought by one man? That's freaking nuts.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Funny enough, I just saw earlier today that somebody's actually selling one of those whole displays on Ebay. "No figures included", naturally. :eh:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:11 pm It'd be awesome if they did a KOTM Ghidorah for the 11 inch line to scale with the 6 inch line. Wishful thinking and it doesn't make the most sense, but fun thought.
An in scaled Ghidorah for a 6 inch line only needs to be 8 inches tall with a 15 inch wingspan. Another reason Neca was BS about not making Ghidorah.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:11 pm It'd be awesome if they did a KOTM Ghidorah for the 11 inch line to scale with the 6 inch line. Wishful thinking and it doesn't make the most sense, but fun thought.
An in scaled Ghidorah for a 6 inch line only needs to be 8 inches tall with a 15 inch wingspan. Another reason Neca was BS about not making Ghidorah.
I'd love to know how you figured that out.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:49 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 pm
I'd love to know how you figured that out.
Divide Godzilla's height by Ghidorah's height than take the decimal number and divide it by 6 inches which is what Godzilla's toy stands at.

The wingspan are just a guess because everyone estimated his wingspan being at least 1000 feet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

All things considered, Playmates has been doing a faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr better job with mass produced movie Godzilla tie-in merchandise than Bandai America and Jakks Pacific.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 am All things considered, Playmates has been doing a faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr better job with mass produced movie Godzilla tie-in merchandise than Bandai America and Jakks Pacific.
Oh yeah on that they are on point, kiddos who are fans are gonna have plenty of stuff they can go for at good prices and on good quality for that price. I mean have you guys seen the mega godzilla glow in the dark? That toy looks epic. And for 30 bucks.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 am
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 am All things considered, Playmates has been doing a faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr better job with mass produced movie Godzilla tie-in merchandise than Bandai America and Jakks Pacific.
---I mean have you guys seen the mega godzilla glow in the dark? That toy looks epic. And for 30 bucks.
No, because apparently 13 different Walmarts within Southern California magically don't have shit for Godzilla vs Kong within a 3 week time frame going now on 4.

Fucking stupid. Ugh, though whoever above mentioned a "display" actually thanks for that. I was mainly looking for shelf stock, but passively looking for a display. The only displays Walmarts in my area has are fucking "Rava and the Last Dragon" shelf warming that isle.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Nathus214 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Xenagoji7802 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18 pm Is it possible that they might do MUTOs? Not familiar with what has been said or not. Because that would be sweet.
They said they'll make everything that appears in the film.

Small spoilers for GVK:
Spoiler:
The female MUTO (along with the Skull Island Skullcrawler and Ghidorah) appear in the opening credits. So, maybe? Someone should ask them.
Oooh excellent 😁

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Pretty sure John Stelzner, Vice President of Marketing at Playmates Toys, said that there would be no monsters from the cast of Godzilla '14 or King of the Monsters added to the GvK line.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to it happening.
Last edited by WarpedBandicoot99 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:11 pm Pretty sure John Stelzner, Vice President of Marketing at Playmates Toys, said that there would be no monsters from the cast of Godzilla '14 or King of the Monsters added to the GvK line.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to it happening.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Apologies, I specifically meant the 6" line.

Although, Behemoth's inclusion in the toyline is rather confusing.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Wasn't that Behemoth a convincing bullshit?

Also - Wallyworld has them now. Just went to get some replacement shoes and found them in a ravaged display on the toy isle. Not much left, no 13", roaring or 11" MG. Might have sold out, but just throwing it out there, they made it to West coast.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 pm Wasn't that Behemoth a convincing bullshit?
Wut? What are you trying to say...?