Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by master_of_monsters »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
Nathus214 wrote:WOOO 1974 NECA BTFO HAHAhahaha.....

I miss NECA....
Playmates has already put out almost as much new product this year alone than NECA did in their entire 6 year run ;)
I'm starting to think you're just trolling at this point

Spoiler:
also got the skullcrawler and battle-axe kong but I have different plans for him

https://sta.sh/01zql8nh3keo
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

6" heat ray Godzilla now in stock online at Wally World
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MonsterVerse ... /746558921
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd love to buy some of these figures in like a bundle, but the resale is absolutely ridiculous rn.

They're going for like $100 bc of scalpers, like no thank u lol, it's playmates, not SHMA.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I got everything but Kong with a jet, Skullcrawler, and the Warbat from here in Ohio. A buddy of mine snagged the last Skullcrawler.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

I wonder if the 6in Godzilla and Kong scale well with the 6in Ghidorah and Rodan from the KOTM line?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:I wonder if the 6in Godzilla and Kong scale well with the 6in Ghidorah and Rodan from the KOTM line?
I can guarantee you they do not scale well with the King Ghidorah but are probably alright with the Rodan.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I hate missing out on the fun, the only way I'd be able to get these is by importing them and...well...they're just not worth that sort of money

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Yeah, I haven’t seen the 6” Godzilla’s in person yet but figure they’re about the size of NECA 2019 which looks too big with JAKKS Ghidorah, but the JAKKS Rodan seems about the same size as NECA Rodan so you could pair JAKKS Rodan with Playmates Godzilla.

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

Found at Walmart tonight. Not Kong, but pretty cool. People trying to get on the KK band wagon. LOL
Lynn
PHIL 4:13

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That's a character from Spawn.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

LynnBob 1967 wrote:Image
Found at Walmart tonight. Not Kong, but pretty cool. People trying to get on the KK band wagon. LOL
Lynn
I dunno, seems more like its own thing, there's three other cyborg critters in the line. Also I hear that particular gorilla is from the Spawn comics. Here's the link to the full reveal: https://news.toyark.com/2020/07/22/mcfa ... ine-395652

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

LynnBob 1967 wrote:Image
Lynn
I might get the snake and shark from that line

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

The GVK line has hit Canadian shelves. My store only had the Kong w/ axe, which I picked up. Honestly, for $10 USD the figure is a lot of fun to fiddle with. Obviously it doesn't look as good as the collector monster verse stuff on my shelf, but it looks okay and is actually a lot of fun. Hopefully the line does well with kids.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

Fermix wrote:The GVK line has hit Canadian shelves. My store only had the Kong w/ axe, which I picked up. Honestly, for $10 USD the figure is a lot of fun to fiddle with. Obviously it doesn't look as good as the collector monster verse stuff on my shelf, but it looks okay and is actually a lot of fun. Hopefully the line does well with kids.
Same. All our ToysRus stores north of Toronto in Vaughan, Woodbridge, Markham, Thornhill have recieved Godzilla vs Kong figures. Both the large release figures and standard sizes. For the standard size figures only saw Kong with Axe and Godzilla with heat ray. I bought both! :mrgreen:. I gotta say I'm impressed with the way that Playmates distribution is able to get these things out. So freakin fast! We saw leaked pics from Asia 2 weeks ago. Then the United States got these a week ago. And just 4-5 days ago these things hit Canadian you shelves. Puts Hasbro and Mattel distribution to shame...

No sign yet of Skull crawler and Godzilla with radio tower. All figures with the exception of Warbat and Kong with fighter jet are on preorder over at Amazon.ca
Last edited by Sachiel on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I got 3 out of 4. I can't seem to find the Heat Ray Godzilla in any physical stores has anyone else had this same issue?

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

cloverfan98 wrote:I got 3 out of 4. I can't seem to find the Heat Ray Godzilla in any physical stores has anyone else had this same issue?
To be honest I was lucky to see the heat ray Godzilla yesterday. Out of three ToysRus stores visited I saw the Godzilla in only 1 store.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Does anyone know if the Playmates toys are available down in the South? Looking to snag the Skullcrawler and maybe the axe-weilding Kong.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Found the kong at the Walmart I work at. They only had multiples of him and the atomic blast godzilla. Along with the giant sized ones. Image
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Sachiel wrote:
Fermix wrote:The GVK line has hit Canadian shelves. My store only had the Kong w/ axe, which I picked up. Honestly, for $10 USD the figure is a lot of fun to fiddle with. Obviously it doesn't look as good as the collector monster verse stuff on my shelf, but it looks okay and is actually a lot of fun. Hopefully the line does well with kids.
Same. All our ToysRus stores north of Toronto in Vaughan, Woodbridge, Markham, Thornhill have recieved Godzilla vs Kong figures. Both the large release figures and standard sizes. For the standard size figures only saw Kong with Axe and Godzilla with heat ray. I bought both! :mrgreen:. I gotta say I'm impressed with the way that Playmates distribution is able to get these things out. So freakin fast! We saw leaked pics from Asia 2 weeks ago. Then the United States got these a week ago. And just 4-5 days ago these things hit Canadian you shelves. Puts Hasbro and Mattel distribution to shame...

No sign yet of Skull crawler and Godzilla with radio tower. All figures with the exception of Warbat and Kong with fighter jet are on preorder over at Amazon.ca
This is good to know. I checked out a TRU in Hamilton and in Oakville and only found Kong with Axe and Heat Ray Godzilla. Will keep an eye on Amazon.ca for Warbat.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Fermix wrote:
Sachiel wrote:

This is good to know. I checked out a TRU in Hamilton and in Oakville
I wish TRU was still here