Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by GoWhaleTours »

ApexOversteer wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Can't post leaked images on here, guy.
They aren't leaked. Leaked would mean the studio doesn't want them seen. These are out in public, being shown , at a toy show. Hardly a "leak." I would also point out that what was posted here are not images, they are links.

Added in 51 seconds:
Another reason I'm falling on the side of this isn't even a spoiler. They're going to be marketing with this...

I agree with you but Warner Bros. Is taking the images down on Instagram and certain sites so I think TK will lean towards them being leaks. Plus, if these were meant to be photographed, we’d have closeup HD images
GO GO GOJI KUN

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

When everyone is telling you "Hey, maybe you should take these photos down, they're leaks.", perhaps you should listen to them instead of arguing off of technicalities.

Enjoy your double warning.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm interested to see the smaller figures that are meant to be more detailed and for more serious collectors. Can't remember if I read that here or on twitter. But it sounds like playmates is making a variety of these figures, which makes me a lot more interested than I initially was.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

If the leaked images are to be believed, I think the toyline's gonna be peretty damn cool.

A bit off topic; I'm not too mad about the spoilers i mean, it's something I was kind of expecting to happen anyway, so not a huge deal for me.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Leaks are stolen materials, not meant to be seen by the public. Once the public is allowed to see those materials, they are no longer leaks, they are spoilers. These images were not stolen, were not put online by a disgruntled Playmates employee, they were taken a guy attending a toy expo. Playmates intentionally displayed those figures at Toy Fair, a public toy show, for the purpose of dissemination in the press. They are marketing with the display at the show. This can hardly be a leak.

Honestly, I don't understand the disconnect regarding this on this forum.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Except the photos were given multiple takedown notices from Warner Bros. This was not a public expo, it was a private exhibition meant for investors only. If they were meant to be seen by the public, why are the images blurry, out of focus, and taken in a way that shows caution? Because they’re not meant to be taken. These toys are not meant to be seen until probably next month when NY ToyFair actually is. It doesn’t matter what you think they’re classified as, they’re objectively leaked images and you arguing about it isn’t going to change that fact.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:Except the photos were given multiple takedown notices from Warner Bros. This was not a public expo, it was a private exhibition meant for investors only. If they were meant to be seen by the public, why are the images blurry, out of focus, and taken in a way that shows caution? Because they’re not meant to be taken. These toys are not meant to be seen until probably next month when NY ToyFair actually is. It doesn’t matter what you think they’re classified as, they’re objectively leaked images and you arguing about it isn’t going to change that fact.
I hear WB is hunting these down more aggressively then previous monsterverse leaks to add on.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

My local Walmart is finally stocking the Playmates figures. I went yesterday and saw the 9" Kong and Godzilla '04. All of the others were sold out. I didn't think they were all that bad, honestly. I can't speak for the 6" Bandai-like figures, as I haven't seen any in person yet, but I thought the two nine inch figures were pretty good. I probably would've bought one if I had more money on me at the time.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burtmacklin
Ronin

Post by burtmacklin »

I wonder if these will be revealed at NYTF? And do we know when these will hit retail now that the movie is delayed?
Last edited by burtmacklin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

burtmacklin wrote:I wonder if these will be revealed at NYTF? And do we know when these will hit retail now that the movie is delayed?

Tough to say. I'd estimate they'll start showing up closer to the film's release, but that's just me.
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

A debut at NYTF is probably the safest bet as they can have them out at the end of summer for the movie’s fall release.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

burtmacklin wrote:I wonder if these will be revealed at NYTF? And do we know when these will hit retail now that the movie is delayed?
I would guess September/October, usually a month before movie release.

I picked up 6” Kong today to add to my 6” scale MonsterVerse collection, not bad for 12”, plan to repaint him though.

Saw SpaceGodzilla and Shin at one Walmart, saw those, 2 Kongs and a Destroyah today.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Are the 6” Kongs vinyl, or are both scales hard plastic?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Poe Ghostal wrote:Are the 6” Kongs vinyl, or are both scales hard plastic?
Head feels vinyl, arms and legs almost like PVC, definitely not vinyl, and body is plastic.

Added in 4 minutes 15 seconds:
Here’s Playmates Kong with Lanard Skullcrawler.

Last edited by GFAN198423 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

GFAN198423 wrote:
Head feels vinyl, arms and legs almost like PVC, definitely not vinyl, and body is plastic.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rkhIgZT

Just curious, bue can you put the 6 playmates King against either the Bandai Creation King Caesar or the MMS Godzilla 2019?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Don’t own those.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

GFAN198423 wrote:Don’t own those.

Oh, okay.

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:

Just curious, bue can you put the 6 playmates King against either the Bandai Creation King Caesar or the MMS Godzilla 2019?
I posted a pic on page 10 with King Caesar.
PHIL 4:13

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

LynnBob 1967 wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:

I posted a pic on page 10 with King Caesar.

Oh alright. Thanks.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The "leaked" images I saw, showed a box like the KSI Kong, but the Big Ape in question was much more bulky/muscular, roaring, and had grey-white fur, due to getting older, I'd imagine. And I can SAY it, 'cuz I don't have the images. Just my own memory...