2020 Wish Lists - What are your REALISTIC hopes

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

2020 Wish Lists - What are your REALISTIC hopes

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

2020 is around the corner. A big year. Godzilla vs. Kong, film anniversaries, etc. So I figured, as collectors, we all have our fair share of hopes for what gets announced/released for 2020.

Before I post mine, I just want to outline what I hope NOT to see in this thread:

Please, for the love of God, don't spam this thread with "I want more *insert era monster* in SHMA/NECA or "Just some Godzilla vs. Kong stuff."" Get specific. Be original. Have some fun.

Myself:

SHMA
- Megaguirus: 20th anniversary of the film. It would only seem fitting we see her joining her millennium kin in the line.
- Hedorah & King Caesar: I don't expect the Showa versions (would definitely prefer them, however), but I would settle for the 2004 incarnations.
- 2001 Baragon
- Mecha-King Ghidorah & Biollante reissues/repaints

X-Plus
- Megaguirus: Either 25 CM or 30, But I imagine she'd be 25 CM scale. Again, film's 20th is upcoming in 2020. They seemed to have honored Godzilla 2000's anniversary with an Orga release this year. Hope we see her in X-Plus format.
- Kumonga: Either a new sculpt or reissue of the previous. 25 or 30 CM, it doesn't matter. Hell, I'd even settle for a 2004.
- Godzilla 1968/1971/1972: Hopefully a Sakai sculpt. Would be okay with a 1973-1975 Godzilla as well. I just want a X-Plus superhero Godzilla that is relatively affordable now.
- Grand King Ghidorah: The only X-Plus Ghidorah I will bite the bullet and pay for.

SHFA
- Birdon, Velokron, Red King and Eleking: Tamashi seems to do a handful of Ultra kaiju a year for their SHFA line. They haven't touched on the Heisei era yet, which is why I haven't listed any of them. However, they seem to be going for at least one kaiju per series release they do for Showa. While Tyrant is confirmed upcoming, I really hope they give us Birdon as another rep of his series. And Ace has yet to have a kaiju rep, so why not Velokron? Red King and Eleking are just shameful we haven't seen them introduced yet.

Bandai
- MMS 6" Megalon, Zilla and Battra: Probably the least likely of anything I have posted yet. But the line has a flicker of life now and then and we're overdo for a new sculpt since their Biollante sometime back.

Ultra Hero/Monster Series *Spark Dolls*
- Lunatyx, Pagos, Neronga, Gabora, and Peguilla: I have been SCREAMING for a Lunatyx since the days of Ginga. That won't change until, well, that changes. Each of these kaiju have viable suits with Pagos, Neronga and Gabora all sharing the same body with different heads. I imagine the only way we'd see any of these is if they pop up in the next 2020 Ultra show following Taiga.

NECA
- 1968/71/72 Godzilla
- 1973/74 Godzilla
- An "Ultimate" Godzilla. Maybe a new sculpt for the 1994 one, complete with a ton of accessories like they do for their Ultimate line of figures.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: 2020 Wish Lists - What are your REALISTIC hopes

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't really have anything specific in mind. Mainly I'd just like to see some new Showa figures from SHMA or NECA. Some GvK stuff would be cool, too, of course.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I'd like X-Plus to release the 25cm Iris we heard about a year ago, and I'd really like a Gigantic Godzilla '74 to go with the Gigantic MechaGodzilla '74, and if they continue to reissue various 25cm figures, I'd dig it if they reissued the Megalon, or the Gorosaurus, and I'm kind of hoping for a 30cm Gamera '66 to go with the 30cm Barugon...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Megaguirus, Hedorah, King Caesar, Baragon 2001 are all good ideas for SHMA...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

JAGzilla wrote:I don't really have anything specific in mind. Mainly I'd just like to see some new Showa figures from SHMA or NECA. Some GvK stuff would be cool, too, of course.
Lol, I see what you did there!

For me, 2019 was kinda a huge year for Godzilla collecting. I got what I’d consider my holy grail display in a full 25cm Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster x-plus lineup (Godzilla and Ghidorah came out this year, plus I picked up the 25cm Rodan before it sold out and a Bandai Showa Mothra larva to complete the set). Plus we got the awesome 25cm G2000 and the preorders opened for the he Sakai 1984 30cm.

So, honestly, while there’s lots of things I think would be cool, I genuinely feel like I’ve gotten (or will be getting, in the case of G1984) the things I truly desired most.

The one thing I’m hoping to see in 2020 is some good Kong merch to tie in with the film. Specifically I’d like to see a SHMA Kong 2020. I’m also hopeful (though doubtful) that we might see classic 1962 Toho Kong make an appearance in toy form again. I’d LOVE to see an SHMA ‘62 Kong and either a reissue of the Raymundo Toho Kongs (‘62 and ‘67) or a new designer vinyl ‘62 Kong from Gigabrain or Marmit.

Added in 16 minutes 42 seconds:
Oh, one other thing I’d like is a “bioluminescent” repaint of neca Mothra.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay, with the obligatory stupidity out of the way...

Obviously I'd like NECA to do some non-Godzillas, with a Legendary Kong and KOTM Ghidorah being my first choices. The Ghidorah... I'd be willing to make a lot of concessions. It doesn't have to be fully in scale, as long as it's significantly larger than Godzilla, and a lot of articulation could be sacrificed. The body could be a brick for all I care, as long as it can easily stand up and counterbalance the necks. The necks and heads would be the only things absolutely requiring articulation, though articulated tails would also be good for ensuring that this thing can fit on a shelf. It just needs to look halfway decent and preferably cost less than $100.

Otherwise, a NECA Godzilla 2000 would be great. Makes sense, too, given the GXM anniversary. They could do at least three repaints. GXM colors, Spitfire, and maybe GXM flashback black-and-white.

For Bandai MMS, I'd be up for almost anything since I only have a handful of their figures. Top choices would include Megalon, Jet Jaguar, Titanosaurus, Heisei Mechagodzilla (Super or standard), either Showa Anguirus, and either Showa Rodan.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

someone to pick up pacific rim as long as it's 7 inch scale
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

master_of_monsters wrote:someone to pick up pacific rim as long as it's 7 inch scale
Diamond Select is still producing PR merchandise...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:someone to pick up pacific rim as long as it's 7 inch scale
they are?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

master_of_monsters wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
they are?
Just saw DST's Gipsy Avenger and Obsidian Fury down at my local Walgreens. I think they were $20 each. I already have the Robot Spirits ones, so I'm not interested...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
they are?
Just saw DST's Gipsy Avenger and Obsidian Fury down at my local Walgreens. I think they were $20 each. I already have the Robot Spirits ones, so I'm not interested...
yeah I'm kinda screwed for an avenger because bandai is too small and dst is too tall

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

all i want.

ALL i want,is my SHMA Zilla figure. Is that to much to ask?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

tyrantgoji wrote:all i want.

ALL i want,is my SHMA Zilla figure. Is that to much to ask?
well we got a chibi x plus so its progress

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Literally fucking anyone

A GOOD MUTO FIGURE. PLEASE. X Plus statue, articulated figure or Bandai vinyl of the new chick from 2019, please god, I just want something besides those tiny high grade size shit and the meh Bandai vinyl of the Male. I'm begging :sob:

NECA:

Godzilla 2000: Feels like one that would fit their design sensibilities as well as the bonus of being the only screen accurate articulated figure. Also it's 20 years old at this point and no one's made anything to commerate it.
Godzilla 1968: Again, feels like it would fit as well as being a classic design.
GMK Mothra and Ghidorah: I feel like this would be a market they could tap SHMA hasn't touched yet. Also, again, would fit the NECA format well.
1993 Rodan: because SHMA is never gonna release it and blah, blah, blah, fit sensibilities.

SHMA:

Anything Showa.
Biollante repaint.

X Plus:

Anything they make will be amazing and unaffordable to me.

Bandai:

Don't really care, whatever they make should be good.

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Literally skreeonking anyone

A GOOD MUTO FIGURE. PLEASE. X Plus statue, articulated figure or Bandai vinyl of the new chick from 2019, please god, I just want something besides those tiny high grade size poop and the meh Bandai vinyl of the Male. I'm begging :sob:

second that, that vinyl looks like trash

also need a good ramarak
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

I don't know that any of my hopes are realistic, but. ..
SHMA or NECA
Death Ghidora
Any iteration of Anguirus
Zilla
Gorosaurus
Any iteration of Manda
Gmk Baragon
Orga

Xplus
25 or 30 cm Zilla

Plenty of other things I would buy, but i will be through bloody roof If any of these happen. Though I doubt they ever would.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

SHMA

Burning Godzilla 2019 (it's most likely happening since it was already revealed, but still, not officially announced yet)
Godzilla 2020.
Kong 2020. (you'd think it's an obvious one, but we didn't get a Skull Island Kong)
Skullcrawler.
Mothra 2019 w Larva (green/blue-ish repaint) or Mothra 2020 (if she does return)
Mechagodzilla 2020 (if rumors are true)
Showa King Ghidorah.
MireGoji (screen accurate)
Orga.
Godzilla 1998. (what the hell, won't happen but I can dream. X-Plus is giving me some hope)
Hedorah. (please, Tamashii)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Bandai figure of any relatively obscure monster. Gabara would be very nice.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

SHMA '68-'75 Godzilla (any year)
" 68 Anguirus
" Gorosaurus
" Manda
" Megalon
" '72 Gigan
" '62 Kong

NECA
Marvel comics Godzilla w/ issue #1 box art.

Xplus
'64b Mothra larvae (25cm)

YMSF
Behemoth
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Literally skreeonking anyone

A GOOD MUTO FIGURE. PLEASE. X Plus statue, articulated figure or Bandai vinyl of the new chick from 2019, please god, I just want something besides those tiny high grade size poop and the meh Bandai vinyl of the Male. I'm begging :sob:

second that, that vinyl looks like trash

also need a good ramarak

X-Plus has one coming...