NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
goji89
Sazer

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by goji89 »

These are 1/12th scale figures Im to assume? Or am I just bat shiit crazy assuming this?

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

goji89 wrote:These are 1/12th scale figures Im to assume? Or am I just bat shiit crazy assuming this?
Sort of. They're at a 7 inch scale, and I think 1/12 is 6 inches? For instance, the 6-inch Star Wars Black figures I put next to my NECA figures don't quite scale properly.

But I don't know what 7 inches translates to, exactly.

EDIT: Apparently, it's 1:10.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
goji89 wrote:These are 1/12th scale figures Im to assume? Or am I just bat shiit crazy assuming this?
Sort of. They're at a 7 inch scale, and I think 1/12 is 6 inches? For instance, the 6-inch Star Wars Black figures I put next to my NECA figures don't quite scale properly.

But I don't know what 7 inches translates to, exactly.

EDIT: Apparently, it's 1:10.
Oh.....Thank you.

Im trying to do a diorama for my 7 inch movie turtles and was going with 1/12 scale. Good looking out my man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm trying to complete a full Stephen King Villain collection since I've got the initial 3 Pennywise figures, and The Man in Black (Fantastic head sculpt, really feels Matthew Mcconaughey) from The Dark Tower. They scale great, and look very menacing together.

I'd customize a Cujo figure, but I don't know what the best in scale Saint Bernard would be.
The closest Christine would be the $100 1/18 model with a light up feature, which is dope but expensive.
Haven't seen any Jack from the Shining figures

Added in 1 hour 22 minutes 29 seconds:
NECA is releasing an American Gods Laura Moon who resembles Carrie to a tee, at most she'd need a repaint and minor resculpts to hide the chest scars I think.

Added in 17 hours 18 minutes 32 seconds:
I'm thinking of using this for a custom/resculpted Cujo, although it may not scale well with NECA, there aren't any in-scale dogs that I could find.

Added in 47 minutes 11 seconds:
godzilla98rules wrote:"Hey there! Want a balloon?"

I love this guy. I'll definitely take more photos later!
By the way, _JNavs_, how is the head on your Tim Curry Pennywise? Mine likes to fall off easily.....
Great pic, and yeah, I've noticed the heads are particularly difficult to not only get on, but to keep on without popping off. So I did the hot water trick just to really get the joint in there and now it stays on.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

_JNavs_ wrote:NECA is releasing an American Gods Laura Moon who resembles Carrie to a tee, at most she'd need a repaint and minor resculpts to hide the chest scars I think.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. It's been delayed a lot and I think NECA even Tweeted that it was cancelled due to a lack of interest or something.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:NECA is releasing an American Gods Laura Moon who resembles Carrie to a tee, at most she'd need a repaint and minor resculpts to hide the chest scars I think.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. It's been delayed a lot and I think NECA even Tweeted that it was cancelled due to a lack of interest or something.
Aw man, hopefully she does see a release at some point. I know she's up for preorder on BBTS, but she's also been promoted at Toyfairs since 2018, but yeah the delays are likely due to a lack of interest.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

NECA did a figure or two based on the Carrie remake a few years ago.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

I’ve been petitioning for a NECA figure of me but haven’t gotten much lead way.
Facts don't care about your feelings

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

cloverfan98 wrote:NECA did a figure or two based on the Carrie remake a few years ago.

Yeah I was looking at those, but sadly that was when they were still doing the statuesque figures instead of the articulated ones, and now they run about $60-$100 for some odd reason.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah I was looking at those, but sadly that was when they were still doing the statuesque figures instead of the articulated ones, and now they run about $60-$100 for some odd reason.
I recently picked up a used version of their Katniss figure from Catching Fire because she felt like she would be a good fit for the mostly NECA diorama I have going at the moment. She was from their more statue-style figures, and she still has a lot of movement--her arms are fully articulated (shoulder, elbow, and wrist), her head moves, and her ankles rotate. I couldn't figure out how to get her to hold the bow and arrow properly and our cats kept stealing those to play with them anyway, but she could hold some of the other weapons from NECA very well. Now she holds the fence post from their Part 6 Jason.

However, until I bought some NECA figure stands she could not stand on her own at all because her legs and torso are just one solid piece. And the pose they had her in, while dynamic, was also worthless at standing. She had to lean on other figures or be a prone victim. So that is definitely a demerit.

Still, if you find a good deal on the Carrie figures, I would say to give them a shot. You'd be surprised how much you can still get out of them.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Neca revealed the Freddy vs Jason Ultimate Jason, so that was an instant preorder for me. I thought it would be a while before they got to him, but it was a good surpise. I've got him and the Resurrection Alien Queen on preorder for July. Now if only they'd get around to making Part 7 Jason...
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yes they've finally reached peak Zombie Jason territory. I was getting sick and tired of the early film Jasons being released over and over again. I prefer the Zombie Jason body types, he looks more supernatural and imposing

FvJ Jason is an instant buy. Now let's get an Uber Jason and a Manhattan Jason

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Never really cared for Uber Jason or Manhattan Jason. I say that now and will still probably buy. For me the quintessential Jason is 7. I know that figure is coming eventually. They can only dance around it for so long!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

I had already bitten the bullet on the Part 6 Jason because it was the closest available to Part 7. I would probably have been on the fence about the FvJ Jason if it didn't include that flame effect piece. I cannot pass up a Jason with a flaming machete, so I instantly pre-ordered it.

Part 7 is my favorite Jason, so I am eagerly anticipating that one, but I have to say that the Cyborg Jason will also be an instant pre-order. It's goofy as all hell, but still a lot of fun.

I actually love Jason Goes To Hell as a film, but the Jason in that film was kind of awful. So if they get to that one, I will probably only get it if it comes with the Demon Baby Jason and an alternate head that recreates the poster with the worm. And I would definitely be all over it if they included the awesome little demons from the unused ending. I can't believe they replaced them with those goofy giant rubber hands.

Yesterday, the Neomorph, Blue Big Chap (the "Kenner-style Warrior"), and the Snake Alien arrived. The Blue Alien is definitely worth getting--it's as awesome as the albino concept figure was, but the joints aren't as uselessly loose. I almost didn't need the figure stand to get it to stand up!

The Snake Alien takes some fiddling to get to stand on its coils, but it is worth it. I'm not 100% sold on its weird triple jaw set-up, but it is still pretty awesome.

The Neomorph, on the other hand, is a very cool design but worthless at standing in any way. The tail is too weak to offer support, the big toe is not part of the toes that move, so it affects how you can stand it, and even though it is supposed to be digitgrade the peg hole for the figure stand is in the arch of the foot so you'd have to flat-foot it to use one!

I had to pose it grappling with a sturdier figure.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:Never really cared for Uber Jason or Manhattan Jason. I say that now and will still probably buy. For me the quintessential Jason is 7. I know that figure is coming eventually. They can only dance around it for so long!
As we've already discussed: Weedwacker.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:Never really cared for Uber Jason or Manhattan Jason. I say that now and will still probably buy. For me the quintessential Jason is 7. I know that figure is coming eventually. They can only dance around it for so long!
I don't think I'd be able to contain my excitement.

Seeing all the accessories they put into Part 5 gives me hope.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
I don't think I'd be able to contain my excitement.

Seeing all the accessories they put into Part 5 gives me hope.
They always kill it with Jason's accessories, but man did they go overboard with Roy's.

I'm hoping with an official reveal for Freddy vs. Jason's figure we see a hand that holds a severed Freddy head or something. The teddy bear is a bit too obscure for me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I really dont understand how you sickos collect these horror movie figures. Aren't you afraid they'll come to life man.....? *shudder*. I cant see myself having these stare back at me at night as the old house creaks and the wind blows trees twigs up against the windows and everything is dead silent as you listen to yourself breathe....heavier, heavier and heavier.....see little shadows scatter across the walls as they are lit from the moons light.....you stare at that dark little corner of the room that has an unusual black hue that moves.......you feel as it stares back at you more focused.......you feel it get closer....and closer.......then, your wife grabs ahold of your arm digging her two dollar manicure into your flesh......and you let out this horrible loud girlish scream.......and she tells you to NOT FORGET TO THROW OUT THE TRASH!!!!.....At fucking 2 a.m

Nah man......I will never own those devil figures.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

goji89 wrote:I really dont understand how you sickos collect these horror movie figures. Aren't you afraid they'll come to life man.....? *shudder*.
That's how I feel about the replicas of characters like Chucky, but it's definitely never been a concern with any other figure.

Although my wife actually did put her foot down and explicitly refused to let me bring a Pennywise figure into our home. Which is fair, since the only version I would want would be the spider-thing in the Tim Curry version. Though the "Ultimate Dancing Clown" version is very tempting with its mantis arms and "deadlights" head. However, she feels that even that combo is still too much killer clown to be allowed in my collection. :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
goji89 wrote:I really dont understand how you sickos collect these horror movie figures. Aren't you afraid they'll come to life man.....? *shudder*.
That's how I feel about the replicas of characters like Chucky, but it's definitely never been a concern with any other figure.

Although my wife actually did put her foot down and explicitly refused to let me bring a Pennywise figure into our home. Which is fair, since the only version I would want would be the spider-thing in the Tim Curry version. Though the "Ultimate Dancing Clown" version is very tempting with its mantis arms and "deadlights" head. However, she feels that even that combo is still too much killer clown to be allowed in my collection. :lol:
She's a keeper bro....keeping your horror loving ass in check.

If I were to buy one of them my wife would throw it out immediately and the horror of what is to come at me from doing so...........Oh hell nah. She would turn into a scarier version of the figure.