The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:A Christian website? Hardly. Not based on most of my experiences here...
Then idk what you've been doing. There's been a lot of religious Catholics here. They discuss religious troubles in threads and have it in their bios

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote: Dayton, Ohio to be exact.
I too live in Dayton! Which store did you find them? I normally go to Sugarcreek, Dayton Mall, or Fairfield Commons location.
I found them at the Dayton Mall location. I was there at around 3 am on Tuesday and I spotted them with the Jurassic World Dino Rivals toys.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
FlawedCoil82 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
I too live in Dayton! Which store did you find them? I normally go to Sugarcreek, Dayton Mall, or Fairfield Commons location.
I'm not in Dayton but I am pretty close! I didn't know there were other Godzilla fans around here. I have never met another one in person before.

As for these figures, they look awesome! It's amazing how much better he looks just with the vastly improved spines! If Bandai Creation throws their hat into the ring, I just hope that they don't save the good vinyls for after the movie has been out and the hype had already died down (like they foolishly did for the 2014 film).
I live in Xenia, Ohio but I don't like our Walmart because I can never find what I'm looking for there so I go to the Dayton and Sugarcreek stores instead. I usually go to Walmart after midnight when no one is there. I just ride the electric wheelchairs because I spend about 2 hours at Walmart every other week or so even though I'm only 21.
Man what’s with all us Ohio boys doing here? Marion resident. I haven’t checked my Walmart yet to see if there’s any which I might do tomorrow. If you guys are ever in Ontario, you should check out a place called “Toy Hunters”. That’s where I buy all my Neca stuff but they got a ton of Godzilla x-plus, monsterarts, figurearts, old 80s toys, etc. Just too much to list out.
:terrestris:

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Havoks wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
I found them at the Dayton Mall location. I was there at around 3 am on Tuesday and I spotted them with the Jurassic World Dino Rivals toys.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
FlawedCoil82 wrote:
I'm not in Dayton but I am pretty close! I didn't know there were other Godzilla fans around here. I have never met another one in person before.

As for these figures, they look awesome! It's amazing how much better he looks just with the vastly improved spines! If Bandai Creation throws their hat into the ring, I just hope that they don't save the good vinyls for after the movie has been out and the hype had already died down (like they foolishly did for the 2014 film).
I live in Xenia, Ohio but I don't like our Walmart because I can never find what I'm looking for there so I go to the Dayton and Sugarcreek stores instead. I usually go to Walmart after midnight when no one is there. I just ride the electric wheelchairs because I spend about 2 hours at Walmart every other week or so even though I'm only 21.
Man what’s with all us Ohio boys doing here? Marion resident. I haven’t checked my Walmart yet to see if there’s any which I might do tomorrow. If you guys are ever in Ontario, you should check out a place called “Toy Hunters”. That’s where I buy all my Neca stuff but they got a ton of Godzilla x-plus, monsterarts, figurearts, old 80s toys, etc. Just too much to list out.
Lol.. I am actually in Centerville. But yeah.. Ohio is a hot bed for Godzilla.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Kind of a bummer there's no 6" Mothra. At least not any confirmation.
Definitely buying that 6" Rodan, and probably Ghidorah, if NECA's one doesn't convince me.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

These are some super ugly figures. Like I don't get it, why are they so bad and cheap looking? Hell, the Trendmaster stuff from the mid-90s looks better. Maybe even the Imperial toys from the 80s look better.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SG-17 wrote:These are some super ugly figures. Like I don't get it, why are they so bad and cheap looking?
Modern kids' toys these days all look like that. Cost-effective measures or some other reason behind it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Look fine to me. For $12 bucks getting two figures and a back display, don't really expect it to look as detailed as even the Trendmasters.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
SG-17 wrote:These are some super ugly figures. Like I don't get it, why are they so bad and cheap looking?
Modern kids' toys these days all look like that. Cost-effective measures or some other reason behind it.
The current Jurassic World figures look pretty good, frankly not much different from the ones I had as a kid.

But I didn't realize that these were super cheap, so whatever.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

SG-17 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
The current Jurassic World figures look pretty good, frankly not much different from the ones I had as a kid.

But I didn't realize that these were super cheap, so whatever.
Pretty sure that these are aimed at younger kids as well, not saying that as an excuse, just something I'm sure they thought when creating them. Personally, I'm fine with what they are. We'll get out more detailed toys in time for the film

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:God I hope Jakks has 12 inch figures for Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah planned. Chris I don't suppose you can reach out and inquire?
What's been shown off is all there is. The big Godzilla won't have sound either.

Many Bothans died to being you this information.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Chris55 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:God I hope Jakks has 12 inch figures for Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah planned. Chris I don't suppose you can reach out and inquire?
What's been shown off is all there is. The big Godzilla won't have sound either.
This sounds insane, but I'm wondering if there's a 6" Jakks Godzilla to go with their 6" Rodan and King Ghidorah? The leaked photos I've seen showed the 43" reissue, a new 20 inch long (i.e. 10" tall) figure in a Bandai-USA-style tray, three window-boxed two-packs of 3.5" figures (three Godzilla variants and one each of the other titans), and the window-boxed 6" versions of Rodan and Ghidorah. But there's no photo of a 6" Godzilla or Mothra from Jakks. Coincidentally, those are the only two figures announced (so far) by NECA. Coincidence?
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Chris55 wrote:

Many Bothans died to being you this information.
Well that's incredibly disappointing. Oh well, NECA it is.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah that sucks. Those giant figures are the only things I wanted from the line. I mean if they're not gonna bother putting news spines on the gigantic Godzilla then its not a stretch they'd skip completely on Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

From Gomaru Island on Facebook this morning, formatting mine:
Jakks Pacific Unveils US Retail Prices for 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' Merchandise!

Hitting just a day before the big 2019 Toy Fair event tomorrow, in a press release launched early this morning, Jakks Pacific announced that they will be officially revealing the global launch of their merchandise for the upcoming MonsterVerse sequel at the Toy Fair.
Expected, however, included in said press release was the unveiling of official US retail prices for said merchandise!

“Godzilla is an iconic character, and we are excited to be partnering with Toho and Legendary on an extensive line of action figures, role-play and play sets, bringing the King of the Monsters from the movie screen to your home,” said Virginia Reneau, VP Global Licensing, JAKKS Pacific.
Select Godzilla: King of the Monsters toys include:

(1 **) 3.5-inch Monster Battlepacks: Kids can recreate the film’s epic battles and action with a unique Godzilla figure, an articulated legendary monster figure and a backdrop accessory. Each two-figure Battlepack is recommended for ages 3 and older at a suggested retail price of $9.99.

(2 **) 6-inch Monster Figure: Kids can collect their favorite legendary monsters—King Ghidorah and Rodan—in 6-inch scale. Each articulated figures comes with a vehicle accessory and a breakable building. King Ghidorah and Rodan are sold separately for $14.99 and are recommended for ages 3 and older.

(3 ***) 12-inch Godzilla Figure: This amazing Godzilla stands at 12 inches tall and over 20 inches long. He is fully poseable at the neck, shoulders, legs and tail. This figure is recommended for ages 3 and older at a recommended retail price of $19.99.

(4 ****) Godzilla Electronic Mask: Kids can imagine they are the King of the Monsters with the Godzilla Electronic Mask. Simply open Godzilla’s mouth slightly to activate Godzilla’s growl, then open a little wider to activate Godzilla’s lights and unleash his thunderous roar. The Godzilla Electronic Mask will be available for fans ages 3 and older for a suggested retail price of $24.99.

(5 *****) 24-inch Godzilla Figure: This Godzilla figure is the ultimate gift for Godzilla fans. Standing at 24 inches tall and over 36 inches long, this figure is fully poseable, with articulation in the jaw, neck, shoulders, hands, legs, feet and tail. Its massive scale and incredible detail will bring Godzilla to life for fans ages 3 and older, and will be available at a recommended retail price of $59.99.

"JAKKS Pacific will unveil its portfolio of Godzilla: King of the Monsters action figures, role-play and play sets at the International Toy Fair in New York on February 16-19, 2019. The entire toy line will be available worldwide, launching in April 2019 exclusively at Walmart in the U.S., with prices ranging from $9.99-$59.99."

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

That really is odd/disappointing that they are not making a 6 inch Godzilla and Mothra. You would think that would have been a "given". Hopefully, if the Rodan and King Ghidorah sell well, they will add Godzilla and Mothra later.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:That really is odd/disappointing that they are not making a 6 inch Godzilla and Mothra. You would think that would have been a "given". Hopefully, if the Rodan and King Ghidorah sell well, they will add Godzilla and Mothra later.
Got an interview with them coming up so for sure I'll be asking about this.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Wait, so they're doing 6 inch figures of Rodan and Ghidorah but NOT the TITLE CHARACTER?

No wonder Jakks hasn't been doing anything beyond Mario characters in their World of NINTENDO line, they're run by a bunch of monkeys.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Wait, so they're doing 6 inch figures of Rodan and Ghidorah but NOT the TITLE CHARACTER?

No wonder Jakks hasn't been doing anything beyond Mario characters in their World of NINTENDO line, they're run by a bunch of monkeys.
I'm sure Rodan/Ghidorah will be Wave 1, G and Mothra Wave 2, and if it does well enough, I can see a Wave 3 having the other kaiju
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:Wait, so they're doing 6 inch figures of Rodan and Ghidorah but NOT the TITLE CHARACTER?

I'm sure Rodan/Ghidorah will be Wave 1, G and Mothra Wave 2, and if it does well enough, I can see a Wave 3 having the other kaiju

Just 1 wave I'm told. What's coming out is all there is.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Chris55 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Just 1 wave I'm told. What's coming out is all there is.
Aw that's disappointing, hopefully they have future plans eventually
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira