The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

I didn't see a thread on this so I figured I would start one. If there is one that i missed feel free to merge. I'm making this thread because not only is the Jakks Pacific Godzilla figure from "Godzilla (2014) figure a very popular toy in among the fandom but also because they are now coming back officially for "Godzilla: King Of The Monsters" and I would imagine "Godzilla vs Kong" as well so it's good to help keep fans up to date and informed. Hopefully we will see stuff at Toy Fair 2019!

Godzilla (2014) figure-

Jakks Pacific is back for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters!!!

From Gormaru Island on Facebook-
Jakks To Unite Again With GODZILLA, As "GODZILLA: King of the Monsters" Is Confirmed To Be In Company's 2019 Toy/Merchandise Releases

In a interview with Toy World released within"Toy World November 2018", UK Senior Marketing Director Ken Goodison of Jakks, in a preview discussion of the company's upcoming 2019 toy and merchandise releases, confirmed that Jakks will be handling 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' , with products aimed to storm the toy and collector's market!

For the first MonsterVerse installment, 2014's GODZILLA, Jakks had unleashed a monstrous 2-foot tall Godzilla figurine that became an absolute must-fan with toy collectors and Godzilla fans.

NECA, Rubie's Costume Company, Tamashii Nations, and now Jakks, are all sitting around the 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' merch table. Waiting on you next Bandai to complete the circle!
Last edited by gridiron_kaiju on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Hope they go back and retroactively do Skull Island Toys. The lanyard ones were ok....but not what I wanted.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Hope they go back and retroactively do Skull Island Toys. The lanyard ones were ok....but not what I wanted.
Would love this
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm assuming they'll do the new King Ghidorah as well? Now that would be a great skreeonking thing to display your dominance with :lol: This is my house sucka!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That actually be awesome if they do Rodan and Ghidorah. Actually a new Godzilla would likely be a huge improvement over the last one. Not that the previous figure was bad.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm hoping for big ass city destruction playsets, like the ones from Trendmasters or Bandai America.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

G-G-G-Godzilla KTOM figures??????? :shock:

*dies from a heart attack*
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

godzilla98rules wrote:G-G-G-Godzilla KTOM figures??????? :shock:

*dies from a heart attack*
Hey! Don't die just yet! You still gotta by the figures!

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Please, please, please, pleease, PLEASE do all four monsters. Giant size Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah? I can feel my wallet trying to run away already.
Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Still have the Big ol' Jakks Zilla/ Planning on moving it to storage - but hey, doesn't mean I would get more :P

bonziebonzie
Yojimbo

Post by bonziebonzie »

A giant Ghidorah would be amazing!!! It would probably be a great companion piece for the Shogun Warriors Godzilla and Rodan.

Added in 23 days 14 hours 27 minutes 1 second:
I found this while looking through Ebay. A lot of Italian sellers have been posting preorders for these.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

If that's real then its basically the same exact sculpt but with different spines and probably feet. Though if that is legit the spines are 1000x better than the last one.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Wow, missed this. That packaging for the Godzilla looks good and the spines do not seem fake. Interesting! I never did get the big Jakks from the first movie so I'll gladly get this one!
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

The image is broken on both of the devices that I have tried. Anybody have a link?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

bonziebonzie
Yojimbo

Post by bonziebonzie »

Fermix wrote:The image is broken on both of the devices that I have tried. Anybody have a link?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-King- ... Sw8U9cNyff
Here you go!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

bonziebonzie wrote:
Fermix wrote:The image is broken on both of the devices that I have tried. Anybody have a link?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-King- ... Sw8U9cNyff
Here you go!
Thanks!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

No idea if that's legit or not but it looks nice.
Last edited by Chris55 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Please make figures of the other Kaiju!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Looks excellent. Hope to see the other kaiju soon, and maybe some gimmicky figures too.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That image looks suspiciously like a photoshopped NECA 24" figure to me.

EDIT: ...But what do I know? It's pretty clearly legit at this point.
Last edited by Rody on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.