Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
User avatar
Havoks
Samurai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Havoks » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello everyone! To start this off, I would like to introduce myself, you all know me as my user name "Havoks" but my real name is Devin. For the past few months, I've been working hard on creating a project that I've been rolling around in my head for over half a year. The main focus is to create my own plush toy line of kaiju specifically to be funded on kickstarter. The project has been named "Kuddly Kaijus". The focus of the kickstart is to fund 10 different kaiju within the first line (which will not be revealed yet). There are fan favorite kaiju that you may have heard of from the past, some that you may have never heard of.

Image

There is a combination of my own characters (like above!!!) and other creators kaiju, who I will be working with through out the process. I have two artists hired, one for logos and banner art and the other for official concept art and reference sheets for the manufacture to build off from, both of their identities will be held off until things are progressed a little further. I already have a few manufactures on hold that I can choose from. I also have a early production prototype of one of my characters to show you the possible quality my plush toys will have.


I have many of the funding calaculated out, so I have a general idea how much this project will take. All that is needed is to decide which manufacture I shall go with regarding prices and quality. I hope to hear from you all and will be giving updates with new information within the future!

Added in 22 hours 14 minutes 34 seconds:
Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?
Kuddly Kaijus!!!!: A kaiju plush toy kickstarter!!!!https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27918

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby SpaceG92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Moved to Fan Art/Movies/Games

-The thread does not contain a Toho IP or any of the allowed "free pass" IPs, so I moved it from the Toho Toys sections.

User avatar
Beast Blood
Samurai
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: The Great North
Contact:

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Beast Blood » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:17 am

Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?

I'm a big fan of plushies, so I'm definitely interested. I would have answered sooner had I even seen this thread before. I tend not to visit the site often.

There is a combination of my own characters (like above!!!) and other creators kaiju

Does that mean you would take requests/commissions? Because I would be ready to throw my money at my screen if it meant someone would make me plooshies of my beasties.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:36 am

Havoks wrote:Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?


I really hate when people bait like this

Here's the thing. Kickstarters, in general, are iffy for some people. Myself being 100% one of those people. I think I have backed one project in my entire life and it took 8 years for it to be completed and I got stiffed on my reward for my backing (was supposed to get a poster, never got it because the project went through so many different people).

Add to this original kaiju, which are hit or miss, add to this plushies which are absolutely not for every one.

On top of all of this? You didn't even link the kickstarter. You're better off making these in your free time, if it's something you're passionate about (which it seems like you are, and you're clearly good at it too judging by the photo you posted) and selling them on something like Etsy or DeviantArt, rather than asking people to invest money in the project.

That's just my two cents, which I wasn't going to express, but I'm only expressing because you added in the comment about no one being interested. Also, not speaking for anyone else or telling you what to do or anything. Just my personal experiences with Kickstarter, how I've seen people personally react to them, etc. You do whatever brings you the most happiness.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Havoks
Samurai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Havoks » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Maritonic wrote:
Havoks wrote:Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?


I really hate when people bait like this

Here's the thing. Kickstarters, in general, are iffy for some people. Myself being 100% one of those people. I think I have backed one project in my entire life and it took 8 years for it to be completed and I got stiffed on my reward for my backing (was supposed to get a poster, never got it because the project went through so many different people).

Add to this original kaiju, which are hit or miss, add to this plushies which are absolutely not for every one.

On top of all of this? You didn't even link the kickstarter. You're better off making these in your free time, if it's something you're passionate about (which it seems like you are, and you're clearly good at it too judging by the photo you posted) and selling them on something like Etsy or DeviantArt, rather than asking people to invest money in the project.

That's just my two cents, which I wasn't going to express, but I'm only expressing because you added in the comment about no one being interested. Also, not speaking for anyone else or telling you what to do or anything. Just my personal experiences with Kickstarter, how I've seen people personally react to them, etc. You do whatever brings you the most happiness.


I appreciate the reply. I created this to indicate there will be a Kickstarter, not that there is one at the moment. I’m in talks with manufactures and working with my artists to create the 10 characters art that will be in my first wave and the reference sheets for the toy maker. I wanted people to ask questions, talk, some sort of dialog on this concept as I am working hard on this. A lot of money is going out of my pocket to get everything set up and I still have a lot more to spend to reach my goal.

A good portion of Kaiju used in this Kickstarter are fairly well known in some Kaiju fandoms. I’m working with the people who created those characters.

For one, I am not the one making the toys with my two hands, as I have no skill in that field. That is a proof of concept prototype that was created by one of the manufactures I’m in talks with. Just to clarify.

I understand people’s feelings on Kickstarter projects. I’ve experienced the pain and anger of funding something and not receiving anything. I understand that. I’m not going to explain “WHY” anyone would to want to support my project, as everyone is entitled to feel and trust what they want. All I will say is that I have every intention to create these toys, and release them. I have spent a lot of money on this project and I’ve worked with so many people to get to this point to announce it here and once my concept art and official logo/logos are finished, there will be a Facebook and twitter page.

I’m very much an ideals man and I know this is a great idea and has the possibility to be successful because I’ve talked with random people, who hardly know anything about Godzilla related stuff and anything Kaiju related in general say they would want to get one of these Plushies. That’s astounding to me and very surprising. I’m taking full advantage of this idea. I want people to have these, and I want to have them created and I want to give back to the creators of the Kaiju I’m working with, as they very much deserve to have this. I’m not doing this for my gain alone, im doing this for these other creators too.

I want feedback, even if you don’t want to support, thoughts and conversation helps me out a lot. So you can call that comment bait if you’d like, it really doesn’t bother me or matter. I figured a place where people like talking about Kaiju would love this idea, but time will tell. I’d like to keep updating my status here, but if no ones interested, then there will be no point of me updating here as I have a very busy schedule ( work, personal life, college, this project, etc.).
Last edited by Havoks on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuddly Kaijus!!!!: A kaiju plush toy kickstarter!!!!https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27918

User avatar
Havoks
Samurai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Havoks » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Beast Blood wrote:
Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?

I'm a big fan of plushies, so I'm definitely interested. I would have answered sooner had I even seen this thread before. I tend not to visit the site often.

There is a combination of my own characters (like above!!!) and other creators kaiju

Does that mean you would take requests/commissions? Because I would be ready to throw my money at my screen if it meant someone would make me plooshies of my beasties.


I appreciate your interest, thank you! So regarding requests or commissions, there is no plans for that at this point and time. Now if this were to be successful and people do want more different Kaiju, that is entirely a different story. Right now, I’m working with some creators I’ve know from in the past and working with artists that I’ve communicated with in the past. They are also gaining a percentage of the profits for their characters sales, something to note.

The plan is to get official prototypes based on the concept art and reference sheets finished. The art is being worked on and I’m dealing with my finances to fund the prototypes. So here’s a listing on how things are going to be done.

1. Art. Art must be completed, once it is, the Facebook and twitter page will be set up.

2. Prototypes. Once the art is finished, I will choose my manufacture, and order the prototypes from them. Once I receive the prototypes, then the Kickstarter can be set up. Health concerns and other saftey related matters will be attended to before the Kickstarter is set.

3. Kickstarter. If successful, I would love to set up a website, so it’s easier to sell the toys and possibly a forum. The forum can be used to discuss Kaiju or nerd culture in general and could be used for discussion regarding what Kaiju they want as Plush toys, voting, special events, etc.

4. Future? I would love to continue the plush toys, but I’ve also thought about posable toys too. That’s a far feteched idea but I do find it interesting amoung some of my other ideas. Possible business can come of it too.
Kuddly Kaijus!!!!: A kaiju plush toy kickstarter!!!!https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27918

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Kuddly Kaijus!!! Kaiju Plush Toy Kickstarter!

Postby Maritonic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:15 am

Havoks wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Havoks wrote:Is no one interested here about my Kaiju project I’m working on?


I really hate when people bait like this

Here's the thing. Kickstarters, in general, are iffy for some people. Myself being 100% one of those people. I think I have backed one project in my entire life and it took 8 years for it to be completed and I got stiffed on my reward for my backing (was supposed to get a poster, never got it because the project went through so many different people).

Add to this original kaiju, which are hit or miss, add to this plushies which are absolutely not for every one.

On top of all of this? You didn't even link the kickstarter. You're better off making these in your free time, if it's something you're passionate about (which it seems like you are, and you're clearly good at it too judging by the photo you posted) and selling them on something like Etsy or DeviantArt, rather than asking people to invest money in the project.

That's just my two cents, which I wasn't going to express, but I'm only expressing because you added in the comment about no one being interested. Also, not speaking for anyone else or telling you what to do or anything. Just my personal experiences with Kickstarter, how I've seen people personally react to them, etc. You do whatever brings you the most happiness.


I appreciate the reply. I created this to indicate there will be a Kickstarter, not that there is one at the moment. I’m in talks with manufactures and working with my artists to create the 10 characters art that will be in my first wave and the reference sheets for the toy maker. I wanted people to ask questions, talk, some sort of dialog on this concept as I am working hard on this. A lot of money is going out of my pocket to get everything set up and I still have a lot more to spend to reach my goal.

A good portion of Kaiju used in this Kickstarter are fairly well known in some Kaiju fandoms. I’m working with the people who created those characters.

For one, I am not the one making the toys with my two hands, as I have no skill in that field. That is a proof of concept prototype that was created by one of the manufactures I’m in talks with. Just to clarify.

I understand people’s feelings on Kickstarter projects. I’ve experienced the pain and anger of funding something and not receiving anything. I understand that. I’m not going to explain “WHY” anyone would to want to support my project, as everyone is entitled to feel and trust what they want. All I will say is that I have every intention to create these toys, and release them. I have spent a lot of money on this project and I’ve worked with so many people to get to this point to announce it here and once my concept art and official logo/logos are finished, there will be a Facebook and twitter page.

I’m very much an ideals man and I know this is a great idea and has the possibility to be successful because I’ve talked with random people, who hardly know anything about Godzilla related stuff and anything Kaiju related in general say they would want to get one of these Plushies. That’s astounding to me and very surprising. I’m taking full advantage of this idea. I want people to have these, and I want to have them created and I want to give back to the creators of the Kaiju I’m working with, as they very much deserve to have this. I’m not doing this for my gain alone, im doing this for these other creators too.

I want feedback, even if you don’t want to support, thoughts and conversation helps me out a lot. So you can call that comment bait if you’d like, it really doesn’t bother me or matter. I figured a place where people like talking about Kaiju would love this idea, but time will tell. I’d like to keep updating my status here, but if no ones interested, then there will be no point of me updating here as I have a very busy schedule ( work, personal life, college, this project, etc.).


Alright so judging by your reply to me and others, your comment wasn't actually bait but genuine desire for conversation so I apologize for that. That's the cynicism of forum conversation getting to me.

Don't really have much else to say otherwise. I didn't think this was a bad idea necessarily, and obviously you're not some Etsy kid looking for extra cash to help with his hobby. This is a legitmate thing for you. So I made a generalization about you and I apologize for that as well.

I will say that, sadly most kickstarter threads don't seem to get much traffic on here, at least from what I have personally seen. I could absolutely be mistaken, though. I'm curious what other kaiju you are working on that are known in the fandom.

You explained yourself to a point where I don't have much to say except I apologize for jumping to conclusions about your intentions and your goals with this. I actually will keep my eye on this, as I'd love to get some plushes for my son down the line.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?


Return to “Fan Art, Music, Movies & Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests