Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by MandaSaurus »

Steel Hellkite wrote:Holy heck, has it really been 2015 since the first non-goji? That really doesn't sound right...
It isn't. The line debuted in 2011 with the first Heisei Goji and Heisei MG. MOGERA came out the next year, and so did SpaceG...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Steel Hellkite wrote:Holy heck, has it really been 2015 since the first non-goji? That really doesn't sound right...
It isn't. The line debuted in 2011 with the first Heisei Goji and Heisei MG. MOGERA came out the next year, and so did SpaceG...
That's not what he's saying. He's saying 2015 was the last time we got a non-Godzilla figure.

Which, Mr. Hellkite, the answer is no. Our last non-Godzilla figure was 1974 Mechagodzilla last year.

RIP Evan.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Gamera 1995: Am I a joke to you?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I'd also love to see them tackle some other Gamera monsters. Iris would be amazing.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:
I can't even fathom in what way you could misread what he posted to this degree.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
I can't even fathom in what way you could misread what he posted to this degree.
Some folks consider anything Godzilla-like, to be an iteration of Goji...

SoggyNoodles2016

MandaSaurus wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
This still doesn't explain why you started talking about the origins of the line.

Actually no, that doesn't explain your statement in general

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
What in the fuck are you talking about

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I think he's trying to say that something like MG74 would count as another iteration of Goji.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
I think he's trying to say that something like MG74 would count as another iteration of Goji.
I don't think that's true considering he started this...attempt of a message with a tirade about how the line started.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
That's not what he's saying. He's saying 2015 was the last time we got a non-Godzilla figure.

Which, Mr. Hellkite, the answer is no. Our last non-Godzilla figure was 1974 Mechagodzilla last year.
He means it’s been since 2015 that we’ve had a figure that isn’t Godzilla or Mechagodzilla excluding the KOTM stuff. And no the Gamera figures don’t really count as they are technically a different part of the line like the alien and predator figures.
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Go easy on Manda you bullies. You're just jealous that you don't have superior eagle eyed abilities
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoggyNoodles2016

godzilla1541 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:

He means it’s been since 2015 that we’ve had a figure that isn’t Godzilla or Mechagodzilla excluding the KOTM stuff. And no the Gamera figures don’t really count as they are technically a different part of the line like the alien and predator figures.
Hmmm. He didn't mention Mechag, but you might be right.

Repaint wise, last one was the Battra SCV in 2017.
Non-repaint wise, either 2015 for MKG or if you consider him a retool, 2014 with the Larva set.

Shit, son.

RIP Evan.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Last new Godzilla related mold that isn't a Godzilla iteration was Mecha- King Ghidorah, Feb 2015. The last repaint of anything was September 2018, Godzilla Earth.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Oh, I thought something happened with this many posts. I guess I misspoke, I should have said since the last non Goji figure, not the first. I think I understand how Manda got that confused. And no, I do not consider Mechagodzilla a Godzilla incarnation. I just kind of forgot that one existed because I did not get it. But seriously, ignoring a singular Mechagodzilla release and the king of the monsters figures, we have to go all the way back to Mecha King Ghidorah... that's absolutely bloody crazy. Oh wait, there was the poster version Mechagodzilla. If we want to count that. Though I can see why some wouldn't.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Poster Mechagodzilla is TECHNICALLY a Chogokin release, not SHMA.

Either way, the driving point is that there's been nothing new that doesnt have Godzilla in the name since 2015.

Part of this was due to licensing for the longest of time.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Naruto65 wrote:Poster Mechagodzilla is TECHNICALLY a Chogokin release, not SHMA.

Either way, the driving point is that there's been nothing new that doesnt have Godzilla in the name since 2015.

Are you saying that licensing is NOT an issue any more? :eh:

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

Is SHMA bringing back the '64 Special color Godzilla in Oct? BBTT has it as a pre order, but pre order sold out, estimated coming in Oct. '19 for $64. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/18836
Last edited by LynnBob 1967 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
PHIL 4:13

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

LynnBob 1967 wrote:Is SHMA bringing back the '64 Special color Godzilla in Oct? BBTT has it as a pre order, but pre order sold out, estimated coming in Oct. '19 for $64. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/18836
That’s the original. They probably found some old stock they never sold. Same thing happened with Gamera 96 when 99 came out. It was being sold for MSRP

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:Poster Mechagodzilla is TECHNICALLY a Chogokin release, not SHMA.

Are you saying that licensing is NOT an issue any more? :eh:
That particular issue was resolved. Basically WB had the rights and wasn't doing anything with it because they only wanted people to buy their 2014 stuff. Then Toho terminated that licensing contract. That ended when Frozen Godzilla and Godzilla 2002 were up for preorder.