Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Got my 2021 MG. I used shock oil very carefully to make sure all the joints moved okay, and so far, I haven't had any breaks. It looks great, and man it is a big beast.

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:46 am Got my 2021 MG. I used shock oil very carefully to make sure all the joints moved okay, and so far, I haven't had any breaks. It looks great, and man it is a big beast.

Your diorama is incredible!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:48 am
Poe Ghostal wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:46 am Got my 2021 MG. I used shock oil very carefully to make sure all the joints moved okay, and so far, I haven't had any breaks. It looks great, and man it is a big beast.

Your diorama is incredible!
Thank you!

The buildings were made by Tatemono Miniaturas https://www.instagram.com/tatemono.mini/

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Amazon canceled my MechaGodzilla today, very frustrated.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

This is why I've tended to go through BBTS for my preorders, Amazon has had all sorts of odd issues with cancelling, often with the product showing up for sale shortly after, so it wasn't like they had their stock not show up.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:47 pm Amazon canceled my MechaGodzilla today, very frustrated.
Same?

Its no longer in my order history or in pending shipment OR even Canceled Orders. Its on my mothers Amazon Prime so I need to verify if she got a cancellation email or not. No email and it got canceled i'm going to customer care. As someone who works parcel shipment, im ok with just an email because i'm not a people person myself and I can relate not reaching out to call. But you DO NOT just ghost cancel orders and fucking remove ANY RECORD of it being placed. I can care less if you Ghost Cancel me, but you DO NOT fucking remove any trace of it.

Added in 15 minutes 27 seconds:
Yup. Went 2 years back in Order History. Its erased entirely. Good job Amazon!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

KingKaiju wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:15 am ooooh boy!! This got me thinking ahead, and getting way ahead of myself!!!

2023 - Megalon
2024 - King seesar
2025 - Titanosaurus

Watch none of this happen!!
I'm thinking '23 will be for Jet Jaguar and '24/'25 for Mechagodzilla (plus Godzilla's 70th/possible new movie).

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm shocked that we're in 2022, on the final season of Attack on Titan, and Bandai has yet to even hint at a Titan line. Not for their vinyls, not for their figuarts, not even for their Monsterarts.

You'd think Bandai would be foaming at the mouth for the $$$ here. Everyone wants an Attack Titan, Armored Titan, Jaw Titan, Colossal Titan, the sky is the limit on regular Titan variants, and that's not even getting into the human figures.

They'd have a full grasp on the market as well considering there is no other company doing it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Good Smile has the AOT license. And Good Smile has basically proven they don't give a shit about anything that isn't human, sadly.
Last edited by Moth on Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moth wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:56 am Good Smile has the AOT license. And Good Smile has basically proven they don't give a poop about anything that isn't human, sadly.
Really? Dang that blows, I wonder if its possible for AOT to distribute its license to other companies?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Honestly, the titans are really ugly. It would be awkward to sell them in stores. And I love AOT.
Last edited by Anguirus on Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:58 pm Honestly, the titans are really ugly. It would be awkward to sell them I'm stores. And I love AOT.
That's true lol, but Godzilla isn't much prettier! :lol:

I think SHMA would be the best bet for the license (If ever possible), I'm sure they'd be a major hit in Japan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:11 pm
Anguirus wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:58 pm Honestly, the titans are really ugly. It would be awkward to sell them I'm stores. And I love AOT.
That's true lol, but Godzilla isn't much prettier! :lol:

I think SHMA would be the best bet for the license (If ever possible), I'm sure they'd be a major hit in Japan.

Godzilla >Shin Godzilla> the Titans.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Hoo, long time since I've logged in. I don't know if anyone hasn't gotten their Singular Point Goji yet, but if they were on the fence because of price Gamestop currently has it on sale for $97.74 and a "buy $75 save 10%, buy $125 save 20%" deal going on, so you can get it for ~$78 with free shipping if you play your cards right.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:01 pm It's an all in campaign, meaning even if they don't reach the goal, they're still making it and will keep the funds people sent promised for the selected rewards. You can pick up exclusive rewards like a new xplus figure based off the new suit or an exclusive bluray of the upcoming short they'll produce, and even get a thank you credit in the credits.
On an unrelated note, I'm guessing Gamestop's April 15 release date for SCV Ghidorah will prove wildly inaccurate?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Well, BBTS had it set for February, and I estimated at least a two month margin of error, so clearly I'm about to be wrong. Still, with how everything else has been going, my plan so far is to wait till it comes in and ship my whole POL at once if possible, both to save on shipping and reduce running around to get it if the PO messes up and holds the box again.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Shitty Mechagodzilla arrived! Although I'm starting to slightly appreciate the design more now that I have a figure of it. The tail is amazingly flexible on this thing and really holds a pose. I wish all SH tails were like this one.

Legs are fine. I've been careful with them.

Now my Monsterverse shelf is finally complete... save for the skullcrawler, but, eh, I'm not expecting figure of that anytime soon.

eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Nice setup. Godzilla and MG roaring at each other over top of Kong looks cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Ghidorah: "Come one, come all, the prize fight of the century! Step right up, folks and place your bets-"
Kong: "Now we're gonna have a good clean fight here, no monkey business, so when I drop this axe you two are gonna-"

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Still waiting like most of us here it seems to get my hands on SCV Ghidorah. Pre-ordered from BBTS back in Summer 2021 ams now it seems like it might be close to 10-12 months from pre-order that we actually get our hands on it. Shame since a lot of the toy reviewers got it already for at least a month now. Patience is a virtue, but does anyone know when the figure may finally drop to the masses here stateside?

May avoid pre-orders in the future with BBTS given the inaccuracy of the release timeline and now that Ganestop seems to be putting Monsterarts on sale at what might be the lowest prices I've seen for them in a whole. Paying $60-70 for G89 back on Cyber Monday was like a blast from the past lol.