Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Eknight invoices are coming in (just paid mine) but I've heard nothing from AwesomeCollector.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:06 am Eknight invoices are coming in (just paid mine) but I've heard nothing from AwesomeCollector.
They're meant to be shipping out throughout this week from AwesomeCollector but I haven't heard anything from them.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Got an email from BBTS that my Kong preorder would be processing “soon”. Which with BBTS could be tomorrow, or sometime next week (or maybe next month!)... still, that’s a good sign.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Awesome collectors has shipped!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Damn! Hoping to get that shipped email from
Awesome Collector soon.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Looks like my Kong at BBTS is finally processing so hope that means it is finally going to ship out within a day or two. The video reviews definitely have my excited to get it. Looking forward to displaying it with my 2019 Godzilla.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

There's a bigge monke what just showed up at BBTS
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

My Kong arrived today!

Had to rescue him out of the 92° heat on the porch...he was quite warm when I opened him and his joints were loose because of that, and he had a strong new-toy smell. But he's cooling down and resting comfortably now. (And by resting comfortably, I mean beating his chest and roaring on my Monsterverse shelf.)

I was worried he might feel small in-hand, especially after owning three(!) different NECA Kongs, but he fits just fine alongside the other MV MonsterArts.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Gottem!!!! Small, but awesome! Finally, an official Godzilla-Universe Kong!! Material is like a soft plastic, joints are hard. So he careful, and don't force him around too much.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yay! Kong arrived to my Pile of loot. Just paid to ship him and Goji home. Hopefully they process the shipping order quickly! Just watched the film again last night and can’t wait to get these guys in hand!

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

They are here! This is awesome, love this figs. But now im sort of wondering, you guys think we might get extra figs of these two? I mean because its been a while and we still got no info on what maybe a neon colors highlighted figures? That would be nice and i think has been mention a couple of times. Is just by this point i think we had announced the special color version of godzilla and the burning g too.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

SHMA loves it’s repaints. I’ll never hold it past them.

I'm having a blast with this figure though! A pose I've wanted to make since I heard the rumor of Rodan being in the film. Obviously, it wasn't true, but I was hoping that, in the case that it was, we'd get an homage to the Pteradacyl fight from the original Kong.

And of course Baragon is always good canon-fodder.

Last edited by KingKaiju on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:35 pm They are here! This is awesome, love this figs. But now im sort of wondering, you guys think we might get extra figs of these two? I mean because its been a while and we still got no info on what maybe a neon colors highlighted figures? That would be nice and i think has been mention a couple of times. Is just by this point i think we had announced the special color version of godzilla and the burning g too.
Have to remember all the delays this movie has been hit with and that it may affect future releases (MG21 already affected).

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Anyone who has Kong get grease/oil/paint on their hands? Played with Kong for around an hour and had sticky black stuff on my fingers similar to what rubs on you when opening the hood of a car.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Andagi1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm Anyone who has Kong get grease/oil/paint on their hands? Played with Kong for around an hour and had sticky black stuff on my fingers similar to what rubs on you when opening the hood of a car.
Well, usually when you play with your monkey, it does get a lil messy.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I got my Kong yesterday.

I love him though I was forced to use nail polish on his arm joints because he REFUSED to stay together. Not sure if this was a flaw with my figure or if it's because it sat at home in 84 degrees until I got home from work

RIP Evan.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:09 am
Andagi1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm Anyone who has Kong get grease/oil/paint on their hands? Played with Kong for around an hour and had sticky black stuff on my fingers similar to what rubs on you when opening the hood of a car.
Well, usually when you play with your monkey, it does get a lil messy.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 am I got my Kong yesterday.

I love him though I was forced to use nail polish on his arm joints because he REFUSED to stay together. Not sure if this was a flaw with my figure or if it's because it sat at home in 84 degrees until I got home from work
Nope, that's mine as well. The joints are just so tight that any attempt to pose it just makes the limbs fall apart. It's awful. I'd return it, but I think I'm just gonna hold onto it until I can resell it for more later on.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I don’t have mine in hand yet so I can’t comment specifically on king, but have you tried some silicone grease? I’ve found it to work wonders on tight figure joints. It looks like clear jelly so I usually just dip a toothpick in it and get a drop on the tip of the toothpick then just touch it to the edge/seam of where the ball and socket join each other. Let it seep into the joint and then try moving the joint a bit to work the grease in and see if it frees up well. Keep repeating one drop at a time until the joint works properly.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 am I don’t have mine in hand yet so I can’t comment specifically on king, but have you tried some silicone grease? I’ve found it to work wonders on tight figure joints. It looks like clear jelly so I usually just dip a toothpick in it and get a drop on the tip of the toothpick then just touch it to the edge/seam of where the ball and socket join each other. Let it seep into the joint and then try moving the joint a bit to work the grease in and see if it frees up well. Keep repeating one drop at a time until the joint works properly.
I'm trying to figure out whether they're too tight (silicone grease) or too loose (nail polish). I'll have to fiddle with mine more, but for now he's locked in his mid-jump pose in my display.

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary