Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Moth »

Yeah, I said if you're impatient :)
Either the cheap one is an outlier or the future ones will be that price, hopefully! Waiting for a Shin to pop up...
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 pm Gaaah, i can’t choose between Gigan, Biollante, or saving for the inevitable MG21

...probably go with Gigan because of all those sick accessories
HMMMM...Looking at you and what you've put up in your happy space, it seems pretty crystal clear to me which one you should go for....😉

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:05 pm Pulled the trigger on Millenium Gigan. Gigan is one of my favorites and if i didn’t get the rerelease now i wouldn’t be able to get it anytime later
One of my favorites as well. Gigan is one of those figures I wanted to get years ago, but I didn't have the money at the time, so seeing the re-release is actually awesome. Still, I doubt I'll be getting it; most of my purchases are for art supplies these days. I'd say that was a great choice, considering the number of accessories and how high the aftermarket prices are for the original release. It's hard to choose between Biollante, Mechagodzilla, and Gigan, though.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'd go Biollante just because her aftermarket prices are fucking ridiculous.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Did you guys see the tamashii poll reguarding what figures we want next? 2004 goji got first place, 2nd mg 21, Wasted votes IMO we know hes coming. 3rd was.... ZILLA :D

Really hope we get those two. The rest of the list was mostly showa! Anguirus, gigan jet jag, 2001 baragon showa ghidorah

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Putting stock in fan votes is a net loss.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I feel like Final Wars is undergoing the same renaissance as the SW prequels - little kids who loved FW are now old enough to want (and afford) merch.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:48 am I feel like Final Wars is undergoing the same renaissance as the SW prequels - little kids who loved FW are now old enough to want (and afford) merch.
Literally everywhere other than TK i’ve seen love and support for FinalGoji

More and more am i convinced this forum is for the contrarians and purists of the fandom :lol:
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:24 am Putting stock in fan votes is a net loss.
Putting stock in you is a net loss ;)

Seriously though, it’s pretty clear everyone other than like, two people want and really love FinalGoji
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:18 amLiterally everywhere other than TK i’ve seen love and support for FinalGoji

More and more am i convinced this forum is for the contrarians and purists of the fandom :lol:
I'm an older fan (started with the Showa films on Creature Double Feature in the 1980s), and FW isn't one of my favorites, but it is one that I just recommended to one of my friends to show his kid as an introduction to Godzilla (outside the MV films which he's already seen). I don't like Shin Godzilla at all, but I'm glad it exists. As far as I'm concerned, anything and everything that brings more fans to Godzilla and keeps the franchise alive is a very good thing. Godziban, Shin, Planet of the Monsters, Singular Point - it's all good, it's all Godzilla.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Thu May 06, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Final Wars is the only one I expect and that's solely because I'm 80% positive they're releasing it in tandem with FW Gigan.

Rest I'd love to see but are very unlikely.

We've been though this before, guys. Don't let yourselves get burned again

RIP Evan.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 am Did you guys see the tamashii poll reguarding what figures we want next? 2004 goji got first place, 2nd mg 21, Wasted votes IMO we know hes coming. 3rd was.... ZILLA :D

Really hope we get those two. The rest of the list was mostly showa! Anguirus, gigan jet jag, 2001 baragon showa ghidorah
Saw it, and was surprised that neither G84 nor film version G99 made the list:

Last edited by G1985 on Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Megalon above Anguirus? what is this madness?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

the-killer-wc wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 am Megalon above Anguirus? what is this madness?
The correct madness ;)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

True madness would be Obsidious over Showa King Ghidorah, Megalon and Angurius SHMA would be equally awesome

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Super hyped for the eventual FinalGoji and MG21! Already thinking about how i’ll pose the both of them

I know I’ve said this an obnoxious amount of time, but I’m really, really, really hoping for some SP SHMA’s soon. The designs are way too good not to have any figures of them

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Oh I would go into crippling debt for that Varan SHMA.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 am Megalon above Anguirus? what is this madness?
As far as I can tell, this was based off solely gifs the initial tweet was retquoted with/likes on those tweets.

That's why FinalGoji is top. There were at least 3 and it was specifically asking what people would like to see after Final Wars Gigan, so there's a correlation to see it

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I really hope we get the Showa KG figure. I’d so buy that in an instant!
For Emperor and Empire!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I wouldn't take the end result seriously like these have to made now. I just added up all the gifs posted and this was the result. Even more have been added since it was posted so I'm sure the results may different now anyways. What you can take from this is that Tamashii is again seeing what targeted demo is super excited about, even if it is a small amount by comparison.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

What sucks is they don't see Showa as money makers.