Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Maritonic »

Thanks sleep deprivation!
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Maritonic wrote:Okay so I have questions.

Don't get all pissy, I'm honestly just wondering what people think. Ghiddy clearly has a finger on his wing. Jakks has it on their figure. The Monsterarts does not. Is there a reason for this?
Easy explanation. The sculpt isn’t completely accurate and it’s most likely based off concept art or an early design. The horns on the SH are also too big and some stuff is wrong. When Neca does eventually reveal theirs we should see some minor differences in the details as Neca should using the complete CG Files. Should be interesting to see the differences
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

The first of many issues I predict the KG will have.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Nice, I missed the HLJ pre-order but caught the BBTS one.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

These figures also use the CGI data with sculpting direction from Sakai and Wakasa. It looks like JAKKS is the one that added that finger.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Yeaaah, I'm not seeing wjere the supposed finger the Monsterarts is missing is in that gif.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The "finger" in the GIF is at the end of Ghidorah's wings with the others. This is Jakks' doing.

Ghidorah doesn't have a wing finger.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

You know what, admittedly I'm now seeing my sleep deprivation was making me see his wing tips as those fingers when he unfolded his wings. So, my bad.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:The "finger" in the GIF is at the end of Ghidorah's wings with the others. This is Jakks' doing.

Ghidorah doesn't have a wing finger.
Yeah that's exactly what I was seeing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Hmm. Guess it’s just faulty memory for us because I did remember a finger. However. Did anyone else notice the heads on the SHMA are exactly the same. They should have slightly different horns and face details. From the early concept art we’ve seen Ghidorah originally had identical heads. But In Recent photos and posters it’s obvious his heads have different horn shapes ala Kaiser Ghidorah

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Here we go...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Ya'll go ahead & discuss KG's hangnail - it isn't exactly a deal-breaker, however it's looked at...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:Ya'll go ahead & discuss KG's hangnail - it isn't exactly a deal-breaker, however it's looked at...
Did ya miss the part where I (the person who brought it up) said I was seeing things? Therefore there's nothing to discuss? I worry about you sometimes, Manda. I miss Shin Manda more every day.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:Ya'll go ahead & discuss KG's hangnail - it isn't exactly a deal-breaker, however it's looked at...
well MAYBE it is for SOME people

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Saw another Gamera 99 at the mall. Bottom row of teeth worse than the other store. Ugh. I love that design and would consider getting him if I can find one without terrible paint apps on the teeth. Has anyone got one that isnt a total disaster on the teeth?
SpaceG92 wrote:

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Maritonic wrote:You know what, admittedly I'm now seeing my sleep deprivation was making me see his wing tips as those fingers when he unfolded his wings. So, my bad.
Just a reminder that there is nothing to discuss because the person who brought it up admitted to being wrong.
Move on people!

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Godzilla21 wrote:Saw another Gamera 99 at the mall. Bottom row of teeth worse than the other store. Ugh. I love that design and would consider getting him if I can find one without terrible paint apps on the teeth. Has anyone got one that isnt a total disaster on the teeth?
I'm afraid to say that they all have that issue my dude. It sucks cause I also really wanted G3 it's my favorite look.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:Saw another Gamera 99 at the mall. Bottom row of teeth worse than the other store. Ugh. I love that design and would consider getting him if I can find one without terrible paint apps on the teeth. Has anyone got one that isnt a total disaster on the teeth?
Man, where are you seeing these things in malls? I wish...

Were they okay enough that you could potentially fix them? You KNOW how I feel about this crap but if you liike the design that much...

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:

Were they okay enough that you could potentially fix them? You KNOW how I feel about this crap but if you liike the design that much...
My local mall has a few anime shops and they carry SHMA and XP. Insane inflated prices though. GMK is $169.99 lol.

I have no faith in my painting abilities. So I guess I'm just going to write it off
SpaceG92 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

My local mall has a few anime shops and they carry SHMA and XP. Insane inflated prices though. GMK is $169.99 lol.

I have no faith in my painting abilities. So I guess I'm just going to write it off
YIKES that's a lot.

It's too bad, because that seems to be the only real QC issue with it. But it's really consistent.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
well MAYBE it is for SOME people
Well, I have more important things to worry about than KG's hangnail - or absence of it... :freak:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote: Well, I have more important things to worry about than KG's hangnail - or absence of it... :freak:
Yes, so does everyone else hence why we aren't talking about it anymore since I said I fucked up and was seeing things. Jesus.