Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by miguelnuva »

Glad to see X but on a side note, I wonder why Monster X wasn't just called Keizer or KeizerX.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Moth wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:32 pm On one hand
-2004 Mothra is a guarantee at this point.
Other hand
-Monster X got made before Anguirus in this line
I'm not sure whether they will make all the minor role monsters from Final Wars.

I hope they will produce those someday.

I really want that 2004 Mothra. Mothra deserves more Monsterarts. It had so few figures compare to its various incarnations.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:34 pm
Moth wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:32 pm On one hand
-2004 Mothra is a guarantee at this point.
Other hand
I'm not sure whether they will make all the minor role monsters from Final Wars.

I hope they will produce those someday.

I really want that 2004 Mothra. Mothra deserves more Monsterarts. It had so few figures compare to its various incarnations.
Mothra has a lot going in her favor here
-completes the final battle four
-can double for 2003 mothra
-it's mothra!!!!
-everyone loves mothra!!!!!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

That price tag a bit aggressive for a normal sized figure with only a wrist accessory but they know that this is the only Monster X released in ages. Requested it and SCV Ghidorah 2019 in the poll last year and they delivered lol.

It is a definite purchase but after seeing this ridiculous wait for Ghidorah 2019 with BBTS, gonna have to think more about where I pre-prder from. Any recs?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Moth wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:32 pm Other hand
Is it bad that I had the exact same thought :lol: MX looks great. The articulation looks on point.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Man, what a comeback this line has had from the endless onslaught of Godzilla variants and repaints. Monster X is genuinely one of the most obscure choices they could've chosen. If you had me guess what I'd think the next 20 Monsterarts characters would be outside of more Godzillas, I doubt Monster X would make the list. And yeah, I know we have Godzilla 2004 and Gigan, but those two are featured in many toy lines that exclude Monster X. Monster X really doesn't have that many toys period. Case in point, I think this is his first 6-inch scale figure, right?

Legitimately the most shocking reveal I can remember in this line, but as DirektorSplennic noted, Monster X was born for this line. Lack of Showa still stings, undeniably, but man, I cannot complain with choices like this. Love it. Really hoping Godzilla 2004 turns out good, cause I definitely want to get that FW trio.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm It is a definite purchase but after seeing this ridiculous wait for Ghidorah 2019 with BBTS, gonna have to think more about where I pre-prder from. Any recs?
I've found that Awesome Collector gets my stuff in fairly quick. I've only ordered from them a couple times, though.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

YES.

FINAL WARS SUPREMACY.

INSTANT BUY.

LOVE IT.

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I hope Monster X’s reveal means there’s hope for Megaguirus and Orga. They can’t be any less unpopular in Japan, right?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Just ordered Monster X. It's nice to see some new characters recently that are not Godzilla himself or re-issues. Orga, Megaguirus plus a suit-accurate G'99/'00 would be nuts, indeed. I'd like a little more Showa stuff, too, though.
Size DOES matter!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh where is Monster X up for preorder?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ I provided my japanese middleman service of choice with Monster X's BANDAI webshop link and they'll handle everything else from there on.
Size DOES matter!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh okay thanks! Then I can probably wait for it at Big Bad Toys or Just Anime.
I remember the 2021 Mechagodzilla frenzy was nuts.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm It is a definite purchase but after seeing this ridiculous wait for Ghidorah 2019 with BBTS, gonna have to think more about where I pre-prder from. Any recs?
I'm an Awesome Collector guy these days. I find they usually have the best prices. Even if they don't, Jason is incredibly easy to deal with.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I was wondering if we might get a Hedorah 'evolutions' type set but then I saw the price and realized that would never work. I re-watched the parts of Final Wars and I see that the weird winged conjoined-triplet sauropod Ghidorah has so MUCH mass that would have to be included to be remotely in scale with the Monsterarts FW Godzilla that it would probably be more than the entire Hedorah pack by itself. I think the Biollante-price-range guess is actually very close to right if they make it.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

PO is up for monster x on hobby genki

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:17 pm PO is up for monster x on hobby genki
Thanks, just signed for an account with them for my pre-order. The Monster X figure looks fantastic, really excited to create a diorama with the other Final Arts figures (my 2004 Godzilla was ordered with AmiAmi which hopefully ships soon!!) Keizer Gidora and Mothra 2004 would have me in dreamland.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I have not been so excited for a Monster X release in forever.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Pictures have been coming in of Final-Goji and he seems like a very solid release as far as I can see, no major issues at least. I'm sure I'll be grabbing one.

https://twitter.com/asai526/status/1519 ... 13/photo/1

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52081020.html

I REALLY wish they'd give us a new beam effect though at some point. All these Godzillas and if I want to display pretty much any of them with a beam I still fall back on the beam that came with Godzilla 1994... which was a decade ago now.

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:04 am I have not been so excited for a Monster X release in forever.
Probably because there hasn't been one in forever. Outside of X-Plus, there hasn't been much since the movie came out to my knowledge.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun May 01, 2022 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Big Bad Toy Store has Monster X up for pre-order!