Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by master_of_monsters »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: They do like fine. Actually they look great. I have the Obsidian Fury and Bracer Phoenix. My point was that I really want most of the Jaegers in that scale.

Frankly they shouldn't have stopped the HG line since those were fun to build.
I don't disagree plus they honestly looked better than the damashii versions
They had a lot more details. Obsidian Fury for instance has actual separate teeth in the chainsaw parts on the models kit, while on the Damashii version the chainsaw teeth are molded on a plastic line and from a distance they look like paddles instead of cutting weapons.
right? same with the select version, albeit they didn't have the burning color but they were sculpted pretty well. only thing I don't like is he's too tall compared with the old NECAs
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
your source of self destruction

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Much prefer the HG figures over the NECA ones.

Can barely pose the NECA PacRim figures dynamically, and if you do (if you can even call it dynamically), and they happen to fall, say goodbye to the 30+ bucks you just spent. Every figure from the OG PacRim i had, broke at the hips.

The kaiju aren't such a problem since they're top heavy.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

CicadaMan
Yojimbo

Post by CicadaMan »

CicadaMan wrote:Unless they want to remake every past release in the new scale and offer to replace purchased figures for free
you are aware this is bandai you're talking about right?
My point was that I don't want new figures to be out of scale with the stuff I already paid for. I wasn't saying that they'd replace everything.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

CicadaMan wrote:
CicadaMan wrote:Unless they want to remake every past release in the new scale and offer to replace purchased figures for free
My point was that I don't want new figures to be out of scale with the stuff I already paid for. I wasn't saying that they'd replace everything.
it's not like they'd absolutely have to stop making the smaller figures in exchange for larger deluxe versions (they kind of already did with that KKK goji but I'm more so aiming at just bigger scale no lights or music but maybe a roaring gimmick like the big NECA 2014 but better placement for the sound chip). Look at HG gunpla and MG gunpla for an analogy
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gunplas are smooth BAFs, probably wouldn't work the same with highly articulated, thoroughly sculpted molds like kaijus.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

_JNavs_ wrote:Gunplas are smooth BAFs, probably wouldn't work the same with highly articulated, thoroughly sculpted molds like kaijus.
that kiryu model kit seemed fine. regardless I just don't see a larger scaled deluxe line of figures meaning the end of the smaller scaled ones and believe that both lines can coexist if properly executed
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CicadaMan
Yojimbo

Post by CicadaMan »

CicadaMan wrote:
it's not like they'd absolutely have to stop making the smaller figures in exchange for larger deluxe versions (they kind of already did with that KKK goji but I'm more so aiming at just bigger scale no lights or music but maybe a roaring gimmick like the big NECA 2014 but better placement for the sound chip). Look at HG gunpla and MG gunpla for an analogy
That'd still be bad, you're still limiting the amount of releases that are in-scale with the rest of the line.

We have figures from every era so far, you can't mess with the scale of two figures that should fit together. There's nothing they could release right now that would really get around this, unless they go for Hanna Barbera or something. Everything else already has an established scale.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Hey dust can't seriously damage figures can it? My special color has been sitting in one or two positions for the past 3-4 years because its knee joint broke and I could never get it back in, and now there's white dustlike particles stuck in his super detailed skin that won't come out.

Also how can I get the dust out?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Hey dust can't seriously damage figures can it? My special color has been sitting in one or two positions for the past 3-4 years because its knee joint broke and I could never get it back in, and now there's white dustlike particles stuck in his super detailed skin that won't come out.

Also how can I get the dust out?
Canned air?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Canned air, synthetic fiber “feather” duster wand, or a soft bristled toothbrush. You can even use slightly soapy water with the toothbrush for really stubborn dirt or dust. Just be gentle with the scrubbing and obviously rinse all the soap off and thoroughly dry the figure afterwards.

And the best advice: get display cabinets with glass doors. Once I put my collection behind glass I basically stopped having to dust it. I’d go 2 or more years before even light dusting was really needed.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

wasn't there supposed to be more monster hunter figures at some kind of event or interview or something?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

master_of_monsters wrote:wasn't there supposed to be more monster hunter figures at some kind of event or interview or something?
Nothing that has been publically announced.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Naruto65 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:wasn't there supposed to be more monster hunter figures at some kind of event or interview or something?
Nothing that has been publically announced.
ah, but theres something at least

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Looks like P-Bandai has shipped the event exclusive "blue slurpee" G19. Should have it on Tuesday.

Think I like it better than the burning G19....breath effect aside.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

I already got it but damn it for that price I had to take it.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

That's a great deal!
Scored a garuda for about 65 dollars give or take. I just felt like I'd be missing out on the extras the og release came with, maybe in the future I will consider the new version. Now on to hunt mecha-g2.

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

I just got my Godzilla 2019 "Slurpee" edition. I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't an additional packaging box as mine had a few large creases on the top of the "shipping case" that corresponded to the actual figure packaging. Damages aside, the box art is great and the figure does look pretty damn cool.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

NickMockoviak wrote:I just got my Godzilla 2019 "Slurpee" edition. I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't an additional packaging box as mine had a few large creases on the top of the "shipping case" that corresponded to the actual figure packaging. Damages aside, the box art is great and the figure does look pretty damn cool.
Yeah that sucks...my burning G19 came like that from eknight but the slurpee edition came in its original shma outer shipping box from p-bandai and was fine.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

So if you haven't heard already, If you ordered ONE Event Exclusive edition Godzilla, it's guarenteed to be shipped in the brown protective box and not packaged and padded. I've seen some really bad excuses for packages. Frankly I'm just as surprised premium Bandai would be okay with mailing these out this way. Yes, it's fedex handling that's damaging these packages, but mailing in the brown protective box? I didn't even think that was an option as thin as it is.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

So is there a thread where I can see the newest updates for 9 modellism's stuff?