Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by goji89 »

Yes. And you should feel ashamed. Unless your like on some oral hygiene kick and like Goji with toothpaste mouth then no.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Had to inquire about the order status (granted I placed it during December :lol: ), but my anime girl Biollante is finally on its way. Looking forward to receiving it!
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Wonder if we will see a kong pic. And also i think the new G is worth it for the new hands and dorsal plate paint. Just do a head swap because those teeth are terrible
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

If Kong is on display I’ll snap a pic tomorrow. Going to the pop up store in the morning.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla's mouth looks very.. weird. Talk about odd design choices.

Have we gotten any annoucements when it comes to Singular Point figures?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:36 pm Yall with the 2019 are lucky, had mine for a few months before he fell off a shelf and exploded.

Now he's 300 dollars and my only chance to scoop the mold is with this minty mouth zilla.
If the head of your original G19 is still intact, you could just pop it on the G21 body if worse comes to worst.

Aside from the mouth paint, I'm really liking the G21. The spines look nice IMO.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

1tisoygoji wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:36 pm Yall with the 2019 are lucky, had mine for a few months before he fell off a shelf and exploded.

Now he's 300 dollars and my only chance to scoop the mold is with this minty mouth zilla.
If the head of your original G19 is still intact, you could just pop it on the G21 body if worse comes to worst.

Aside from the mouth paint, I'm really liking the G21. The spines look nice IMO.
Ya'know I actually kept it for my custom G14 headswap, but that's a good idea. I'll likely do that if they don't fix the jaws.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Well, they didn’t have Kong on display unfortunately. They did have a jaeger from the Netflix cartoon on display but I forgot to take a pic of it. Fwiw, I thought the toothpaste mouth didn’t look nearly as bad in person as it does in pics (even my pics below don’t do a good job showing how it looks in person). It is VERY reflective metallic paint and looks incredibly bright and “glow-y”. I personally would’ve maybe been a bit more restrained with its application around the outer edges but even as is it looks cool enough that I’m keeping my preorder.

The giant 6 foot tall Godzilla in the front window was pretty spectacular. Inside they had some props and one costume on display. I only managed to get one decent photo of a skull crawler egg, which was pretty neat.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm Well, they didn’t have Kong on display unfortunately. They did have a jaeger from the Netflix cartoon on display but I forgot to take a pic of it. Fwiw, I thought the toothpaste mouth didn’t look nearly as bad in person as it does in pics (even my pics below don’t do a good job showing how it looks in person). It is VERY reflective metallic paint and looks incredibly bright and “glow-y”. I personally would’ve maybe been a bit more restrained with its application around the outer edges but even as is it looks cool enough that I’m keeping my preorder.

The giant 6 foot tall Godzilla in the front window was pretty spectacular. Inside they had some props and one costume on display. I only managed to get one decent photo of a skull crawler egg, which was pretty neat.

I am soooo jelous and envious of you that I find it offensive and my feeling are hurt.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm Well, they didn’t have Kong on display unfortunately. They did have a jaeger from the Netflix cartoon on display but I forgot to take a pic of it. Fwiw, I thought the toothpaste mouth didn’t look nearly as bad in person as it does in pics (even my pics below don’t do a good job showing how it looks in person). It is VERY reflective metallic paint and looks incredibly bright and “glow-y”. I personally would’ve maybe been a bit more restrained with its application around the outer edges but even as is it looks cool enough that I’m keeping my preorder.

What an opportunity.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pmFwiw, I thought the toothpaste mouth didn’t look nearly as bad in person as it does in pics (even my pics below don’t do a good job showing how it looks in person). It is VERY reflective metallic paint and looks incredibly bright and “glow-y”. I personally would’ve maybe been a bit more restrained with its application around the outer edges but even as is it looks cool enough that I’m keeping my preorder.
The mouth does look much better in your photos. Thank you!
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It’s worth noting they had really good lighting set up on that “toothpaste” Goji. Including a tiny little spotlight pointed right at his face which really made the mouth look like it was glowing. I do wonder how good it will look in less ideal lighting on normal display. But in proper light, it looked pretty cool.

Honestly the store was really tiny. And it was mostly a tiny retail shop selling tamashii products. It was fun to see but probably not worth a trip into the city just for that alone. We’d been planning/promising to take the kids to NYC ever since we moved within day-trip driving distance this summer but the COVID restrictions have only recently loosened up enough to even consider actually doing so.

The only Godzilla merch they had for sale was the translucent blue convention exclusive Goji ‘19.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

It probably wouldn't look quite so bad if it included a freaking beam. Or if they went all-out on the "atomic blast" color scheme like NECA did on their figures, though that's a personal preference on my part.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I do wish Bandai would sculpt a new breath weapon. The one used for Spitfire was a bit thin and raggedy, which matched the weaker version seen in the 2014 film, but in KOTM and GvK it’s more of a straight beam.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Oh boy, is she a big bitch that takes up a lot of room. But I love her so much!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No matter how many fucking times I see people post Biollante pics even though I've had her for so long it makes me so unhappy.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I'm guessing we're not going to see Gamera villain kaiju anytime. Sigh. I wish they'd at least release one.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:21 pm Oh boy, is she a big female dog that takes up a lot of room. But I love her so much!

I'm looking forward to mine delivering. However, FedEx is doing some funny business. It's been stuck in the middle of the country for 5 days.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Well, if Kong wasn't on display at that pop-up shop before, he is now. Tamashii Nations posted this, unfortunately not great quality:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Niceeee.
Also, I know it won't happen, but please Bandai for the love of God make Pacific Rim kaiju in this line!