Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by _JNavs_ »

The problem with NECAs Rodan is that he's the size of Godzilla's shin, he should at least be waist high.

Which is where the Chad SHMA Rodan comes in.

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Huge shock, I know, but looks like the SHMA has way better articulation then the NECA but worse paint.

Guess I'll have to see reviews before locking in on NECA's Angry Bird
It really depends, SHMA's reminds me of the End-fight Rodan during the dim night, except he doesn't have the flamed tips. While NECA's tries to go for the Mexico look, except they just painted yellow polka-dots on his wings which are eyesores.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Naruto65 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:now that I've read SHM Rodan is bigger than Neca Rodan I'm curious just how much bigger.

Neca Rodan and Mothra are pretty tiny and fragile feeling.
Rodan stands at 5.5 inches with a wingspan of 15.7 inches.
So he ain’t in scale with Godzilla then. Seems fitting with how much of a proportional mess the SHMA Ghidorah is.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:now that I've read SHM Rodan is bigger than Neca Rodan I'm curious just how much bigger.

So he ain’t in scale with Godzilla then. Seems fitting with how much of a proportional mess the SHMA Ghidorah is.
eh, I think the thicker necks make more sense as to how he can lift other kaiju with his mouths over his look in the film
your source of self destruction

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

master_of_monsters wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
eh, I think the thicker necks make more sense as to how he can lift other kaiju with his mouths over his look in the film
It doesn’t make any sense if your trying to take a realism standpoint. Snakes (specifically constructors) are relatively thin and have small heads, yet can constrict do hard it stops animals from Inhaling. The thicker Necks and larger heads wouldn't allow for that kind of flexibility at all. The long and thin necks with the smaller heads makes way more sense if you know how snakes work(which this Ghidorah takes heavy influence from). Especially when combined with the fact the tails in the movie are also thinner and longer than on the SHMA which allows more grip, that he does utilize in the film.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:

Where are you getting that from? Did you do the full conversions from inches to feet? Rodan was 153 feet, Godzilla was 393ft, so it'd be appropriate for him to scale up to Godzilla's waist.

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
godzilla1541 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote: So he ain’t in scale with Godzilla then. Seems fitting with how much of a proportional mess the SHMA Ghidorah is.
It doesn’t make any sense if your trying to take a realism standpoint. Snakes (specifically constructors) are relatively thin and have small heads, yet can constrict do hard it stops animals from Inhaling. The thicker Necks and larger heads wouldn't allow for that kind of flexibility at all. The long and thin necks with the smaller heads makes way more sense if you know how snakes work(which this Ghidorah takes heavy influence from). Especially when combined with the fact the tails in the movie are also thinner and longer than on the SHMA which allows more grip, that he does utilize in the film.
This is also incorrect, constrictors, such as Pythons tend to be thicker and heavier so that they can overpower their prey and crush their windpipes/lungs. Thinner snakes such as Rattlesnakes rely on venom, while the non venomous types like Rat and Corn snakes tend to swallow whole.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
Where are you getting that from? Did you do the full conversions from inches to feet? Rodan was 153 feet, Godzilla was 393ft, so it'd be appropriate for him to scale up to Godzilla's upper waist.
Rodan should only be around 3 inches tall. 393 Divided by 154 is only 2.55. Making him a little over half of Godzilla’s Hight. I don’t have a Neca Rodan yet but from what I’ve seen it’s 4” front to back and IF it could stand correctly it would be 3” tall. The SHMA is clocking in at 5.5” which is the same Hight as Godzilla 1964. Who comes up to Godzilla’s shoulders. Rodan at this Hight Rodan is slightly too large to be in scale going off of the size stats. HOWEVER seeing as we have never seen this iteration of Rodan next to Godzilla in the film. I think the size could still work if you don’t particularly care about the stats and stuff. I do care about it but that’s just me.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The monsterarts figures look nice but have liberties with them while the Neca are accurate. Another reason to hate no Neca Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

miguelnuva wrote:The monsterarts figures look nice but have liberties with them while the Neca are accurate. Another reason to hate no Neca Ghidorah.
The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was probably for the best. The way Neca has half-assed the Godzilla line, better to have no Ghidorah than a botched attempt.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote: So he ain’t in scale with Godzilla then. Seems fitting with how much of a proportional mess the SHMA Ghidorah is.
Where are you getting that from? Did you do the full conversions from inches to feet? Rodan was 153 feet, Godzilla was 393ft, so it'd be appropriate for him to scale up to Godzilla's upper waist.
Rodan should only be around 3 inches tall. 393 Divided by 154 is only 2.55. Making him a little over half of Godzilla’s Hight. I don’t have a Neca Rodan yet but from what I’ve seen it’s 4” front to back and IF it could stand correctly it would be 3” tall. The SHMA is clocking in at 5.5” which is the same Hight as Godzilla 1964. Who comes up to Godzilla’s shoulders. Rodan at this Hight Rodan is slightly too large to be in scale going off of the size stats. HOWEVER seeing as we have never seen this iteration of Rodan next to Godzilla in the film. I think the size could still work if you don’t particularly care about the stats and stuff. I do care about it but that’s just me.
I shouldn't have said "stands". The measurements are from head to tail, not standing on the feet.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

miguelnuva wrote:The monsterarts figures look nice but have liberties with them while the Neca are accurate. Another reason to hate no Neca Ghidorah.
The Monsterarts Rodan is way more accurate than the NECA Rodan sculpt wise

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

KONG. Where the !@#%&* are the pictures of KONG?!? :evil: :evil: :evil:

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Just got the moguera Monsterarts today and I’ll have to say, I like it better than the Monsterarts 74 mechagodzilla. It comes with so many cool accessories that looks great with my city diorama. I also got the criterion collection coming. I probably buy a few more things for the holidays since i sold some stuff on my eBay.
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:Just got the moguera Monsterarts today and I’ll have to say, I like it better than the Monsterarts 74 mechagodzilla. It comes with so many cool accessories that looks great with my city diorama. I also got the criterion collection coming. I probably buy a few more things for the holidays since i sold some stuff on my eBay.
That's a nice catch. It really makes up for its limited articulation.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

GojiDude95 wrote:That's a nice catch. It really makes up for its limited articulation.
Ikr. It haves a lot of heft to it too. I should have the first release Mechagodzilla with the Garuda this coming up week. When I get a good paying job, I’ll have most of the Monsterarts. It’s worth the money for me. Especially since I’m not really collecting anything else.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:That's a nice catch. It really makes up for its limited articulation.
Ikr. It haves a lot of heft to it too. I should have the first release Mechagodzilla with the Garuda this coming up week. When I get a good paying job, I’ll have most of the Monsterarts. It’s worth the money for me. Especially since I’m not really collecting anything else.
Alright brother go crazy!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Yep. Still salty about a more accurate Ghidorah from NECA. It is what it is though. Has anyone received updates on their Rodan/Mothra set? I'm not sure when EknightMedia intends to send these out.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I ordered the Rodan set through BBTS so honestly I don't expect to hear anything until next month. They're always a bit late it seems.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I ordered the Rodan set through BBTS so honestly I don't expect to hear anything until next month. They're always a bit late it seems.
Yeah... you probably won’t be seeing that til the middle of December.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I ordered the Rodan set through BBTS so honestly I don't expect to hear anything until next month. They're always a bit late it seems.
Yeah... you probably won’t be seeing that til the middle of December.
Or January, even.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I bought off Entertainment Earth, hopefully the set comes before January but I believe Naruto said it'd take some time till release out here in the states.