Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Moth
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Moth »

Well yeah, he's the best person I ever met. I know that he's the fucking best man to walk this damn earth and he's getting a big gift in return. But is there anything to know about Ghidorah? Any loose parts, does he combust if you look at him, etc.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Nathus214 wrote: Dude, I remember you, on your Facebook page when Toho lended the '04 suit for a event and you were all like "it's not every day Toho lends a suit!". I'm not mad at this at all, I'm just annoyed that this was teased for so long. If you uploaded the teaser in like July or something, people would have been less aggravated with this.
That's different though. It isn't everyday Toho lends them a suit and that post was a report on something cool and exciting. Would you have rather me not draw attention to it? Either way, I never said it was connected to my placeholder images. And who knows, a Final Wars figure could still happen sooner than later because of that.

Forgive me, it's hard to tell if someone is annoyed or angry (or both) over text. To me, it came off angry.

So that everyone knows, when my site uses placeholder images it's to indicate releases throughout the year unless specifically stated. Example, earlier this year we (chris and myself) learned that there were going to be 5 releases for 2019. So I uploaded grey blobs for some (not for gamera) of those slots and took them down as they were revealed.

RE: Ghidorah left wing will fall out no matter what. Hole is bigger than the peg. Use dab of super glue or tape it with thin layer to prevent slippage. The usual ball joints pop off like tails and neck pieces, try to not over extend and you'll be fine. If super lose, hair drier the socket, reattach, place affected piece in freezer to have the plastic reset. Mouths may be crooked, can be fixed with hair dryer heat to reset plastic. Can stand without provided stands if leaning back on tails and wings propped backwards. Never lean it forward without support.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

I heard that the Jaws can be fixed if you swap them around heads, is that true?
Also sorry for blowing up a bit at you.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Nathus214 wrote:I heard that the Jaws can be fixed if you swap them around heads, is that true?
Also sorry for blowing up a bit at you.
No worries. We're cool.

I actually haven't tried that.... That actually could be the reason why some have reported their mouths are perfect and others with majorly crooked. I'll have to investigate that on mine as well.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Nathus214 wrote:Well yeah, he's the best person I ever met. I know that he's the skreeonking best man to walk this damn earth and he's getting a big gift in return. But is there anything to know about Ghidorah? Any loose parts, does he combust if you look at him, etc.
Oh the toy! Sorry I wasn't sure. Actually I should look into this toy since I've only unboxed mine and haven't really put together.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

daveblackeye15 wrote:You sure about that? The feet look WAAAAAAAY different.

Hm the pictures on BigBad don't quite show 96's feet too well.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/12303
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/90558
I mean the 96 I have looks like the feed are like wid and melted. I mean not like someone melted the feet of my figure but like really oval...hopefully I didn't shell out for a bootleg.
Yes I am positive..95 Gamera is simply a retool of 96 Gamera .so much so the majority of parts can be swapped between the Gamera the 2.. I have already done this in hand. The paint schemes are slightly different.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay I can't let this rest so I want to make sure I don't have some kind of weird fake Gamera 2 or something. Since I had the figures right next to me and a crappy camera I snapped a picture.

https://imgur.com/3CqhFwc

So everyone else's SHMA Gamera 1996 has feet like this right? So I guess along with Gamera 1995?

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Once again yes Gamera 95 is a retool of Gamera 96 the only real differences are the head neck, arms and the chest. 95 G chest doesn't open. Feet ,legs, tail, shell etc are all reuse from Gamera 96.
blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52047287.html
Shows clear photos of this
Last edited by GodzillavsGamera on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Okay I can't let this rest so I want to make sure I don't have some kind of weird fake Gamera 2 or something. Since I had the figures right next to me and a crappy camera I snapped a picture.

https://imgur.com/3CqhFwc

So everyone else's SHMA Gamera 1996 has feet like this right? So I guess along with Gamera 1995?
Your Gamera on the right is not G96, that's Gamera 99
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh I know that was 99 on the right. Little feet comparison.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Gamera 99 is totally different. The new ‘95 that just came out is a retool of the first SHMA Gamera ‘96. The 95 and 96 style figures have the same feet (and many other shared parts). The Gamera 99 in the right of your pic is a totally different sculpt and nobody ever said it has the same feet or other shared parts with either of the other Gamera SHMAs...

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I am dissapointed on the repaint. I wish we got new sculpts. I am still waiting for Godzilla 2004.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

why cant they paint his spines correctly? when are they ever solid blue? never. Sakai is a great sculptor but maybe someone else should do the coloring. maybe its just tamashii limiting the paint because it seems if there is any corner they could possibly cut when it comes to paint they will cut it. It shows with all of their releases... easy pass for me, best of luck to anyone trying to get it

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Hmmmm I should've bought a Light and Sound 1989 figure when I saw him at $150. Now I see him for around $250, and I don't think he's worth that.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Tbh Biogoji his light feature is pretty weak.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Tbh Biogoji his light feature is pretty weak.
Maybe I dodged a bullet then. I just like the size on the guy. To be honest, I don't really care for the lights or sound.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

KingKaiju wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Tbh Biogoji his light feature is pretty weak.
Maybe I dodged a bullet then. I just like the size on the guy. To be honest, I don't really care for the lights or sound.
I actually like the figure. Sculpt is nice, bigger scale and the lights and sounds feature is cool imo.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

The 1989 figure is great. Even though parts are limited in articulation and the size is bigger than the rest of SHMA, the sculpt is top notch and I found that using silver oxide batteries give the LED's a little more oomph.

https://youtu.be/bDskMgd3KfY

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I finally got my Gamera 95 in (Japan air mail is lame) and I must say, I'm pretty content. The eyes and teeth look fantastic. They really stepped up with this one. It is definitely a retool of the Gamera 96. Will post pics in a bit
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hey can you post a nice picture of your 95's feet as well since you're taking pictures?