Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by the-killer-wc »

I was lucky enough that mine fell 3 times and never broke, then again it was a short waist height. I'll try and get a preorder in, if i do snag him i'll put the other one for sale, but if not im not gonna miss sleep on it. It looks cool, spectacular even, it might not be accurate but is very pretty compared to the regular one, that said, the lack of improvements, to not even include a simple breath effect... is just going to be on my shelf on the same pose for months.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Chances that we'll ever receive a BatoGoji?

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:26 pm Chances that we'll ever receive a BatoGoji?
It’s 50/50. On one hand, we know the head of shma has a soft spot for heisei. But then again we were stuck with the 95 mold for awhile (the kkk biogoji don’t count) until this year where we finally get biogoji in all its 6 inch glory. I personally doubt we’ll see batogoji within the next decade.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GojiDude95 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:54 pm
Anguirus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:26 pm Chances that we'll ever receive a BatoGoji?
It’s 50/50. On one hand, we know the head of shma has a soft spot for heisei. But then again we were stuck with the 95 mold for awhile (the kkk biogoji don’t count) until this year where we finally get biogoji in all its 6 inch glory. I personally doubt we’ll see batogoji within the next decade.
Godzilla vs Mothra has a 30th anniversary next year and a 35th this decade, we might see it soon.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Has MonsterArts ever done an anniversary release?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 pm
Godzilla vs Mothra has a 30th anniversary next year and a 35th this decade, we might see it soon.
Anniversarys mean nothing for SHMA. In a perfect world we would've gotten Hedorah, 1971 Goji, and 1961 Mothra this year, along with more GMK stuff.
Now a MMS vinyl?.... That's more likely.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moth wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:43 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Anniversarys mean nothing for SHMA. In a perfect world we would've gotten Hedorah, 1971 Goji, and 1961 Mothra this year, along with more GMK stuff.
Now a MMS vinyl?.... That's more likely.
Those were all showa. Now if Covid doesn't happen and Godzilla vs Kong isn't pushed back we almost got Biollante and a new Godzilla 89 for the 30th anniversary of Godzilla vs Biollante.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Welp looks like I'll be selling mine. Got my pre order in from anime export.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Come to think of it, I am suprised they have not released a KKK version of 94 Godzilla. I bet that would have released after the Shin had.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I got the '89 musical version as it gave me features I didn't have with my only other Monsterarts Godzilla (2000 Special Color), but I'd have sprung for a musical version of Shin or Singular Point, if they could get the lights and sounds right. I sort of expected them to do it with some Ghidorah variation but I realized with the potential breakage the wires in 89 Godzilla's neck cause, it would be twenty times worse with longer necks, and three of them on top of it. After all, Biollante's light effect is largely stationary. They're clearly risk-averse when it comes to light/sound features, but seeing as I hate self-breaking toys it's probably a good thing.

Edit: Actually, I wonder if the wire issue in a long tail filled with lights is why Shin Godzilla never made it out of Prototype stage?

And does anyone know how tall Monsterarts 2019 Ghidorah is at the wings, with them lowered? I'm trying to calculate shelf space and about ten or eleven inches at the head in this case isn't actually what the figure would require if I sprung for the SCV.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Having had time to reflect on it, I think I'm going to pass on the Ghidorah repaint after all. Can't really look past the inaccuracies if I'm dropping $200 on it. Took them so long to release this repaint I was kind of hoping they might tweak the sculpt of the heads and necks. Also would've loved seeing the wing-walker stance TBH, or at least some modification to these wings so they didn't need all the stands. Alas, a good 6" scale Ghidorah 2019 will continue to elude me.

I would still be very interested in a Rodan 2019 repaint with the proper burning wings though. Surely they can give us that much?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thank God I don't like this Ghidorah otherwise I'd be broke. Also, not a fan of the color.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I wonder if BBTS will be carrying it, they had/have both SCV Biollante and the new Gigan, plus the transparent blue Godzilla, and I think all those were Bandai Premiums too. The color is actually what I like for this one, the same mold in 'yellow mud', while much more realistic, just didn't work for me. A metallic gold would be perfect, assuming it doesn't fall apart and I can figure out how to pose it.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Yes, they're bringing it over.

It usually takes a few days to a week for solicitation in the US.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I like the color, but my biggest gripe with the SHMA Ghidorah is just the proportions. I love the figure itself, but as a figure based on the film that’s always bugged me.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Thank you for the note on listings, I found it!

My problem for toys is more self-inflicted. My favorite Godzilla toy was the musical one, and my favorite Kong was NECA's Illustrated version. As both of those are a bit bigger than the average six-inch scales, a lot of other things, like the cheap vinyl Ghidorah I have, don't look right. But Biollante worked great, and this one in comparison pics looks to have a similar advantage. Of course, a lot of it will depend on using ebay to offset as I'm not crazy enough to think it's a very cost-effective idea.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Pre-orders for SCV 2019 Ghidorah up on BBTS for anyone interested. Just placed an order myself. Most expensive figure I have bought in a long while but hoping to be wowed.

... also have to think about where I am gonna put this behemoth of a figure lol.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I look at it like I did with Biollante, definitely a luxury item, but it winds up being one of the cheapest ways to get the mold, provided you're willing to wait a bit. I have more time than money, and like Biollante I like the SCV better than the original paint, so I'm willing to go this way.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Agreed I actually think of the SCV Biollante in a similar fashion. I didn't pull the trigger on that one because I have two Biollantes in my collection already and for some reason the face looks slightly off from the movie version imo. Maybe just slightly too nicely rounded and short

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:23 pm Agreed I actually think of the SCV Biollante in a similar fashion. I didn't pull the trigger on that one because I have two Biollantes in my collection already and for some reason the face looks slightly off from the movie version imo. Maybe just slightly too nicely rounded and short
Come on dude, no S.H MA Biollante shaming... you're better than that.