Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm So I just scooped Original Release Burning Godzilla NIB for $190 shipped

Was that a decent price?
:shock:

I wouldn't call it a deal per se. But looking at what some of these go for it's all right I guess.
That's what I was thinking too, I figured normally he runs in the $300-$400 range so I had to jump on it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm So I just scooped Original Release Burning Godzilla NIB for $190 shipped

Was that a decent price?

I wouldn't call it a deal per se. But looking at what some of these go for it's all right I guess.
That's what I was thinking too, I figured normally he runs in the $300-$400 range so I had to jump on it.
Yup, gotta get them now because I'm guessing in the future these things will put your children through college one day. These are the new beanie babies.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:00 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Yup, gotta get them now because I'm guessing in the future these things will put your children through college one day. These are the new beanie babies.
Seems I may have under estimated what he's worth :shock:

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Some of those are Japan prices though plus Amazon sucks with these as well.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Amazon third party sellers are not very good indicators of worth. Try eBay sold listings instead, it's what people are actually paying, not what sellers want you to pay.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Yeah, who the hell buys Bandai stuff through Amazon? They massively overcharge anything that is exclusively sold overseas.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Right now they have the Shin Ultraman figuarts cheaper than like, everywhere else right now for some reason.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

Okay guys break it to me — is there any chance SHMA rereleases 2019 King Ghidorah or am I screwed and likely have to pay ~$400 on eBay/Amazon for one?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Amazon import prices are nuts lmao.

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
Okay so gauging from the responses my original estimate was correct.

$300 to $475 as recently as this month on eBay.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Getting into the line late really sucks. With the new movie the prices on old releases are only going to increase as more people are willing to either buy new SHMA or "invest" in an aftermarket figure. I'm looking for Battra/SpaceGodzilla but their price tags are increasing by what feels link a weekly basis.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Back in early 2019, just before KOTM came out, I read a random post somewhere by a guy suggesting that everyone buy any SHMA they were even considering then because prices were about to skyrocket. I took that to heart and picked up all the KOTM stuff, G54, G02, Shinagawa MG, Super MG, and Rebirth G - most for retail or about, except for Rebirth - and whew, am I glad I did.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Lucky you. I very much regret not grabbing shinagawa Kiryu. That one seemed to come and go in no time.

I also very much wish they would either reissue or do SCV Mech-King Ghidorah. But maybe not until next year...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd love it if they released some film accurate Heisei Ghidorahs. Those muppet sized heads with the huge teeth and the needle necks are a turn off. They seem like they were based on the Destroy All Monsters Melee/Unleashed appearances.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 am Back in early 2019, just before KOTM came out, I read a random post somewhere by a guy suggesting that everyone buy any SHMA they were even considering then because prices were about to skyrocket. I took that to heart and picked up all the KOTM stuff, G54, G02, Shinagawa MG, Super MG, and Rebirth G - most for retail or about, except for Rebirth - and whew, am I glad I did.
You're welcome. :mrgreen:

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

GodzillavsGamera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am
Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 am Back in early 2019, just before KOTM came out, I read a random post somewhere by a guy suggesting that everyone buy any SHMA they were even considering then because prices were about to skyrocket. I took that to heart and picked up all the KOTM stuff, G54, G02, Shinagawa MG, Super MG, and Rebirth G - most for retail or about, except for Rebirth - and whew, am I glad I did.
If that was you, thank you!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Sits back and relaxes as I watch people scramble to get these before prices go up much more.

Been here since day one.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am
GodzillavsGamera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am
If that was you, thank you!
I am pretty sure it was me . . I continue to tell people that 2019 Ghidorah along with any other Monsterarts... from the Monsterverse.. are going to be worth a fortune in a couple years.. alot of people missed out on these waiting and hoping Neca would produce a Ghidorah... and now with the pandemic... quite a few people don't have nearly the disposable income.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

GodzillavsGamera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 amI am pretty sure it was me . . I continue to tell people that 2019 Ghidorah along with any other Monsterarts... from the Monsterverse.. are going to be worth a fortune in a couple years.. alot of people missed out on these waiting and hoping Neca would produce a Ghidorah... and now with the pandemic... quite a few people don't have nearly the disposable income.
Well thank you again then :)

I actually passed on Ghidorah initially, but managed to snag one for *less* than retail *shipped from Australia* when some Australian store had a sale at one point. Again, whew.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Just wait until you see the prices in a few years from now... Kong and MG21 are going to be very sought after as well... so don't miss out on those...with that said I do believe we will get "Final Battle" versions of atleast Kong and G.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Kong has already hit the aftermarket in Japan commanding nearly as high as $300. It seems Kong figures in of themselves are quite rare so it's to be expected.

Godzilla 89 has largely sold out in Japan as well. Thank God for Bluefin.