Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:53 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm
Ok guys, ready up. Wishlists part of our cycle is over. Time to talk about SHMA being folded into SHFA again.
Already?

This past cycle went by so quick.
Indeed. Don't waste your posts, man. Make it count before we move onto talking about SHMA Bagan.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm
Naruto65 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:52 am<quote for notification>
Just noticed that the p-bandai USA shop just listed the new Namek Bulma for Pre-order and that thing just got announced. The Climax Battle, or whatever its called, Ultimate FW Gigan's pre-order is closing soon in JP. Did P-Bandai USA just like, outright omit USA sales for it or are they waiting for the JP to close? Is there an ETA on them putting it up for Pre-order?

Also, is SHMA dying or silently got rolled into a sub-group of SHFA? Noticed on the newer releases, its also under the SHFA tag on the Bandai shop. Also under the "S.H. FiguArts Division" of Tamashii Features, oddly shows the MonsterArts Godzilla vs Kong promo.
S.H.MonsterArts Web Exclusives are generally made available to USA retailers and not the USA Bandai Premium Webshop. You can find most retailers that carry Gigan here: https://bit.ly/gg04gdbv

No, SHMA is not being absorbed and magically going to be called S.H.Figuarts Godzilla, etc. S.H.MonsterArts is much smaller scale than what S.H.Figuarts puts out. It's being lumped into the event because they very well can't just have an S.H.Monsterarts only event. It'd only show off 1 or two figures lol. One thing you will notice since Bandai Namco bought out Bluefin is that you'll see Bandai Spirits in some product search engines. It's still at the end of the day, S.H.MonsterArts and it will remain that way.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Naruto65 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:25 pm S.H.MonsterArts Web Exclusives are generally made available to USA retailers and not the USA Bandai Premium Webshop. You can find most retailers that carry Gigan here: https://bit.ly/gg04gdbv
Thank you for the heads up - when the hell was it put on Amazon though? I seriously have been checking daily and it never showed up once. Eh, at least now I know.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

It technically hasn't gone live for Amazon yet. The page went up last week but Bluefin has yet to give the green light on PO's.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun May 09, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I dunno why most people worship Awesome Collector around these parts and their customer service. I'm trying to cancel an order for a Burning Godzilla 2019 SHMA and nobody has responded to me on email or Facebook. Kinda sad tbh
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I think the mentality is support small businesses, but AC really does offer the best preorder discounts for SHMA.

Have you tried contacting the owner directly on Facebook messenger? Jason Welling. https://www.facebook.com/jason.welling.9
Last edited by Naruto65 on Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I'll DM him in the morning. I placed my Godzilla 2021 pre-order with them, so I'm happy to support them, just a bit miffed by the current service, y'know.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

What keeps me supporting AC is that it's all a one man effort while still offering some of the lowest prices for MA. It might not be as fast as Eknight, but considering what you pay and the fact that he's on his own, it's impressive. With that said, I haven't had to return anything yet, so I can't speak on that. IDK if anyone had issues with Biollante, since mine was pretty much perfect. Don't want to get my hopes up for QC on G21 and Kong, but hopefully it is an indicator that there has been some improvement.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed May 12, 2021 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

As expected he is a bit smaller than the 2004 kong. I REALLY hope they went with something better for the articulation on the arms this time, I refuse to do another surgery like the last one I did.

Man can't help but think had the previous Kong been this size it would have been even better for photos you know?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Mmm… that last shot of him punching Godzilla…. That’s good stuff right there.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 am First pics!

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52069544.html

Fuckin’ love it. So glad i preordered him when I did
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

As expected, Kong looks pretty impressive. I'm actually surprised at how much I like the roaring head in some of those shots though; wasn't too sure about that portrait but it definitely works better when viewed from the front. My only real gripe is that glossy finish, though the paint still looks nice overall; I'm just glad it isn't totally flat like a lot of the recent releases and has a nice wash over it. I'm looking forward to it!

Godzilla, meanwhile...

:/

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I am amazed at how many options there are now for Kong. It used to be an attempt to hunt down a short-produced expensive model kit, now you have vinyls, action figures, NECA (three choices) Monsterarts (one recent, one hard to find), etc ranging from a couple bucks to more than the trade-in on my old car. While I don't expect a Monsterarts level of detail I am interested in what Super 7 will bring to the table, though as I understand it, Toho Kong and Mechanikong aren't in the options.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 am As expected, Kong looks pretty impressive. I'm actually surprised at how much I like the roaring head in some of those shots though; wasn't too sure about that portrait but it definitely works better when viewed from the front. My only real gripe is that glossy finish, though the paint still looks nice overall; I'm just glad it isn't totally flat like a lot of the recent releases and has a nice wash over it. I'm looking forward to it!

Godzilla, meanwhile...

Wow lol...time to break out the custom paint

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 am As expected, Kong looks pretty impressive. I'm actually surprised at how much I like the roaring head in some of those shots though; wasn't too sure about that portrait but it definitely works better when viewed from the front. My only real gripe is that glossy finish, though the paint still looks nice overall; I'm just glad it isn't totally flat like a lot of the recent releases and has a nice wash over it. I'm looking forward to it!

Godzilla, meanwhile...

Guess it's either praying for good QC, painting over the mess or trying to get the original 2019. Can't say I'm surprised though. Makes me worried about Biogoji since I'm holding off on looking for a Rebirth because of him. Getting Moguera soon so hopefully that makes up for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:10 am I am amazed at how many options there are now for Kong. It used to be an attempt to hunt down a short-produced expensive model kit, now you have vinyls, action figures, NECA (three choices) Monsterarts (one recent, one hard to find), etc ranging from a couple bucks to more than the trade-in on my old car. While I don't expect a Monsterarts level of detail I am interested in what Super 7 will bring to the table, though as I understand it, Toho Kong and Mechanikong aren't in the options.
Indeed. I remember getting the Bandai Kong '62 and the McFarlane Movie Maniacs Kong back in the day and think that'd be the only ones in my collection. Glad I'm wrong, even if most of the recent releases have been MV Kongs. I'd still love a NECA or a regular vinyl of the 70s Kong.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

The godzilla headsculpt looks pretty bad, so angular. Still cant believe its a new sculpt. Does look like mold degradation to me.

Simple head swap will fix it tho. Tbh only got this one for the hands haha

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

It is mold degrading. The articulation, every fine detail is the same as 2019.

This is a recolor, not a "100% new mold".

inb4 someone quotes Naruto

I also got this for the hands.
Last edited by Moth on Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I'd hate to start up that "is it a new sculpt" debate again, but yeah, I must agree that isn't new. Some parts might be new, but that head mold has been through the wringer. I'm surprised at how bad it looks. The paint will vary from figure-to-figure, but you can't fix that.

Also, something to keep an eye on - Kong's eyes. I was hoping this wouldn't be as much of an issue anymore since they started doing the digitally-printed eyes, but alas. If nothing else, they're consistent with eye inconsistency; this line has always had that problem.

Last edited by Shenanigans on Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.