Monster Spotlight #54 - Gabara

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Monster Spotlight #54 - Gabara

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

It's been forever since we've had a spotlight, and no one seems really interested in them anymore. But after *DECADES* of waiting, Xplus finally delivered what I consider the definitive figure of a one of the biggest enigma Daikaiju in the entire Godzilla series: :tk-tan: GABARA :tk-tan: So I can't resist.

This won't be a very long spotlight, as Gabara might very well be the least representated kaiju in figure form....but they're out there, and they do exit (I even have some of them as well) :xilien: So let's post our Gabara-related items here.

I'll start things out with the obvious:

Xplus 25cm Gabara

Added in 12 hours 35 minutes 40 seconds:
Review from Fresh Vinyl:

Xplus 25cm Gabara
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Monster Spotlight #54 - Gabara

Post by MandaSaurus »

I want an SHMA Gabara... :huge:

KaijuZoo
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuZoo »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Gabara might very well be the least represented kaiju in figure form....but they're out there, and they do exit ...
A few examples below ... although Gabara was a big bully, the vinyl figures are actually quite lovely!

M1Go glow

M1Go pink

Marmit Vinyl Paradise green
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
KaijuZoo Moving Sale
Kaijuzoo eBay Auctions
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Awesome vintage figures KaijuZoo!

I also have the YMSF Gabara figure, but I don't have any photos of it (it's back with the rest of my collection in the states). Honestly, it's very "meh". :| I've always found the YMSF Gabara figure (and YSMF figures in general) to be a bit overrated due to there simply not being many Gabara figures out on the market. But I do know that it's be reissued several times over the years with different paint schemes, so if anyone has different variants of the YSMF Gabara, then post away :basan:

Added in 11 hours 6 minutes 57 seconds:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote: I'll start things out with the obvious:

Xplus 25cm Gabara

Um...so now photos from photobucket can no longer be embedded / displayed on message boards?

Pretty much invalidates the 1000s of figure / Godzilla-items photos that I have others have displayed on this board over the years....Photobucket is b]LAME[/b].

Instagram / Facebook collection groups, here I come....better late than never. I might still pop up on here once in a blue moon. It's been fun TK! :huge:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)