What's it worth?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

What's it worth?

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I guess this could be a new thread people use to ask what stuff is worth.

I created it to know how much a Banpresto Godzilla 2003 is worth.
So please, tell me. :P
:gigan:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: What's it worth?

Post by G1985 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:I guess this could be a new thread people use to ask what stuff is worth.

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay, and you agree to be paid for it. And not one dime more.

Based on recent eBay sales of the same, I'd say you'd probably get $50 for it.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

G1985 wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I guess this could be a new thread people use to ask what stuff is worth.

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay, and you agree to be paid for it. And not one dime more.

Based on recent eBay sales of the same, I'd say you'd probably get $50 for it.
Hmm, I guess that's pretty good, I got it in an eBay lot, but I might just keep it, looks pretty good at the top of my shelf. :P
:gigan:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

About tree fiddy .
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

In an effort not to create a new thread, I’m bumping this old one.

I’m curious how accurately the prices on Mandarake reflect the actual going rate for a figure. Most of the prices seem about what I’d expect for a second hand collector store. But occasionally I’ll run across something that seems way high. Like, tonight I stumbled across a red glitter Marmit Monster Heaven Godzilla 2000 listed for ¥150,000 (about $1350!!). Is that really what the market for this figure is running?

Or is it just some fluke of ridiculous pricing? And if so, why is it priced so ridiculously? How do they determine what price to list an item for?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

We're definitely in secondary market country here. Basically, an item is worth as much as someone else is willing to pay - no more, no less...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah, I get that. But that’s not what I’m asking. There’s a such things as “current market value” (haven’t you ever watched Antiques Roadshow?). And the market value is determined by what an item has recently sold for, generally a history or trend of recent sales and not just an isolated incident. And that’s what I’m asking. Has that figure really sold or been selling for anywhere near $1300 in the last year or two?

I’m also curious how Mandarake determines what price to put on an item? Does the store choose the price? Or is it more like eBay where the individual seller chooses the pricing resulting in some really preposterous listings from time to time?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Look, I saw a Bandai 92 Baragon for $25 one week, and was then bumped up to $75 the next week. Mandarake is weird.