King Kong Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Re: King Kong Toys

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Just bought the Skullcrawler with Colonel Packard set. I gotta say, the Skullcrawler is good even though his only articulation is his mouth. I also noticed the eye holes on his skull isn't even where his eyes are, turns out, they're by the start of his jaw.

As for Colonel Packard, he's a pretty nice figure.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I'm thinking of picking up the giant Kong, but it feels really fragile, almost like a knockoff dollar-store type toy..
:gigan:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I would agree that it feels a little cheap, but he looks awespme on display.

This is a pic of mine on my desk at work next to a high end Hulk and I don't think Kong looks cheap, he evokes everything I love about King Kong and is one of the best Kong figures I've ever owned or seen.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

GFAN198423 wrote:I would agree that it feels a little cheap, but he looks awespme on display.

This is a pic of mine on my desk at work next to a high end Hulk and I don't think Kong looks cheap, he evokes everything I love about King Kong and is one of the best Kong figures I've ever owned or seen.
I agree, the figure looks fantastic, but feels cheap. I'll probably pick him up eventually, all my local Walmarts seem filled to the brim.
:gigan:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I especially like the fur and face textures it has going on... too little to tell if it's all accurate, but for a mass produced figure, it looks very pretty.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Here's my review of the Kong Skull Island KONG 18" Mega Figure!

https://youtu.be/ot12PrtvwuU
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I probably won't get any Kong figures until they have toys for Godzilla vs. Kong.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

picked up the winged thing because they didn't have the spider or skullcrawler
your source of self destruction

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I really wanna get a Mezco Kong but they go for a pretty penny these days.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

All the Walmarts in my city got these so early that by the time the movie came out, the big Kongs were gone (they all seemed to get just a couple). So after I took my 9-year-old nephew to see the movie —"the BEST movie" he'd ever seen—there were no Kongs, even though there were posters of them up front as you walk in. He was disappointed (I was too) that the cool boat in the movie was a generic toy, and that nothing else seemed particularly like it looked in the movie. (Though I liked the skull crawler and got one for me.)

Fast forward a couple of months, and suddenly the big Kongs are back! Hoping he still had a buzz from the movie, I got him one plus the helicopter, which is the only vehicle that seems sort-of "canon," and we had a blast playing with them today while everyone else was preoccupied with...Mother's Day.

I'm surprised such a big movie only had Walmart-exclusive toys, and that they were only sort of "inspired" by the movie. But you can't beat those prices...and I'm glad to see them back in stock.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Movie toy lines for mass market are pretty rare now a days, especially a PG-13 movie. I'm glad we got Kong at all, though I'm a bit let down we get a Kong out of scale to any of the other monsters in the line.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

Thanks...interesting. Would love a big skull crawler! Maybe around DVD time.

But I wonder if the very early release of the toys and then Walmart's failure to keep the big Kong in stock during the movie's first weeks hurt the line (assuming that wasn't just the case in my market). Before the movie came out, they didn't move much, then once the Kongs were gone the other stuff kind of sat. I hope my stores weren't typical.

I was always impressed by the very low price point on these.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ That stupid BOAT is the only thing that shelf-sat around here. Which makes sense, as Lanard's boat did not look anything like the boat in the movie. The helicopters kept selling out...

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ That stupid BOAT is the only thing that shelf-sat around here. Which makes sense, as Lanard's boat did not look anything like the boat in the movie. The helicopters kept selling out...
Yeah...the boat in the movie was cool...my nephew was excited to get one. It was a letdown when we saw it, so we ended up with the helicopter.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

master_of_monsters wrote:http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-f ... ong-287031

I might get the 7" one
Same, I think he looks better than the larger one. Curious what the price point will be for these guys.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think they're a little too stylized for my tastes, but it's nice to see some good scaled Kong stuff coming out.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

How articulated are they?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Anguirus wrote:How articulated are they?
-shrug-

It looks like the arms move at the shoulders, legs at the hip, head at the neck, and the hands/feet move on both, but that's just assuming by the photos.

Edit: Also, looks like the 18 Inch has an ab crunch.
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.