King Kong Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: King Kong Toys

Post by _JNavs_ »

Went from a couple gimmick 05 Kong figures growing up, to an absolute unit of monkes

Just picked up this Alpha Gorilla Patriarch and my goodness is this sculpt insane.

Added in 56 seconds:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:39 pm*snip*
Now you need a Rebor V-Rex (T-Rex Vanilla Ice) to go along with that big monkey.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:15 pm
Now you need a Rebor V-Rex (T-Rex Vanilla Ice) to go along with that big monkey.

I see they're up for preorder on BBTS, but on the aftermarket they're like $60. I've actually been looking at a $20 knockoff on Amazon, since those are apparently common in the Dino trade lol. I thought to myself, if Vanilla Ices are unlicensed, then a knockoff of an unlicensed figure, is fair game eh?

Some guy in the reviews posted these pics of his figure and it doesn't look far off from the Rebor, minus the bendy tail.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:39 pm Image

Went from a couple gimmick 05 Kong figures growing up, to an absolute unit of monkes

Just picked up this Alpha Gorilla Patriarch and my goodness is this sculpt insane.

Added in 56 seconds:
The detail on that figure is amazing.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nanmu also has one in the works.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Knowing Nanmu and Rebor's history, Nanmu is gonna look better but be WAY more expensive lol.

Just look at Killer Queen and the Jurassic Series T. rex

RIP Evan.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Man, I love this figure.

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

^That's freaking awesome. You don't mind if I steal that picture do you (right click and save)?

Meanwhile, I hope one day they make a figure based on Kong's appearance in Son of Kong. Yes I know he wasn't in that movie, but he appears on a poster in Carl Denham's office.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

The Octopus wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:52 am ^That's freaking awesome. You don't mind if I steal that picture do you (right click and save)?
Of course, enjoy! I just ask that if you post it anywhere else, please link it back to my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLFKSywgHpG/
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:55 pm Knowing Nanmu and Rebor's history, Nanmu is gonna look better but be WAY more expensive lol.

Just look at Killer Queen and the Jurassic Series T. rex
Guess I'm the only one not all that impressed with the Nanmu Rex. That upcoming Bull Rex on the other hand looks quite nice.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Large-KING- ... %3A2047675

No idea what this is, but it looks pretty good for a bootleg.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:19 am THE NECA HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING: KONG 33 ENEMIES

When will these be out?
PHIL 4:13

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Nobody knows. Nothing revealed besides those two sculpts.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I just found the NECA Illustrated Kong in Wal-mart today! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but as I noted before, in my own mind I wanted my non-existent "perfect" Kong to not look just like a real gorilla without context of scale, and this one will work perfectly with both the Poster Godzilla due to colors and the Light-Sound-Music Godzilla due to the size. I do hope they do a Black and White one but even if they don't a filter will take care of that.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So, should I get the Mezco or Neca version?

pjkong
Yojimbo

Post by pjkong »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:22 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:15 pm

I see they're up for preorder on BBTS, but on the aftermarket they're like $60. I've actually been looking at a $20 knockoff on Amazon, since those are apparently common in the Dino trade lol. I thought to myself, if Vanilla Ices are unlicensed, then a knockoff of an unlicensed figure, is fair game eh?

Some guy in the reviews posted these pics of his figure and it doesn't look far off from the Rebor, minus the bendy tail.

I got the original Rebor when it came out and here recently got 2 bootlegs off of ebay for 28 bucks apiece. I dont think I can put up pics on here yet but they are almost indistinguishable from the real thing except the paint job is a little shinier.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I looked into the options for both, and one thing I do NOT like in Kong toys is the 'bloody cuts' look. So I went with the NECA poster-color as it both lacked the bloody appearance, and also had a 1933 style head which I liked. I have noticed that sometimes NECA's joints stick so hard they break rather than move, I had that happen to a Kong but Wal-mart exchanged it for another and it worked fine.

Oh, it looks like I can post images now! The size matches well with my musical Godzilla.

Not a banana! NOT a banana! BAD MONKEY!

I made an axe out of an old magic marker, a broken handle from something, and a few rubber insect wings. Not great but I didn't have to drill a hole in the NECA fists, which were clearly not made to hold anything.

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Haha, Konk!
That's awesome that you made an axe for your Kong! And yeah, I also decided to go for the Neca Kong, albeit the original one. I hope Neca makes a t rex to go along with it!

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm looking forwards to the King critters pack. I'm also going to try to get the glow-in-the-dark Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopisain, as, similar to Poster Kong, they don't look enough like 'real' animals to be ignored, so they can do double-duty on my monster shelf.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I will be so damned happy if those accessories come with a Meat Eater figure.