Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
burtmacklin
Ronin

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by burtmacklin »

Fermix wrote:
burtmacklin wrote:Any word if there will be figures from the first movie from Tamashii?
Besides the Soul of Chogokin figureS?
I forgot about those lol. I meant in the Robot Spirits and Sofvi Spirits lines.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

Here's our review of the wave 2 action figures for Pacific Rim Uprising, from toy maker Diamond Select Toys.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Want the 2nd wave of Robot Spirits figures?

Check it out!

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Got my Shrikethorn;

Quick review on Shrikethorn - although he stands shorter than Raijin it's roughly the same mass. His torso reminds me of the Ben Swolo meme. It annoys me a little that's he stuck in a pose looking straight down, and the tails only have 1 swivel each at the base. He has 7 swivels, but they're not nearly as useful because 4 are in the arms, and he needs to keep one arm down for balance unless you tip him backwards. I just now found the 7th swivel while typing this, it's a torso cut. Kinda cool. The build and paint quality is fine, no issues.

It's a decent vinyl but I think it's very overpriced for what you get. Main reason to get it is if you want to set up a Pacific Rim display and you want all the kaiju together. Unfortunately since it's a web exclusive I don't think the price will get any better. There might be a cheaper bootleg, but the hassle I had with getting my Raijin to stand prompted me to buy official for Shrikey, just something to consider.
Last edited by Cosbydaf on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Nice, can't wait for it.

Anything new with Tamashii's PR line? Still waiting for the Drone Jaegers, November Ajax & the Mega Kaiju...
Size DOES matter!

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

Here is our WORLD EXCLUSIVE review of the Pacific Rim Uprising Wave 3 action figures from Diamond Select Toys.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Tamashii also didn't come forward with the Chogokin Crimson Typhoon or Sofvi Spirits DX Otachi. Maybe the attic'd the franchise due to some reason...? If so, it's a hard bummer...
Size DOES matter!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gypsy was only just released early this year.

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
I'm more worried about the Diamond Select Hakuja. It was supposed to come out last month.

Added in 4 minutes 58 seconds:
Amazon is saying December now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Sofvi Spirits Otachi? Never heard of it. Are there any pictures?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ yes, there was an illegal (since it had a no photograph sign next to it) picture of it floating around the net standing next to Chogokin Gypsy Danger, but I have no time to dig it up right now.
Size DOES matter!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I'm on a mission to find this picture now. Wish me luck.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

I wonder what the chances are that we see anything from the Robot Spirits line at the Tokyo Comicon?
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Seeing anything at the Toyko Comic Con will determine if Bandai intendes to continue the line. If there's nothing, I'd say it's as good as dead.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

They still have model kits pending, though, so I think it’s still in play. Between now and Toy Fair though will be the window of seeing anything.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm on a mission to find this picture now. Wish me luck.
Good luck. Have u found it?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Godzillakuj94 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm on a mission to find this picture now. Wish me luck.
Good luck. Have u found it?
No

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Guys,

Courtesy of Diamond Select, I'm giving away an Obsidian Fury figure! Check out my latest review for all the details. Thanks, y'all!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I have been very much out of the loop when it comes to Pacific Rim as I stopped collecting after the 1st movie (wasn't a fan of the 2nd one) but are these figures supposed to be out in stores as I have not seen a single figure in any store since the movie came out. I used to see them almost constantly but now nothing with the newer movie just thought that was a little odd.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

DoubleDam21 wrote:I have been very much out of the loop when it comes to Pacific Rim as I stopped collecting after the 1st movie (wasn't a fan of the 2nd one) but are these figures supposed to be out in stores as I have not seen a single figure in any store since the movie came out. I used to see them almost constantly but now nothing with the newer movie just thought that was a little odd.

Errrr they were stocked when TRU was still around, literally all 6 robot spirits, and then TRU shut down.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

SJM925 wrote:
DoubleDam21 wrote:I have been very much out of the loop when it comes to Pacific Rim as I stopped collecting after the 1st movie (wasn't a fan of the 2nd one) but are these figures supposed to be out in stores as I have not seen a single figure in any store since the movie came out. I used to see them almost constantly but now nothing with the newer movie just thought that was a little odd.

Errrr they were stocked when TRU was still around, literally all 6 robot spirits, and then TRU shut down.
The Robot Spirits figures are at Barnes & Nobles, as well as the Sofvi Spirits Kaiju