NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 pm I ordered an og Shin, I thought it looked better than the atomic breath variant.
You made the smart choice.

I really don't want to shill for an aftermarket SHMA Atomic Shin but the NECA Atomic Shin is by far the worst looking figure in the line in my eyes. I have never seen a single one in which the paint doesn't look amateur, and I collected this line religiously.

RIP Evan.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Yeah, I saw one at Target a few months back...cool sculpt (the head seemed more accurate than the normal Neca Shin), but the paint was an eyesore.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:51 pm Yeah, I saw one at Target a few months back...cool sculpt (the head seemed more accurate than the normal Neca Shin), but the paint was an eyesore.
Keep it in box. It looks much better that way.

I want to do a custom on mine *I have two* put some purple led's on that biatch and see how it'll look.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Since I caved and bought Biollante yesterday, I feel lucky I also discovered a Bile Godzilla at Target today!
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:22 am Since I caved and bought Biollante yesterday, I feel lucky I also discovered a Bile Godzilla at Target today!
Lucky...... my Targets have zero Neca Godzilla's.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Neca Godzillas are almost impossible to find in my state as with other Godzilla collectibles, and it doesn't help that I only started looking for them them recently. I have four of them (62, 64, 89, Shin), but its scary watching their prices rise to $50 on ebay.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I found a standard G89 at Walmart of all places the other day. Just the one, sitting by itself in the action figure aisle, whereas the other NECA figures are always stocked in electronics.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:56 pm I found a standard G89 at Walmart of all places the other day. Just the one, sitting by itself in the action figure aisle, whereas the other NECA figures are always stocked in electronics.
You found me at Walmart? And you didn't say hi?

How rude, also I am not standard damn it.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:56 pm I found a standard G89 at Walmart of all places the other day. Just the one, sitting by itself in the action figure aisle, whereas the other NECA figures are always stocked in electronics.
Whoa, nowadays that's like seeing a unicorn 😲

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I saw a standard G89 at the Wilmington, MA Target yesterday.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I don't recall being in those places you people seem to spot me at.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:41 pm I don't recall being in those places you people seem to spot me at.
*X-Files theme starts playing*
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:41 pm I don't recall being in those places you people seem to spot me at.
Maybe you were never even the real goji89... maybe you were the biollante bile variant this whole time :shock:

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Is there a reason the G1954 reissue goes for ~200-300 on ebay? I get that since they're out of production prices are rising, but what is it that makes this release in particular worth so much? Limited production run?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Andagi1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 pm Is there a reason the G1954 reissue goes for ~200-300 on ebay? I get that since they're out of production prices are rising, but what is it that makes this release in particular worth so much? Limited production run?
@ the highlight.

eBay = Scalper Bay

NECA's range from...like, $22-29 MSRP in the Godzilla line. EvilBay releases should be like in the 29's or 32's, but as to WHY the 54 reissue is so much. EvilBay scalpers price matching to dumbasses who try and flip things for like x800% mark up. The figure is out of production for awhile now so that doesn't help the price any, but its mainly just dumb people trying to price match each other.

or - dumb people confusing the NECA for the MonsterArts and inflating the price more.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Andagi1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 pm Is there a reason the G1954 reissue goes for ~200-300 on ebay? I get that since they're out of production prices are rising, but what is it that makes this release in particular worth so much? Limited production run?
@ the highlight.

eBay = Scalper Bay

NECA's range from...like, $22-29 MSRP in the Godzilla line. EvilBay releases should be like in the 29's or 32's, but as to WHY the 54 reissue is so much. EvilBay scalpers price matching to dumbasses who try and flip things for like x800% mark up. The figure is out of production for awhile now so that doesn't help the price any, but its mainly just dumb people trying to price match each other.

or - dumb people confusing the NECA for the MonsterArts and inflating the price more.
:lol:

Oh yeah. Their markups are fucking crazy. I'm into many figure lines and you'll always have that one dumbass that has a 20 or 50 dollar figure for 200 or even 300. Especially for a Target or Walmart exclusive.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Dude, I still remember checking how much the NECA 2003s were going there because I was sick of waiting for my BBTS preorder and the lowest was 60 bucks.

Those fuckers jumped on the line ending like vultures

RIP Evan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm Dude, I still remember checking how much the NECA 2003s were going there because I was sick of waiting for my BBTS preorder and the lowest was 60 bucks.

Those fuckers jumped on the line ending like vultures
I got really lucky and found them stocked at the local "we actually stock the collectors items Target". Got lucky i guess

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Target can suck my baby nutts.

And walmart can caress them.

I hate store exclusives to no end. Because you practically have to go every damn day and I hate Walmart but don't mind Target as much except when they don't stock their figures. Their G.I Joe classified series was a big fucking joke and their TMNT ones too..... ARRRRRAAASGH HHEFBHJFVHFVDH764YVNBN

I HATE THEM
I HATE THEM
HDSASAAARRRRGGGHHHH

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

I'll never forgive myself for getting into the line so late. I only discovered NECA recently once I got back into Godzilla, but by that time the line had ended. At this point prices just aren't worth it online, unless somebody knows somewhere else I can get them? The only physical store in my area that actually has NECA/Godzilla stuff had DesuGoji at $65.