NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by JAGzilla »

I wonder if Toho is getting in the way of NECA making MUTO figures, since the Godzilla name would likely have to be on the packaging. It just seems strange that so many obscure Pacific Rim figures were made, all those Jaegers that were on the screen for two or three seconds, and we can't get the enemy monsters that got more screentime than Godzilla in a more prominent, successful movie than PR.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

JAGzilla wrote:I wonder if Toho is getting in the way of NECA making MUTO figures, since the Godzilla name would likely have to be on the packaging. It just seems strange that so many obscure Pacific Rim figures were made, all those Jaegers that were on the screen for two or three seconds, and we can't get the enemy monsters that got more screentime than Godzilla in a more prominent, successful movie than PR.
I wholeheartedly agree!!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Godzillakuj94 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:I wonder if Toho is getting in the way of NECA making MUTO figures, since the Godzilla name would likely have to be on the packaging. It just seems strange that so many obscure Pacific Rim figures were made, all those Jaegers that were on the screen for two or three seconds, and we can't get the enemy monsters that got more screentime than Godzilla in a more prominent, successful movie than PR.
With the amount of time/care/money Legendary has taken/spent to raise the awareness of the terms "Monsterverse" and "M.U.T.O." you'd think they'd figure out a way to bring mechandise featuring the MUTOS from THE LEGENDARY MONSTERVERSE to market, without having to mention Godzilla on the packing...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Godzillakuj94 wrote:
With the amount of time/care/money Legendary has taken/spent to raise the awareness of the terms "Monsterverse" and "M.U.T.O." you'd think they'd figure out a way to bring mechandise featuring the MUTOS from THE LEGENDARY MONSTERVERSE to market, without having to mention Godzilla on the packing...

Or.... they just put the title of the movie on the box. You know, like they do for ALL of their figures, including Pacific Rim.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

MM Raids Again wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
Godzillakuj94 wrote: I wholeheartedly agree!!!

Or.... they just put the title of the movie on the box. You know, like they do for ALL of their figures, including Pacific Rim.
Well yeah, that’d be ideal, but the whole point of their idea to skip the title is to avoid having to get approval from Toho since they don’t own the MUTOS.
GO GO GOJI KUN

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:

Well yeah, that’d be ideal, but the whole point of their idea to skip the title is to avoid having to get approval from Toho since they don’t own the MUTOS.
So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not want to or literally cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.

But one can also say that there's no point in having the packaging not mention Godzilla since most general consumers wouldn't know where these monsters are from. It'd be impossible to have Godzilla not be on the packaging since there'd need to be a monster bio of the Mutos in the film and Godzilla was such a huge part of the plot. Also due to the fact that they would need to put a "Collect Them All!" collage on the back and it would be pretty profitable to have Godzilla, the main star of the film, right smack there along with each Muto. They would need to drop the name of the film the monsters are from, too, which may be a more complex thing to pull off legally.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KingKong2005 wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not or cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.
Considering the Mothra figure is tinier than some actual moths, with six frail limbs, and the smaller of the two MUTO would be larger than her, I doubt those are the reasons.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

Got my hands on the NECA G19 on Thursday... pretty cool in hand, but part of me wishes the legs had a bit more freedom to move in and out.

My YouTube
Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.
"...that one didn't age quite so well."

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

KingKong2005 wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not want to or literally cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.

But one can also say that there's no point in having the packaging not mention Godzilla since most general consumers wouldn't know where these monsters are from. It'd be impossible to have Godzilla not be on the packaging since there'd need to be a monster bio of the Mutos in the film and Godzilla was such a huge part of the plot. Also due to the fact that they would need to put a "Collect Them All!" collage on the back and it would be pretty profitable to have Godzilla, the main star of the film, right smack there along with each Muto. They would need to drop the name of the film the monsters are from, too, which may be a more complex thing to pull off legally.
Anybody who would buy the muto figures would already know what they are.
GO GO GOJI KUN

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Maritonic wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not or cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.
Considering the Mothra figure is tinier than some actual moths, with six frail limbs, and the smaller of the two MUTO would be larger than her, I doubt those are the reasons.
Well I had the female in mind, she'd be a hard figure to construct in the first place.
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not or cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.
Well I had the female in mind, she'd be a hard figure to construct in the first place.
The female is even larger. I doubt difficulty is the reason we're not getting them. It's probably just a combination of Randy isn't interested and the likelihood that they won't sell as well. They'd sell with us, the fans. But there are plenty of average collectors that'll pick up some of the Godzilla line here or there, but would pass on something like the MUTO because it's just not interesting to them.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm holding out for a 24" Godzilla and a 5-6" tall Rodan and Mothra
your source of self destruction

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

Curious, has NECA made an actual statement that it might be difficult to make a KG 2019 figure?
My YouTube

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

THECRAZEBLING wrote:Curious, has NECA made an actual statement that it might be difficult to make a KG 2019 figure?
They've made many.

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

UltramanGoji wrote:They've made many.
Have they now? They actually made a King Ghidorah? Why haven't I seen one yet?

EDIIT: Wait, you probably mean a STATEMENT. nevermind, just had a bit of a uh brainfart. I found one from them on twitter.
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Touched up Mothra, added some white around her eyes, made her antennae brown, put some brown highlights on her leg joints and shoulders.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

GFAN198423 wrote:Touched up Mothra, added some white around her eyes, made her antennae brown, put some brown highlights on her leg joints and shoulders.

imma take this behind those bushes over there, be right back :vampire:
your source of self destruction

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Touched up Mothra, added some white around her eyes, made her antennae brown, put some brown highlights on her leg joints and shoulders.

The hell is that behind her? A KOTM King Ghidorah figure???
Image Image

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

KingKong2005 wrote:The hell is that behind her? A KOTM King Ghidorah figure???
Probably the Jakks Pacific one.
My YouTube

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

THECRAZEBLING wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:The hell is that behind her? A KOTM King Ghidorah figure???
Probably the Jakks Pacific one.
Looks like the MMS one. It's got those thicc wings.