NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by ElijahSky »

Hellblaze wrote:So we should be finding Bile Goji and Hyper Maser Goji hitting Target shelves. Keep your eyes peeled also a new banner for Playmates GvsK line no new pictures of figures like the Warbat yet. Time for us to toy hunt folks! :D http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/new ... twork-more
They've been at Targets for more than a week. I got mine a while ago.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

ElijahSky wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:So we should be finding Bile Goji and Hyper Maser Goji hitting Target shelves. Keep your eyes peeled also a new banner for Playmates GvsK line no new pictures of figures like the Warbat yet. Time for us to toy hunt folks! :D http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/new ... twork-more
They've been at Targets for more than a week. I got mine a while ago.
Depends on certain locations mine has it in stock I'll get him when I'm off work. They have both Bile and Hyper Maser Gojis. Target has them online ready to ship peeps just checked so if no one is able to get one or if their Target is sold out, go on their website! :o

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Found these two today at a Target in NJ. Also had a Hyper Maser Goji but the box was all torn to hell.

Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Matt1992
Young Farmer

Post by Matt1992 »

Hello just joined the forums and this is my first post. Just bought the boxed 2014 Godzilla at Target and bought the Biollante and Tokyo S.O.S Exclusives on Target's website so I don't have to go hunting for them

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Matt1992 wrote:Hello just joined the forums and this is my first post. Just bought the boxed 2014 Godzilla at Target and bought the Biollante and Tokyo S.O.S Exclusives on Target's website so I don't have to go hunting for them
Welcome to the forums! I never got the boxed 2014 since I've had the original since 2015. How different is the boxed version in terms of paint?

Matt1992
Young Farmer

Post by Matt1992 »

Paint looks a little better but it doesn't look like much changed from the original release

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Went to another Target today and grabbed the maser 03 repaint. They had like 7 of them. As a struggling completionist, I had to order the boxed atomic GMK that I passed on weeks ago to finally complete all 20 boxed neca Godzilla & friends. My work is done here.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Welcome to the forums! I never got the boxed 2014 since I've had the original since 2015. How different is the boxed version in terms of paint?
The original issue was sort of monochrome, with only two colors on top of the gloss black rubber - a bluish wash across the whole figure, and a brown spray highlighting the underside of the torso and tail. The reissue has multiple paint washes and applications that resemble the paint on the 2019 figure. It's worth the upgrade IMO.

Last edited by G1985 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

I wonder... has anyone ever tried mix-matching any of the tails of these figures? Lately I've started to wonder what the 2019 Godzilla would look like with the tails of the 2003 and 2014 Gs attatched.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

ElijahSky wrote:I wonder... has anyone ever tried mix-matching any of the tails of these figures? Lately I've started to wonder what the 2019 Godzilla would look like with the tails of the 2003 and 2014 Gs attatched.
It would look like a Godzilla with two tails :D

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

I managed to find a boxed reissue Shin Atomic Blast which looks legit from a merchant halfway around the world. It's just gone into the mail now. Wish me luck that it gets here okay.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Picked up the Bile Goji at my local Target they had alot of NECA Gojis. Bile Goji will be sealed and not come out since I already have 89 on my shelf.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Hellblaze wrote:Picked up the Bile Goji at my local Target they had alot of NECA Gojis. Bile Goji will be sealed and not come out since I already have 89 on my shelf.
Good, good...... as it should be. If I find one I'll do the same or, or...... I'll buy two, open one keep the other in it's box. Like I did with my 3 G89 figures. Opened one, kept one in box to display, the other well....... it's a secret I'll never tell.

:shock:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote:I'll buy two, open one keep the other in it's box. Like I did with my 3 G89 figures. Opened one, kept one in box to display, the other well....... it's a secret I'll never tell.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote:same or, or...... I'll buy two, open one keep the other in it's box. Like I did with my 3 G89 figures. Opened one, kept one in box to display, the other well....... it's a secret I'll never tell.

Goji, are you fucking a toy again

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
goji89 wrote:same or, or...... I'll buy two, open one keep the other in it's box. Like I did with my 3 G89 figures. Opened one, kept one in box to display, the other well....... it's a secret I'll never tell.

Goji, are you fucking a toy again
Wouldn't surprise me
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I said I'll never tell. This secret will be buried with me.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

goji89 wrote:I said I'll never tell. This secret will be buried with me.
Well, you're goji 89 so it's probably being kept fresh in box to replace the current g89 which serves as your body once that wears thin. right?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote:I said I'll never tell. This secret will be buried with me.
Will it be a closed casket funeral, then?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I plead the FIF on all questions.