NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Platypus Prime »

Yeah, some of the NECA stuff was really interesting. My favorite was the glow-in-the-dark Reactor Glow one, I even painted a beam effect to glow to match it. Oddly, I got it loose in a yard sale box that also had a NECA poster Godzilla, a Rodan, a Mothra, and a first-run Monsterverse Godzilla. Me and my nephew had a fun time with that figuring out where to put everything!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:03 pm Yeah, some of the NECA stuff was really interesting. My favorite was the glow-in-the-dark Reactor Glow one, I even painted a beam effect to glow to match it. Oddly, I got it loose in a yard sale box that also had a NECA poster Godzilla, a Rodan, a Mothra, and a first-run Monsterverse Godzilla. Me and my nephew had a fun time with that figuring out where to put everything!
That Reactor Glow is stupid expensive on eBay right now. I was able to secure every NECA with the movie art boxes except the regular Mothra 2019 and the Reactor. I have never once seen the Mothra 2019 in stores. Only the poster version
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:40 pm
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:03 pm Yeah, some of the NECA stuff was really interesting. My favorite was the glow-in-the-dark Reactor Glow one, I even painted a beam effect to glow to match it. Oddly, I got it loose in a yard sale box that also had a NECA poster Godzilla, a Rodan, a Mothra, and a first-run Monsterverse Godzilla. Me and my nephew had a fun time with that figuring out where to put everything!
That Reactor Glow is stupid expensive on eBay right now. I was able to secure every NECA with the movie art boxes except the regular Mothra 2019 and the Reactor. I have never once seen the Mothra 2019 in stores. Only the poster version
You don't deserve Mothra fool.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I seriously doubt mine would sell for much, even with the Monsterarts effect part and stand, seeing as I got it without a box, and painted the beam. It looks normal in the light but matches Godzilla's glow in the dark. I was actually pretty proud of it, I liked it better than the traditional orange Burning.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:43 pm
Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:40 pm
You don't deserve Mothra fool.
Whatever dickface. Just because of your comment I'm now going to track down the Mothra 2019 to add her ti my vast collection
SpaceG92 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:52 amquote]

Whatever dickface. Just because of your comment I'm now going to track down the Mothra 2019 to add her ti my vast collection
Calm down seabiscuit. Mothra is waaaay out of your league. You should have gotten her the micro second she came out like all of us true Neca Godzilla fans.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

i willingly chose to not get mothra or rodan despite having all the godzillas because they both look like they'd explode into 10,000 fragments if they fell off my shelf, yet are both displayed on thin rods.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:05 pm i willingly chose to not get mothra or rodan despite having all the godzillas because they both look like they'd explode into 10,000 fragments if they fell off my shelf, yet are both displayed on thin rods.
The Rodan for sure, it has like cheap plastic wings but the Mothra despite it being a crappy design (for me) the figure actually feels great and not cheap. I've had her fall on me a couple of times and nothing happened and on tile floor. So Mothra is good, Rodan on the other hand yikes.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

An attempt to get a picture of Reactor Glow Godzilla and the paint I did on the effect part. You don't see the difference till the lights are out. It is NOT easy to get a picture of Glow-in-the-dark. One odd note, I've never seen it mentioned online but the tail TIP of this Godzilla is also glow-plastic, though no one seems to notice it. It's painted over but if you shine a UV light on it it's clearly the same stuff as the back-spines.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:02 pm
Godzilla21 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:52 amquote]

Calm down seabiscuit. Mothra is waaaay out of your league. You should have gotten her the micro second she came out like all of us true Neca Godzilla fans.
Ugh you are right. I waited too damn long on her. The after market is starting to set in on these NECAs too
SpaceG92 wrote:

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I just bought a NECA Shin Godzilla...do all of them come on the standard cards or did they re-release one in a box too? If it's in a box akin to the Awakening version I'll keep it in the package, if not I'll open 'er up...
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 pm I just bought a NECA Shin Godzilla...do all of them come on the standard cards or did they re-release one in a box too? If it's in a box akin to the Awakening version I'll keep it in the package, if not I'll open 'er up...
I'm not sure if they came boxed personally, but you should just open it regardless, the box opens via flap at the top so you could just repack it if you wanted to!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 pm I just bought a NECA Shin Godzilla...do all of them come on the standard cards or did they re-release one in a box too? If it's in a box akin to the Awakening version I'll keep it in the package, if not I'll open 'er up...
All Neca Godzillas got re-released in boxes.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Thanks! I bought it off eBay so I'm not sure if I'll be getting the first edition or the re-release, but I'm guessing it'll be the latter because it was only $37 shipped. Looks like a really cool figure, despite the inaccurate head sculpt.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Randy has tweeted a tease that more Kongs are coming, hopefully not just variants of the current figure.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GFAN198423 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:00 am Randy has tweeted a tease that more Kongs are coming, hopefully not just variants of the current figure.
Likely, this also refers to the teased Skull Island creatures

RIP Evan.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:16 am
GFAN198423 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:00 am Randy has tweeted a tease that more Kongs are coming, hopefully not just variants of the current figure.
They teased Skull Island creatures? I didn't hear of this before now!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:25 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:16 am
They teased Skull Island creatures? I didn't hear of this before now!
Yeah, NECA posted this on Twitter a while ago, though they haven't posted any updates on release date or other dinosaurs. We mentioned it a few times in the NECA and Kong toy thread but I never checked if it made it here.

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:07 am
Yeah, NECA posted this on Twitter a while ago, though they haven't posted any updates on release date or other dinosaurs. We mentioned it a few times in the NECA and Kong toy thread but I never checked if it made it here.

Oh, wow! Dang...
If they release the T. rex, I'd be head over heels for it. :mrgreen:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I ordered an og Shin, I thought it looked better than the atomic breath variant.